• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Interest Check] A RP based Nintendo abandonned IP's?

Years
  • This is more of an idea that was rolling around in the back of my head for a spell and was hoping for the communities take on the idea.

A Roleplay whether it be a game, a forum thread or tabletop RPG based on a system, from Nintendo's own abandoned back catalog. Kinda like Epic Mickey, though instead of an ink, paint and thinner filled nightmare, more of a desolated land with character's trying to survive to see tomorrow in a sense of things. Like Smash Bros. minus Master hand and the Arena.

An example, Luigi is forced out of Nintendo games permanently and ends up in the harsh wasteland at the edge of Nintendo, gets taken in by some of the toads from RPG Mario games and given a new life as an explorer wielding a Metal Baseball bat, geared up in some light leather armor and goes to explore the wastelands as there are things out there consuming characters dumped there and the world. Thus the he and other characters are joining up to go and stop it. Such as Geno and Mallow, Toon Link, Morshu, Captain Falcon, RPG characters from Paper Mario games that we're memorable such as Gombette, Watts, even characters from other games that get neglected such as Megaman Volnutt from Megaman Legends with Roll, so on and so forth.

The story built by the players continues until they meet the end of the outlands or wasteland and everything either resets or the survive keeping their world stable and build a new home/town for those abandoned by their creators.

If there is a high enough interest, I might start preparing the Big Bad, Plot points, etc. and if desired, I might consider running this over a TTRPG system.

Years
  • It's a really interesting idea. Not something I'm particularly interested in for myself, but I'd like to see it happen.

Years
  • I might be interested in this

Who/what would be the player characters?

Any abandoned IP, any abandoned character, anything or anyone shoved out of the limelight and tossed out of human memory. A character from any of the games I submitted in the Gamer's Obscurea is a good example; but the long and short of it, anyone or anything that was in something once and did not have a continuation; The only major modifications expected to the choice is to give them something practical to live in such an odd wasteland/Outland/Edge of existence. My example above giving Luigi an aluminum baseball bat aside from his trademark hammer and proper gear for surviving things more dangerous than a couple of Koopas or Goombas.

Other examples you could take this; Megaman Volnutt with his trademark Blue Bomber suit with Roll being his engineer building weapons only with what she has on hand thus he has to deal with contraptions that have seen better days, though he doesn't have much of a choice unless they come across items and gear in better condition. Captain Falcon has to act as both a scout and courier to the different trading spots and outposts as Nintendo has left this racing game to the side already and has been putting his talents to good use. Vyse, Aika and the others from Skies of Arcadia, no longer with access to moonstones, sought out a new power source and they found it to power their airship, though they have to fight through the things eating the land they have left for their survival.

The players can pick their characters, though I would urge they be character's from something we haven't seen in ages or years, left out of current entries and publications. Though I used Luigi as an Example, the last time Luigi HAD his own game was Luigi's Mansion 3 and his only role in Odyssey was to be a starting line for a balloon hiding in the world; He's kind of the punching bag at this point or someone Nintendo would forget immediately if he wasn't attached to Mario for the whole 'Super Mario Bros.' So I'd even open the floor to character's being 'unfairly' treated to an extent.

Years
  • Any abandoned IP, any abandoned character, anything or anyone shoved out of the limelight and tossed out of human memory. A character from any of the games I submitted in the Gamer's Obscurea is a good example; but the long and short of it, anyone or anything that was in something once and did not have a continuation; The only major modifications expected to the choice is to give them something practical to live in such an odd wasteland/Outland/Edge of existence. My example above giving Luigi an aluminum baseball bat aside from his trademark hammer and proper gear for surviving things more dangerous than a couple of Koopas or Goombas.

Other examples you could take this; Megaman Volnutt with his trademark Blue Bomber suit with Roll being his engineer building weapons only with what she has on hand thus he has to deal with contraptions that have seen better days, though he doesn't have much of a choice unless they come across items and gear in better condition. Captain Falcon has to act as both a scout and courier to the different trading spots and outposts as Nintendo has left this racing game to the side already and has been putting his talents to good use. Vyse, Aika and the others from Skies of Arcadia, no longer with access to moonstones, sought out a new power source and they found it to power their airship, though they have to fight through the things eating the land they have left for their survival.

The players can pick their characters, though I would urge they be character's from something we haven't seen in ages or years, left out of current entries and publications. Though I used Luigi as an Example, the last time Luigi HAD his own game was Luigi's Mansion 3 and his only role in Odyssey was to be a starting line for a balloon hiding in the world; He's kind of the punching bag at this point or someone Nintendo would forget immediately if he wasn't attached to Mario for the whole 'Super Mario Bros.' So I'd even open the floor to character's being 'unfairly' treated to an extent.

Makes sense. Count me in.

Back