• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen A Sinnoh Appearance?

JP

wut?
Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    but ah HA!
    thats not true!
    in R/S the champ was Steven. but in Emerald it was Wallace.
    and then in SS the champ of hoen is still Steven.
    so they do acknowledge the fact that a champ was defeated.

No, that's not what I meant lol. They never really seem to acknowledge the fact that YOU (the Player) are the new Champion.

Non-playable characters, such as Wallace and Steven, are a different story. Something like this even takes place in the new games.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • i think they don't acknowledge that because it's supposed to be an rpg, right?
    so it wouldn't make sense for you to re battle the elite four only to face yourself?
    but i have no problem beleving that in B/W Lukas is sitting alone in a room with a (awesome) piano playing in the bacround awaiting his next challenger. while Cynthia is traveling, living her dream of proving every legendary Pokemon myth true.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • steven, red, and blue are all acknowledged defeated champions.
    and Lukas and Gold are both acknowledged to be champions in there games.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • steven, red, and blue are all acknowledged defeated champions.
    and Lukas and Gold are both acknowledged to be champions in there games.
    I'm talking about outside their story line...
    Also Steven is still called the Hoenn champ in SS which is odd...
    Lucas/Dawn and the rest were only acknowledge in the games they were playerable in unlike Red...

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • the reason Steven is still hoen champ is because S/G came before R/S in the time line.
    so he is still champ because Wallace hasn't defeated him yet.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • But she grew up in Celestic Town :/

Cynthia is boring now. They should have made her a secret agent of Team Plasma who's covered all of her bases, lol.

There's no proof she grew up in Celestic town. But also, with the places she's been/lived, how old is she? I took her to like 24 for some reason, but that young I don't think she would have traveled as much as she has D:

coolnick37

Absolute Power
    Years

• Well she goes back and forth, she is in Isshu in Spring and Summer but in Sinnoh in Fall and Winter....wait that makes sense as it was kind of winter in Pt...
    It wasnt winter there, that was the original climate of hokkaido, which is always cold and has snow and stuff, so it might be summer too.
    Im glad taht cynthia is there, i like when chars from older gens come in new gen. It felt so good when i saw jasmine in sinnoh :3

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    Once you become champion you hold the title for life, that could be why steven is still refered as champion of hoen. And i like the fact the Cynthea is in issue, it shows that everything is still connected. And just because people from other regions are in the game doesnt mean we dont have a fresh start.

Choroneko

チョロネコ
    Years
    • Seen Nov 3, 2012
    I've read that you battle her at some stage, her team consists of Level 70+'s

~Wind~

Detective
    Years
  • HG/SS Was Before R/S so Steven will obviously be the champ till Wallace Beats Him

wrong.
    timeline:

.......R/B/G..................... G/S/C......
    ===R/S/E==3 year skip===D/P/Pt===
    .......B/W/? .................... Gen 6......

My guesses are Cynthia isnt champion yet, and Steven probably got his title back.

Years
  • Apparently when she's talking to you she mentions that you remind her of a trainer who caught Giratina, which if true would suggest that B&W is taking place after DPPt.

Years
  • wrong.
    timeline:

.......R/B/G..................... G/S/C......
    ===R/S/E==3 year skip===D/P/Pt===
    .......B/W/? .................... Gen 6......

My guesses are Cynthia isnt champion yet, and Steven probably got his title back.

nononono. B/W is around the same time as RSE, because of the supposed 3rd generation remakes.

lucaspontes

One of Them
    Years
  • I don't know if anyone already said that, but Serebii says that Katorena, the Psychic-type Elite Four member, visits Cynthia's house in Isshu, so maybe they are related...

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Cynthia in B&W

I was looking aorund my sprite resource website
    and i found this for Black and White
    Cynthia.png

Cynthia?

Is she battlable in this Game?

If so Where why and how do you battle her...?

Discuss!?!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • We already have a thread like this... yes you do battle Cynthia after the main game.

Back