• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

7th Gen A Somewhat Nooby Question

ElementZX9

Wannabe Water Trainer
Years
    • no
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    Hi. I've been playing Pokemon since Generation 5, but I recently got into online play in Pokemon Sun. I constantly trade a lot, and I was wondering this: how do people get those crazy level 100 shiny legendaries? I always see them when I do link trades, and I reaaaaly want them, but I have nothing to trade for them. I'm just curious about how this happens. I do have a Level 100 Shaymin, but that was from a Wonder Trade and I haven't gotten anything close to countering that. So, how do I get those insane high-leveled valuable Pokemon?

I won't even try if it's not a legit way to do it, like hacking or cheating or something.

Years
  • You need a Shiny Charm to encounter shiny Pokemon. To get Shiny Charm, you need to catch all the Pokemon in the Alola region, then go into the building to the left of the Dimensional Research Lab, go up to 2F, and go into the Game Freak office and talk to the game director to get a Shiny Charm. Just by having the Shiny Charm in your inventory, you will be more likely to encounter shiny Pokemon and then you can level up the captured shiny Pokemon to level 100.

Ageha1304

Ageha
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2022
    Well, mostly those rare lvl 100 legendaries are hacked. But you can get shiny legendaries by soft resetting the game. It is a rather tedious process but sooner or later you should get the shiny legendary you desire.

Spyro

[title=Free 6iv Dittos!][url=https://www.reddit.co
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2018
    As Ageha1304 above said, most of those Lv. 100 Shinies you see online are hacked. Really infamous Twitch streamers and Youtubers hack those Shinies and send them in Wonder Trade with their screen name, hoping to attract viewers. Smaller streamers then do the same in the hopes of becoming famous, making trading rare Pokémon online a real landmine.

As to get Shinies yourself, there is many ways, like S.O.S chaining, Soft Resetting, or Masuda Breeding. The latter is the most efficient, as the odds are 1/1365, which also stacks with the effects of the Shiny Charm to get odds of 1/455
    Every method is long and tedious however. If you need help with anything, just let me know!

Last edited:

w1f1pa55w0rd

Ho-oh-oh
    Years
  • Yup. Shiny hacking is really annoying. To farm a shiny legally, however, is really hard. Unless you want to sacrifice a few hours, I wouldn't suggest it. I spent over 24 hours trying to get a shiny egg, but no luck. I even had the egg thing that makes eggs hatch faster or something, but still, 24+ hours is still a lot of time. I'm sure other people have had better luck, but I have not. So again, be prepared to sacrifice many hours, and be ready to grind for a lot of time. A LOT of time.

ElementZX9

Wannabe Water Trainer
    Years
    • no
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    You guys are so helpful! I'm beginning to see a few ways to do it legit on my own:

-PokeBank
    -Wonder Trades
    -Trades

I ended up trading my Shaymin away for a Lvl. 99 shiny Lugia, and from a mystery gift in Alpha Sapphire I have a shiny Rayquaza.

Years
  • You need a Shiny Charm to encounter shiny Pokemon. To get Shiny Charm, you need to catch all the Pokemon in the Alola region, then go into the building to the left of the Dimensional Research Lab, go up to 2F, and go into the Game Freak office and talk to the game director to get a Shiny Charm. Just by having the Shiny Charm in your inventory, you will be more likely to encounter shiny Pokemon and then you can level up the captured shiny Pokemon to level 100.

Wait we need the Shiny Charm to find shinies?

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
  • Wait we need the Shiny Charm to find shinies?

No, the Shiny Charm just makes it more likely that you'll find a shiny; you can definitely still find them even if you don't have one. :)

Last edited:

ElementZX9

Wannabe Water Trainer
    Years
    • no
    • Seen Mar 5, 2018
    As Ageha1304 above said, most of those Lv. 100 Shinies you see online are hacked. Really infamous Twitch streamers and Youtubers hack those Shinies and send them in Wonder Trade with their screen name, hoping to attract viewers. Smaller streamers then do the same in the hopes of becoming famous, making trading rare Pokémon online a real landmine.

As to get Shinies yourself, there is many ways, like S.O.S chaining, Soft Resetting, or Masuda Breeding. The latter is the most efficient, as the odds are 1/1365, which also stacks with the effects of the Shiny Charm to get odds of 1/455
    Every method is long and tedious however. If you need help with anything, just let me know!

Do you know the streamer MitsukiTV? I think that one might hack... that's kind of what got me thinking about this.

Back