• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met.

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
Years
  • Indeed.

In saying this, has there ever been a time in your life where you've been helped out by people you have never seen/met before?

I have once, when I was in 4th grade. I had only just moved to where I live now, so I didn't have any ways of contacting home, since I hadn't memorised the house number. We had a concert at night at school, and it said on the note that it would end at 8:30, but instead it ended at 7:30. So instead of waiting at school patiently, I decided to wait on the road at the back of the school for my dad. It was pretty dark and then a car pulled up next to me and there was a lady inside. She asked what I was doing out at a time like this in the dark, all alone. I told her I was waiting for my dad, in a shakey voice. I guess she sensed I was scared so she told me that she would park further away but wait with me until my dad came. Half an hour passed and my dad showed up. After that I thanked the lady for waiting with me, since who knows what could have happened that night.

So.. yeah. XD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    The only time that I can really think of off the top of my head is when the car decided not to work. I was going to school, then the car broke down and a blind man who was walking across the road came over and asked if we needed assistance.

(The following is either that situation, or another, the car stuffed up a couple of times.) Then a lady stopped and asked if we needed help, then drove us off to school.

There are many more times, but really would take effort to remember.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    It's so true, strangers are your future friends (or enemies?).
    It hasn't happed to me, but it has happened through me.
    I've heard of this before and also helped some people who I don't hate, and was in trouble of some kind.
    It is in my nature to help any good people out. Friendship back from them is a reward taken in my opinion.

Cheesymitten

Dukcs
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2015
    I think once that i was a little kid and was helping my mum with the shopping and this really tall guy came over and asked if i needed help to reach anything i just stould there gawping until mum came....if i ever grow as tall as him i hope to do the same O.o

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Well... it's happened now and then in many situations.

One time was in eight grade, when I was late for the bus. The bus just drove past me, as I had about 10 meters left to the bus stop. Suddenly, a car pulled over and a man opened the door. He looked weird. And he asked me if I wanted a ride into town.

Normally, I'd never said yes, since papa has forbidden me to EVER hitchhike with strangers XD But for some reason I got in the car and we chatted a bit until we reached my school. I was really lucky, I guess. But I wont hitchhike again ._. Dangerous things have happened.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    yes many-a-times.... but the things i do are simple like telling ppl that some of there money fell out of there pocket or something ....

Years
  • Once, when we lived in Japan, we were driving and the car broke down. We were quite a ways away from the air base, and we didn't speak Japanese, so we thought we were out of luck. However, our car broke down right across the street from a car dealership. So, one of the guys there fixed our car enough to get us home and gave us a new battery for free. It was really nice of him. ^^;;

Years
  • Some strangers are just friends you haven't met but some aren't friends. I wouldn't really care though everyone is a stranger until you get to know them and when you do their either a friend or...well...the opposite!

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    About seven years ago my family left me and went to this one place while I was in a bookstore nearby reading a book. My sister told me that we were going to leave but everyone there was being loud so I didn't know what she said. After 15 minutes or so I left out of boredom and decided to stay with my family, little did I know that they left. I then ran outside in the darkness before confronting a guy, who asked what was wrong. I told him I was lost so he, along with this one girl, phoned the cops, who then drove me home. They weren't home so they drove me around my town trying to find them. Soon enough they find my family and the rest I can't remember.

It's still fresh (Kind of) in my mind even after all these years.

Aurafire

provider of cake
    Years
  • I'm sure there has been someone that has helped me out that I've never met before. I can't remember any specific time, but there have been plenty of little things that random people have done for me before, like telling me the time or picking something up for me. But nothing major I don't think o.O

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    meh~
    I reject the helping hands of persons I don't know.
    I don't trust the people around my neighborhood anymore.

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • People have helped me when I've fallen over or injured myself or something.

Other than that? Not really, no.

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Not really. I go by the motto, "God help those who help themselves". So I try to help myself before someone else tries to

Lo-chan

Seme Dara will get you :o
    Years
  • The only time I can remember is when I was in middle school. I was at the store with my brother and he was in the car waiting for me. I was trying to buy something, but I didn't have enough money. This lady came up to me and asked if I had enough and I told her that I didn't. She paid for the rest of it and I thanked her. I felt bad though, because I couldn't repay her D:

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
  • Flipping all those memory banks are a tough thing to do. And so far I've remembered...not one stranger helped me. Or maybe there is a certain someone I forgot, amnesia attack!

Back