• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Abandoned at the Daycare

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I'm not sure if a lot of people actually use the Daycare other than breeding, but my curiosity needs to go away.

What is the most levels a Pokemon gained when you put it in the Daycare? Which Pokemon was it?

rITual

We're only animals.
    Years
  • I think around 8 for me. It was a low-level Pokémon I'd caught back at the start of the Red game (most likely a pidgey or metapod).

It may have even been a magikarp.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Maybe 30 something? I tend to always leave a random Pokemon in the Daycare during normal playthroughs, just for curiosity's sake, because I wanna see what level it's at when I've finished the game completely lol. It's stupid, I know. But hey, it gives me an answer to the thread, and that's all that matters.

Cello

Tonight!
    Years
  • I remember back when I got Sapphire version, I left a Wailmer in the daycare and completely forgot about it for a loooong time.

I came back about a year later and found out that sucker was still in there and around level 70. Used him ever since. P:

Years
  • Maybe 40 or so levels. I do sometimes forget about the breeding centre and focus on spamming the E4 and doing the battle towers and stuff. Eventually get back and I'm like "oh yeah . . ."

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    My Lapras gained 45 levels once, and then it was my highest level Pokemon after that. xD
    I hyper speed my Yellow rom and rode my bike for five minutes straight in those underground passages. Didn't realize I'd gain that many levels. xD

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2016
    My ditto in one of the games. I left it in there at Lv10.. withdrew it at Lv96. XD I forgot which game it was in, but I still have it now. It's lv100 :D Didn't think you could get that much experience from making babies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • When I was breeding a DW Eevee, that Eevee gained around 20 levels because I spent most of my time trying to get eggs with good IVs and natures.

Years
  • I know that when I caught a Ditto at level 10 in HeartGold, I left in the Daycare, and as far as I know it's still there. Last time I checked, it had grown by ~45 levels.

I also left a Wailmer in the Daycare in Sapphire, and by the time I pulled it out, it was level 84.

Years
  • Pretty sure I remember leaving a Ditto in Crystal or Platinum in the Daycare and it ending up somewhere in the mid-80s, lol. I'm tempted to play again just to get that guy to 100. :3

Huggie

Mewtwo lover :3
    Years
  • I tend to leave a ditto there once I get one and unless I breed I completely forget about it ...except from some events I have ditto was my highest level pokemon in every version I played when I was little and did not bothered to reach all my team 100lvl

Years
  • When I was playing through LG I left a caterpie I think in Day care(under Viridian city)
    And continued the game after I finished the storyline...
    I started training many pokemon in E4, vs seeker etc etc
    yes I was kinda into that game I reached many pokemon up to LvL100 that I've never even tried before...After a couple years I remembered my little caterpie :P It was a lvl100 caterpie meaning that it gained aroun 95lvls :p

~V~

"Winds of a New Beginning"
    Years
  • What is the most levels a Pokemon gained when you put it in the Daycare? Which Pokemon was it?

Ditto. It depends on which game, but I normally end up with a level 90-100 by the time I reset my game.

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2012
    I leave a Ditto there in every game, usually goes to lv 100, or at least close.

Years
  • I end up leaving a Ditto in there, and it's usually a high level by the time I realise it's there.
    Usually I fill my party with eggs, hatch them, go to a PC and then swap the hatched Pokemon for my normal team.
    By that time I'm probably concentrating on something else, and completely forget. I'm sorry, Ditto!

Back