• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Abortion?

Should women be allowed to have an abortion if they so choose?

• Yes, it's their body, so they should be able to choose.

Votes: 25 44.6%
  • Yes, but only under certain circumstances, like in the case of rape or incest.

Votes: 19 33.9%
  • No, it's murder, and should not be permitted under any circumstance.

Votes: 12 21.4%

• Total voters
Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    Since OVP seems to be on hot-button mode lately, I'll see what everyone thinks about this. Do you think women should be entitled to have an abortion if they so choose? Or should they be required to be entirely responsible for their actions?

Cryomancer

blocks your path.
    Years
  • Making abortions illegal causes more lives to be lost. Aborted babies have the potential to improve the lives of those living.

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Look, this is A-M-E-R-I-C-A, its the worlds best free country, if you don't like all that implies to living in a free country then get out, no ones making you stay.

I hate it when people get all defensive about this subject. Women should be able to choose what they want to do with there body. Good or bad. If your a women and you want an abortion, go for it.

And did you now that embreos that will become humans are actually not human at all, they are just embreos. Don't believe me, ask any scientist. They are just a stage where nature takes its course.

And do any of you people now the benefits from abortions? We could make the human race immune to so many things, get rid of cancer, stop aids, but all this controversy is getting in the way of all that is necessary for us to move along.

Listen to this:

Every year the average life span for humans increases becuase of healthier diets, food, and supplements, and many other factors. But With people living longer, that means less people die. And every day, humans are born into this world. Do you realize the consiquences of this? If we continue on this track, Earth will become over crouded, inhabitable. But, with abortions, the probability of that happening drops significantly. But it still iss a possibility. And yes, space exploration is a way of getting arounf this dilema, but that still is in testing, and humans arent ready for it ither.

So, in my opinion, abortions are a way of keeping Earth as beautiful as it is know, and making sure that there less homeless children in the world, and most importantly, surviving. This, what many people find to be so cruel and inhumane, is graduly becoming a survival need.

Think about it

Last edited:

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • Definitely. Remember when deciding, you're controlling a women's body as well as her right to use it. I see when it is like a woman is less than a month pregnant, it's fine, but some restrictions should apply when it's just too late. I mean, adoption is an alternative, but it doesn't alway cut it. There is no such thing as lives being lost or murder if they are not even yet living.

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
  • I'm usually pro-abortion and the reason for this is because It should never be up to anyone else what someone does with their body. If it's your body you should have the absolute choice in what goes on with it. However, I completely understand that a "potential" life is lost when a woman does choose to have her pregnancy terminated. In the hands of the wrong individual, a procedure like this can be tragic.

The loss of life, potential or positive, is never a joyous event. Its those who are careless that i worry most about. Individuals engaging in reckless sexual encounters which result in pregnancy... then have their pregnancy aborted. I believe these are people in the wrong, plain and simple. But is it up to me to tell them what to do with their body? No. In the end it's that woman which will suffer the consequences of her actions. Abortions too frequent, or done incorrectly, it will affect the ability of that woman becoming pregnant ever again. It's risky business, but business of the woman and man it's affecting, not mine, or yours, or president Bush's.

RYOUKI

survive the world.
    Years
  • Yes, but only in some circumtances.....I know that killing is bad, but we can't helped it
    There's some things in life that we can't helped....If it was just an accident (y' know an accident) then I'm okay with abortion...In the other hand, If they planned to do some things and abort it so they can't go into trounle...I don't know, Its there fault that they accidentally formed a life force inside the girls womb, so I dunno what to say now, If I'm Pro-Abortion or Anti-Abortion

Years
  • I think that abortion is unnessecary (sp), if the woman didn't want a baby she should have thought about it at the time the baby was conceived. In the case of rape, then the baby should still be delivered, but the medical bills for having the baby delivered should not be charged to the woman and her family. I even think that if the couple doesn't want the child, they should use the method of adoption.

Last edited:

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • It's murder...plain and simple, but if a woman chooses to have that unborn baby on her conscience her whole life, then I'm not gonna stop her...

Additionally, to counter the, "she might be pregnant before she was ready to have kids," arguments, if she's responsible enough to just decide to go around sleeping with any guy she wants (or any guy that wants her...), then she should be responsible enough to have a kid.

Captain Arcane

Years
  • It's murder...plain and simple, but if a woman chooses to have that unborn baby on her conscience her whole life, then I'm not gonna stop her...

Additionally, to counter the, "she might be pregnant before she was ready to have kids," arguments, if she's responsible enough to just decide to go around sleeping with any guy she wants (or any guy that wants her...), then she should be responsible enough to have a kid.

You are not a woman are you, so you don't know what a woman would fell like after having an abortion. I listen to a guy on the radio called Tom Licus, and the topic of abortion came up, and all the woman that called and had gotten abortions were glad that they did, becuase there whole life would be ruined if they would have had the baby, mainly becuase they weren't ready, or they wouldn't be able to support it.

Hellllllooooooooooo, do you ever think about situations when woman dont know they are pregnant.

Example:
    Lets say a woman took birth control pills. But at the same time, she was very sick, and the medicen she took stopped the birth control from working, and before she knew it, she was pregnant.

See, thats a perfect example of woman not knowing thier pregnant.

And no, its not murder, a baby inside the woom is not considered alive until the woman has given birth. Thats why its called "give birth". To give life, for the baby to be able to sustain life without the support of a host, the parent. Now obviously if you were to kill the baby after being "born", that would be considered murder.

Years
    • MA
    • Seen Jul 26, 2008
    Gah, I hate getting into subjests like this...

Anyways, I fall right in the middle; I don't generally agree with abortion, as there are other options rather than just taking in unborn childs life away from it out of your own selfish, and careless behavior, but under some extreme cases such as rape, I don't believe that a woman should be force to bearing the child which comes from the seed of such a criminal.

To be honest, it completely sickens me when a woman out of her own careless mistakes decides to have an abortion, with all the other options there are out today.

But I voted "Yes, but only under certain circumstances, like in the case of rape or incese" for the sake of this poll.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
  • You are not a woman are you, so you don't know what a woman would fell like after having an abortion. I listen to a guy on the radio called Tom Licus, and the topic of abortion came up, and all the woman that called and had gotten abortions were glad that they did, becuase there whole life would be ruined if they would have had the baby, mainly becuase they weren't ready, or they wouldn't be able to support it.

Although, no one I directly know has had an abortion, my mother works at a clinic, and many return patients coming back after an abortion tend to tell her or the other clerks that it was a bad decision and they felt really guilty afterwards. Keep in mind that for every woman who made an easy decision to better their lives through abortion, there are just as many who had a hard decision and ended up feeling guilty and bad about it.

Hellllllooooooooooo, do you ever think about situations when woman dont know they are pregnant.

Example:
    Lets say a woman took birth control pills. But at the same time, she was very sick, and the medicen she took stopped the birth control from working, and before she knew it, she was pregnant.

See, thats a perfect example of woman not knowing thier pregnant.

To be quite honest....it is a sad reflection on the state of society as a whole when women are using birth control period. What happened to the good old days when sex was never just a casual thing, but an ultimate act of love between two indiviaduals? When women have to take a pill to be protected from an unanticipated sexual encounter just t obe safe, then society has gone in the crapper.

And no, its not murder, a baby inside the woom is not considered alive until the woman has given birth. Thats why its called "give birth". To give life, for the baby to be able to sustain without the support of a host, the parent. now, obviously if you were to kill the baby after being "born", that would be considered murder.

This is the fundemental argument here....whether to look at it from a scientific viewpoint or a humanitarian viewpoint. Murder is taking the life of any individual. Born or unborn, it still has the potential for humanity and greatness. Killing a great world leader as an adult is just as bad as killing the kids who would grow up to be a great world leader, and that's just as bad as aborting an embryo that was destined to be a great world leader. It's really all the same.

Captain Arcane

Years
  • Yes, but remember, what I said in my first post in this thread. The life span for humans is increasing yearly, annuly, mabye even forever, but we can't all live, on this planet together. So, we would have to expand, into outer space. As dangerouse as it is out there, it is a possibility. But listen to this.

Lets say we were testing space shuttles, satalites, and other planet bases, which we could inhabit. And in the early stages of these tests...(which is just about upon us) Other than test dummies, nothing other than life itslef can mimic itself completey. Life is the most original and mundane thing in exsistance. So we would have to send real life animals even human beings into space for testing purposes.

So, lets say space programs started volunteer programs for outer space testing, and nobody would volunteer. And every day, the Earth was coming closer and closer, to reaching its maximum capacity, governments would start making people test. They may take your baby as soon as its born, all for the improvement of mankinds exsistance.

Like I said, Abortion, as we know it, may become a survival need.

luke

Master of the Elements
    Years
  • Ahh... this is a very conflicting issue in my opinion. I was raised as a Roman Catholic by my mother, but in reality I'm agnostic, so I'm not one to stick to my Christian beliefs. Also, I'm gay, so I truly hate when anyone tells me what to do with my body. And top of that I hate murder, so I hate to see the taking of a life.

But in the long run, I am a staunch supporter of a woman's choice, no matter what the circumstances are. If they regret it later or feel remorse for their decision, it is an unfortunate, for the lack of a better word, consequence, of their decision.

It is tough to explain my reasoning for my support, but it all comes from the fact that I personally hate being told what to do with my body, so I don't support any cause that forces a decision upon a person.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jun 2, 2014
    if she's responsible enough to just decide to go around sleeping with any guy she wants (or any guy that wants her...), then she should be responsible enough to have a kid.

Why does everyone use this argument. It's like the most counter-intuitive argument I've ever heard. If you are just having unprotected sex all willy-nilly, doesn't that mean you're NOT responsible? You can't just screw up the life of a woman and the life of an innocent child because you need to teach a lesson about one bad decision she made. That is completely selfish. Also, remember, accidents happen, dude. Contraceptives can fail.

When women have to take a pill to be protected from an unanticipated sexual encounter just t obe safe, then society has gone in the crapper.
    Well, that's your opinion. When was this magical time period anyway? Certainly not in your lifetime.

Killing a great world leader as an adult is just as bad as killing the kids who would grow up to be a great world leader, and that's just as bad as aborting an embryo that was destined to be a great world leader. It's really all the same.
    Um, what the christ are you talking about. A fetus could grow up to be Hitler for all we know. We don't time machines the last time I checked, so how can we know what effect they'll have on the world? How is it any more tragic than the gazillions of sperm cells that die off? Or all the abortions that occur naturally? Where do you draw the line? Can you even do so without it being completely trivial?

Captain Arcane

Years
  • Why does everyone use this argument. It's like the most counter-intuitive argument I've ever heard. If you are just having unprotected sex all willy-nilly, doesn't that mean you're NOT responsible? You can't just screw up the life of a woman and the life of an innocent child because you need to teach a lesson about one bad decision she made. That is completely selfish. Also, remember, accidents happen, dude. Contraceptives can fail.

Well, that's your opinion. When was this magical time period anyway? Certainly not in your lifetime.

Um, what the christ are you talking about. A fetus could grow up to be Hitler for all we know. We don't time machines the last time I checked, so how can we know what effect they'll have on the world? How is it any more tragic than the gazillions of sperm cells that die off? Or all the abortions that occur naturally? Where do you draw the line? Can you even do so without it being completely trivial?

Yes, I agree with Allstories, even though you did not say this, but his opinions are all stereotypical. You have to take it from every angle, life is not just black and white, its different shades of grey.

Years
  • I think t should only be done if the the life of the mother is threatened, the health of the mother is threatened (the definition of health I hope is well defined) and if the mother was a victim of rape or incest.

Pokedragonfire

ph34r |\/|y 1337 n1nj4 5k1||z
    Years
  • Why does everyone use this argument. It's like the most counter-intuitive argument I've ever heard. If you are just having unprotected sex all willy-nilly, doesn't that mean you're NOT responsible? You can't just screw up the life of a woman and the life of an innocent child because you need to teach a lesson about one bad decision she made. That is completely selfish. Also, remember, accidents happen, dude. Contraceptives can fail.

That's why we have abstinence. ;) Yes, people make mistakes, but I don't believe that people should use abortion as a birth control. If you aren't willing to accept the small tiny percent of risk, that you may end up with a child, you aren't ready to do it at all. No one "accidentally" has sex. You have to accept responsibility for your actions, and don't take unnecessary risk you aren't prepared for.

Now, I would like to say that abortion before the child feels pain is my accepted version. I mean, why would anyone have an objection to killing a zygote? I don't, and I can't understand why anyone else would either. No one has an objection to killing a sperm or egg, yes? Then a zygote is not any different. Even after it becomes an embryo, abortion is acceptable before the child is capable of feeling pain or feeling or thinking at all. If the mother is in danger, abortion can happen even if the child feels pain, but death to the child would try to be in the most painless way possible and IS A LAST RESORT. But any abortion should always be the last resort.

Back