• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen About hacking for events.

Vayle Rosehart

Master of the ninja noogie.
    Years
    I am a Canadian pokemon trainer, caught up once again in the dismal circumstances that prevent me from obtaining events and their pokemon. I have a question, then, about how to go about getting the pokemon I want to finish my dex. I suppose I'd have to hack it, wouldn't I? How would I do that?

I have access to a Nintendo DS and a GBA SP. Is there a gameshark or other such device for the GBA or something similar for a DS so that I can have an event?

I would be hacking solely for access to the tickets to the various islands within FireRed to catch Deoxys and the other Legendaries I didn't have accessibility to before. I'll also be doing the same for Emerald. Now, when I use a device like a gameshark to hack, let's say, a ticket to Birth Island, will it mess with the game at all? I remember using the Missingno glitch and getting Mew using the Mew Glitch back in the Red/Blue days, and that Mew would cause my game to freeze. I'm scared of playing around with the code for fear of screwing things up.

Furthermore, if I hacked just the means to get to the event does that necessarily mean the pokemon itself is hacked too? Or is the event already programmed into the game and merely needs to be 'unlocked'?

Thank you for your time.<3.

Akeraz

Winning is Magic
    Years
    Well, there's always some risk with using cheating devices.

But your best bet is, as you say using a Gameshark or an Action Replay, and finding the codes for each of the event items needed to catch the event pokemon.

Ninja Caterpie

AAAAAAAAAAAAA
    Years
    If you hack for the ticket, the Pokemon might look legit, but isn't.
    I don't think using the get-birth/aurora-ticket hack can glitch the game, but...:\ Dunno where to get a Gameshark though...

Ex Trainer Ruiisu

You Told Me I Was A Monster
    Years
    when getting the pokemon by means of hacking the event, the means of capturing the pokemon in the place its meant to be in is not hacked, however the means of getting there, and how you got the item is hacked.
    This would be considered a partial hack.

CombatArmsWarrior

A new Year is about to begin..
    Years
    when getting the pokemon by means of hacking the event, the means of capturing the pokemon in the place its meant to be in is not hacked, however the means of getting there, and how you got the item is hacked.
    This would be considered a partial hack.

I agree with you. Hacking to get a pokemon in a event...well The event is ALREADY programmed in the game, but The pokemon company gave the event downloads In 2004 in the nintendo rocks event. Hacking now to unlock the event would be partical hack. The pokemon isn't hacked, but Hacking to unlock the event is.

Vayle Rosehart

Master of the ninja noogie.
    Years
    So, is a Deoxys caught using a partial hack 'legit'? Use of it (Deoxys) in other games won't cause damage or anything of the sort?

The only real hacking is for the item to the event, and not the pokemon itself. Correct?

I apologize. I've stayed away from hacking entirely because I don't see it as playing the game how you should play it. I'm very much willing to make an exception for the pokemon games, because it's virtually impossible to get to an event.

Well, not impossible.. I just don't feel like shelling out $600-$2000 in global airfare travel to obtain one or a few pokemon at Nintendo's leisure. I'm sure others feel the same?

I'd like to discuss hacking itself a little more in-depth, if you please. I haven't used a Gameshark since..

Jeez.. Over ten years ago? I'm pretty sure I was eight years old the last time I handled a Gameshark for my GameBoy Pocket. So, are there Gamesharks for SPs? Or for DSs? What is an Action Replay? Is that similar to a Gameshark? I literally know nothing regarding this.

Again, thank you all for your time and patience. If you think this thread could be helpful to others, I'll place the questions and answers posted here within my first post until it eventually grows too old for the front thread page here. Or, you guys could tell me I'm bloody stupid and that there is collected information on pokemon hacking somewhere on this site by directing me there.

Just saying.<3.

Pingouin_7

You're lucky to have a Game Boy Pocket. I've always wanted one...

Whatever. On my GSSP I deleted all the cheats and put only the event cheats on them. Now, when the GSSP loads, instead of taking 5-10 seconds to save the cheat database, it takes less than a second!

I suggest getting GSSP. It's really easy to get used to it, and when you create a new game folder, they ask to type a (M) Must Be On, unlike GS v1.2, wich I never understood how to type the (M) Must Be On.

GSSP looks like a transparent-black hoop. (I've got the special edition, wich is transparent-white.)

Pingouin_7

But... It's name doesn't reflects what is it. xD

It can be used with a normal GBA too...

And nope.

Le_Avatar

Experienced Trainer & Breeder
    Years
    the AR works pretty well for Diamond & Pearl...
    but I don't know if there's a device that would allow you to do the same with GBA games...

groudonlover

Mateus readies Hellfire...
    Years
    There is actually a AR for GBA, Action Replay Max, that works BOTH for DS and GBA
    And, no, those events was the worst thing Nintendo ever came up with, they just make a lot of people sad...

But i don't count a Pokemon obtained by hacking an Item for an Already-released Nintendo Event as Hacked, those Event Islands is really just "Sealed away" to make people that is not Japans or have an AR sad...
    To make those unacessible islands is to ASK people to hack thier games!

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
    I hack for pokes that I don't want to half way around the world. There is an ar for gba. I have it!!! It's called the Action Replay Max and to whether it will mess up your game,It depends on the codes you get.

Back