• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Act your age not your shoe size!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    People always say I'm mature,and I guess I can agree but sometimes I'll be a little crazy which is rare :p

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    I'm not mature for my age. I have many views and opinions from a child's standpoint and think irrationally. I still verbally speak like a young kid and get hyper like an eight year old. I also have innocence that everyone my age lacks. It's ok though; I'm fine with being immature. It's the way I am and I'll mature at my own rate.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I am extremely immature for my age- I think this is partly because I don't look eighteen. XD Though I wouldn't say I act my shoe size (I'm a UK 4 XD), just four or five years younger than I should. I'm not into drinking/partying, and still get extremely hyper when I have too much sugar to eat. D;

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I guess I do consider myself pretty mature for my age, or at least based on everyone else around me. Still, there are a ton of people who are considerably more mature than I am. XD;;;

Spearow

mr. nobody
    Years
    I feel mature for my knowledge banks

this made me lol and i'm not quite sure why.

In other news, I think maturity is an attractive quality and I'm not sure why some people in this thread don't seem to think so? There are nice things about interacting with children but it is unpleasant to be around someone who acts completely juvenile all the time. Key word being "acts". The worst is when they just put on a show of being stupid/spoiled for the sake of attention, or to play cute.

Melody

Banned
    Years
    I am pretty mature for the most part. I do tend to have a playful and childish side, but I generally don't let that run off with me. I enjoy childish things here and there, but I really don't do anything that's really immature.

Some people say I'm a bit stiff, but that's just part of who I am.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    How I act really just depends. Sometimes I act my age, sometimes I act older, and then sometimes (when I'm usually hanging with my sister), I act so much younger. I guess it all depends on who I'm with, and who sees me doing what. My mom says I'm mature for my age, but seeing how I sometimes act in my house, I don't know. xD; Maybe when it comes to real life situations, and when I'm not playing around I am.

Åzurε

Shi-shi-shi-shaw!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2013
    I suppose I kinda go back and forth. I'll be a respectful, law-abiding citizen of the world one week, and get hyper, sarcastic, or just defiant the next. I try to remain the former, though. Out in public, especially, I'll try to keep up a good image.

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    People have told me I'm more mature than most people my age. But they've never seen me act childish. . >.> XD​

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
    Years
    I would love the opportunity to be truly mature. But right now, acting my age to many of the people around me is basically acting like an idiot, while being mature to most of the adults around me is shutting up and obeying commands blindly. :|

It's annoying, really.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm pretty mature. Inside. But I act really immature :3 Because. Things are easier that way.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Actually my age IS my shoe size.

I wish this poll had been created about 2 years ago, cos then (Had I been a member, of course) I could have gave that as an answer =( Curse the aging process ¬_¬

But yes, I suppose like most people for me it depends on the circumstances. When needs be I can be mature (Hard to believe, I know), but most of the time I act like an ass around my friends. Actually, i'd say i'm worse online than in real life for acting immature xD

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ... PC members don't consider me mature, but to people in real life... um, adults I don't know (since the ones I know think I'm crazy), uh, I act mature. :3

:3

3:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2013
    Ugh, I'm always getting told to grow up.
    When the time calls to be serious, i can be.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Sometimes I'm 25, sometimes I'm 5, sometimes I'm i years old! (Math joke*shot*)

Yeah, some have said I am too mature and others view me as immature. Very very random. Probably depends on the weather.

Vampire://Krimm

→ clocks everywhere →
    Years
    For the longest time I used to fool people online about my actual age XD I'm mostly known by people to be mature, and sadly it rarely goes away ._. I prefer to befriend and associate myself with adults rather than kids my own age, mostly because I tend to see them as hopeless cases XD

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I prefer to befriend and associate myself with adults rather than kids my own age, mostly because I tend to see them as hopeless cases XD
    As a general rule, I'm like this. Growing up I was friends with all the teachers and other adults, and none of the kids wanted anything to do with me. The adults thought I was respectable and brilliant, while the kids just didn't think I was 'one of them' since I had no interest in their crude ways, and for the longest time, was too naive to understand most of their humor. Kids sicken me sometimes. I hate to say this again, but often times kids and teens of today chip away at my faith in humanity. Looking back, there are some ways in which I'm glad I was an outcast, if you set aside the negative effects it had on my self-esteem, that is.

Nowadays, I don't really know who I associate with in general. I still don't fit in with my own age group, I still relate better with teachers/older adults, but I also have my teenage friends online. It's all kind of gotten a bit ambiguous, I think.

Back