• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Action Replay...

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2004
    OKay, Action Replay cheat systems are starting to piss me off.
    Since the codes for the Pokemon Fire Red codes had not worked on my version 3.3, I had gone out and bought the newest Action Replay system that featured Pokemon Fire Red and Pokemon Leaf Green codes. I tried the codes and they did not work either...

Can you tell me what I did wrong?

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    If it's about FR/LG codes specifically, it belongs in that section. Otherwise, I'll move it back. But for now…

Years
  • Make a totlally new section for FRLG,go to enter a new game,and use this to see what codes you like.CODES
    If this doesn't work you have a defective AR,or the Master Codes may be wrong.

Mistys_Brother

Monkey Magic !!
    Years
  • Hmm ... maybe you can help me too. I've been trying to use the codejunkies.com "Encounter" code on my Action Replay system but it doesn't seem to visibley work. All the other codes I put in do apart from that one.

I've tried putting it in as two seperate codes (Encounter - Pokemon of choice) & as one whole code but it doesn't seem to work.

So I was just wondering if there was a specific area you had to go to in order to encounter the pokemon you chosse ???

Years
  • Code Junkies codes go into GSSP folllow the codes link i gave to get AR codes,if you already have a FRLG section in your AR and the codes don't work creat a new one and do the same with the master code and everything.Gamefaqs.com

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • DarkShadowSmoke said:
    Code Junkies codes go into GSSP folllow the codes link i gave to get AR codes,if you already have a FRLG section in your AR and the codes don't work creat a new one and do the same with the master code and everything.Gamefaqs.com

Just throw them off, why don't you?

CodeJunkies codes are compatable with Action Replay only. That mean if you have a shoddy GSSP, then you can't use CodeJunkies codes.

Make certain that you are using the proper region of codes for the one that appear at CodeJunkies.com. They are very region specific. Use the appropriate master code for you region.

When using heavy RAM-modifying codes, you may only have one on at a time. This means you can have the master code on, the "encounter" code on and a Pok?mon code listed underneath on, but you cannnot have any others on. This may negate the effect of the encounter code.

Finally, if you're too lazy to type in codes, and would like some code saves, go here:
    https://pokemonfaqs.uni.cc/handheld_games/red_green

Mistys_Brother

Monkey Magic !!
    Years
  • No I don't have a FRLG section in my Action Replay System. The thing is ... the other codes I got from Codejunkies work .... just not the encounter code ....

I'll try the game FAQ cheats but I thought they were for the US version not the EU version !?

HellishHades

Pure Evil
    Years
  • Mistys_Brother said:
    No I don't have a FRLG section in my Action Replay System. The thing is ... the other codes I got from Codejunkies work .... just not the encounter code ....

I'll try the game FAQ cheats but I thought they were for the US version not the EU version !?

There are specific codes for UK region games, unlike RS, which had some later paks that were generic EU.

Mistys_Brother

Monkey Magic !!
    Years
  • HellishHades said:
    Make certain that you are using the proper region of codes for the one that appear at CodeJunkies.com. They are very region specific. Use the appropriate master code for you region.

When using heavy RAM-modifying codes, you may only have one on at a time. This means you can have the master code on, the "encounter" code on and a Pok?mon code listed underneath on, but you cannnot have any others on. This may negate the effect of the encounter code.

I'm pretty sure I'm using the right codes - Like I said , the other codes I got from codejunkies.com worked correctly .... just not this one.

I'll try it without the Master Code on .... see what happens !! Also do the encounter code & the pokemon code have to be all one code or two seperate codes (if that makes any sense) ?

Vash26

Eon Crazy
    Years
    • Age 35
    • TN
    • Seen Mar 24, 2007
    What pissed me off the most, is that codejunkies said "Oh well the codes work 100% your just doing something wrong" , WTF I cant wait for the forums to get back up because Im going to be doing some tasty complaining!

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I'll try it without the Master Code on .... see what happens !! Also do the encounter code & the pokemon code have to be all one code or two seperate codes (if that makes any sense) ?
    All codes NEED a Master code to work. Turning it off would gaurentee none of your codes will work.

Entering all the codes under one...code will be fine.

Make sure you have the Pokemon code and the Encounter code turned on (they're 2 separate codes) like Hellish said.

Back