• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Add/Edit/Remove?

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
  • Add: Follow me feature<3
    Edit: Rematch system...right now there is none. :(
    Remove: Musicals. D;

Oh yeah, there are no re-matches )));;;; That wasn't very smart, not adding any rematches. The E4 just isn't enough, I dont want to battle them over, and over, and over.

So yeah I would want a re match system added in. And not phone calls, that was just annoying. VS seeker would be good.

Also the follow me feature would be really cool added. I want to see the gen 5 pokes walk around ;__;

Maybe the musicals could be edited in some way to make them more enjoyable? I haven't played yet so I wouldn't know what to add... Maybe battles in the musical, like the battles in the Poke contests in the Anime?

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
  • Add : Travelling to other regions by plane. We saw planes so why wouldn't we be able to fly a plane and go to Sinnoh, for example ? < Minor add because we could totally fly using a flying pokémon. xD Else, I'd like the VS Seeker and Gym Leader rematch to be BACK. So you could choose whether you want to battle Poddo, Dento or Koon then.

Edit : The supposed 3v3 battles. ._. And make it real 3v3 fights instead of 1v1 of 3 rotating battles...And the TM prices. XD

Remove : I dunno. xD

PokéSwimmer

Keeping time time time
    Years
  • I haven't played the game yet, but, from the information that I know:

Add: Gym Leader Rematches, VS Seeker, 3rd Gen style Secret Bases, more TMs, Pokémon Following you, the Pokéwalker (or a similar device), and a "Time Capsule" feature (like in Gen II) which allows you to trade with Gen IV.

Edit: The English names, they were kind of terrible this time around. Ability to use fishing rods pre-E4.

Remove: I'm not going to pass judgement until I actually play the game.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Add: Follow me feature.
    Edit: Crimgan - give it a better design.
    Remove: The sports dome. I don't know why, I just don't like either of the two domes cause they don't really add anything to the games imo.

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
    Years
  • Add: As many have said, the VS Seeker.

Edit: Nothing much really, maybe Tepig's secondary typing (it would be amazing if the fighting wasn't attached). And maybe less pixelated backsprites...

Remove: Musicals, but I'm not ever going to do them so it doesn't really bother me though.

Skapocalypse

Im back! :3
    Years
  • Add: Vs. Seeker

Edit: Heatmor's stats and movepool. He's a really cool pokemon, but he is out classed by almost every other fire type. D;

Remove: Musicals.... And Sturdy on Boldore! (Curse you Boldore!)

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Add: Vs. Seeker, Gym Leader rematches, secret bases, and trainer dress-ups. Those alone would address many of my concerns about the games.
    Edit: Go back to the old way of earning Exp. Replace the old, tired Bicycle with something fresh like a Buick Lacrosse or Regal
    Remove: Can't think of anything right now.

Years
    • Seen May 17, 2016
    Add: Gym leader rematches, VS-Seeker, Pokeathlon, Follow Me feature, Battle Frontier, Game Corner (but NOT Voltorb Switch)

Edit: A bunch of typings (Beartic --> Ice/Fighting; the starter typings as mentioned above), a bunch of stats (Vanilluxe has a BST of 535. It is an ICE CREAM. Seriously), Musicals (make them worth doing, somehow - as it is they're the world's biggest waste of time), Poke Transfer (make it quicker and simpler), make it possible to trade before beating 1st Gym, make the level jump between beating E4 and post-game a bit less extreme (maybe have some intermediary trainers to cover the gap)

Remove: not much really. No point removing anything if it could just be improved instead.

I'm sure there's more... but there we go.

Eclaircise

The Forgotten Trainer
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2016
    Add: Ability to go to all the previous gyms and obtain all the badges, and one of each starter like in SS/HG...you got one of three few starters. and obviously vs seeker and rematch of trainers and gym leaders. Follow feature[Turn it on and off]. Battle frontier..harder E4.

Edit: Designs/Names/Typings

Remove: Poke Musicals..annoying

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • Add: Pokemon contests, secret bases, vs seeker
    edit: tepig's evolution forms and type
    remove: triple/rotation battles, pokemon musicals

Last edited:

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Add: Vs. Seeker/Gym leader rematches, and Follow me feature.
    Edit: Pokemon starter final evo typing.
    Remove: Rotation battles. Triples were enough.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    ADD: Vs. Seeker or rematch call via Xtransciever, the option to allow the first Pokemon in your party to walk with you (IE it could be on the options for that Pokemon, STATS, SWITCH, ITEM, WALK, CANCEL), Old and Good rods, Pokewalker compatibility, secret bases, Game Corner (an arcade for international releases).

EDIT: Some events should automatically be in-game, IE once you get the National Pokedex, Shiny Suicune, Entei and Raikou are roaming, catching them allows you to encounter Zoroark.

REMOVE: Musicals

Maybe if they ever make the third version they should take these into consideration.

Years
  • Add: VS Seeker. I know it's been said loads of times, but there's no good reason why they didn't put that in BW.

Edit: Gym Leaders needs to be harder. I consider Lenora the hardest, but she's still a pushover. About half of them just completely suck.

Remove: Musicals. Never gunna use them.

Lancelot-sama!

i call it bipolar game fandom.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 1, 2018
    Add: I would have liked a few more diving spots. It kind made me a bit sad that you could basically only dive for the Abyssal ruins, and I feel like the dive ball included in the game is pointless seeing as I haven't/can't really run into underwater wild pokemon. I would also like gym leader re-matches.
    Edit:Pokemon musicals. I mean besides figuring out the right props & if you don't have a prop that can appeal the audience..... you sort of just sit there. The music is nice & it's cute but they should change it up to be as fun as the pokeathlon.
    Remove:HM01. Trees to cut. I rage when I see trees that need to be cut. At least the rocks that are moved by strength STAY moved in their little holes, but noooooooo.

fire woven

Erif Nevow, my RP name
    Years
  • Add: Even more plot, that extends to after the Pokemon league, and does not require gym badges to continue, and I would like to see a dual region again, something I loved about HG/SS.

Edit: The really lazy names, I mean Boldore, really? I thought Timburr was clever, and Girdurr is nto too bad, but there are alot of lazy names.

Remove: like nothing, not too many major problems

Secret bases sort of exist in the dream world

Back