• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Add/Edit/Remove?

Alternative

f i r e f l y .
    Years
    As you either have or haven't played the game, you must have at least heard of some of the amazing things that they've put into the game, and then maybe some of the not so fantastic things they've put into the game. Your job here is that you're in charge of making the game better, but you only have three choices to make, and you have to make them. Simply put...

What would you add, edit and remove the the game: Pokémon Black/White?

Add: Secret Bases. They were amazing in 3rd generation, and somewhat enjoyable in D/P/Pt. I think with the enhanced Wifi capabilities they're using for these games that it would be a great addition for the wifi world, not to mention fun, with setting traps everywhere and whatnot. :D

Edit: This one I'm not too sure on, but maybe Tepig, or at least it's evolutions' typing. Sure I love Tepig and all, but for christ's sake (no offense to christians) it's another fire/fighting type Pokemon! I wouldn't care if it were a pure fire type, but not another Fire/Fighting type at the least.

Remove: Rotation battles. I see no point in them, and that they're only for Wifi? I mean what is a rotation battle? You rotate your Pokemon around so you know when to fight? I just don't see the point in such blasphemy and it's a dumb idea.

Discuss.

One more thing:
    "Remember, the pros/cons of the games go in the pros and cons thread." - Forever

Last edited:

Chiar

Years
    • Seen May 5, 2014
    Add: VS Seeker. *cries* I loved it. Why have they removed it? I'll be OK even without level gain of trainers.
    Edit: I don't know if it counts, but number of Ice-types. Is it hard to just add around 6-7 Pokemon in the game?
    We only got Cubchoo family, Cryogonal, Vanillite family and Kyurem...
    Remove: Pokemon Musicals. They're annoying and useless. *Misses Pokéathlon*

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    Add: Rematches of the gym leaders and random NPC trainers. Very disappointed that you can't do that. I understand that they would want to keep some of these features for a third game... but come on, with a generation that is all about originality, they could have added at least this to the games and thought up of more interesting and new features for the third game.

Edit: Not too sure about this one either. At first I would have agreed on the removal of Tepig's Fighting type, but I've grown quite use to it now and I can't say it bothers me too much. Maybe edit the other two starters so that they also have secondary typings? Kind of odd that they don't.

Remove: Nothing really. All the features that are in the game are either needed or interesting enough to keep. :P

blue

gucci
    Years
    Add: VS Seeker! ~ Although, the Tabunne factor is good :)
    Edit: Some Pokémon designs!
    Remove: .... ..... Don't know!

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    Add: VS Seeker! I can't imagine life without you :(

Edit: Pokabu's evo's typing -__-

Remove: Nothing, nothing needs removal I think.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Add: Nothing. Everything that was removed was done so for a reason. Most obvious one, not enough people liked it.

Edit: Nothing. There isn't anything wrong with anything in the game.

Remove: Nothing. Again. Nothing wrong with anything.

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    As much hate as Emboar get's, he's the most useful starter with the widest movepool.

Snivy's line get's only Grass, Poison, and Normal attacks via level up, and only Normal and Grass do damage.
    Oshawott only get's Normal, Bug, Water, Fighting attacks via level up.
    Tepig only get's Normal, Fighting, Fire, Poison, Dark, and Rock via level up

Add-VS seeker
    Edit-Animations for pokemon not using their HGSS sprites (the ones from gen 1-2)
    Remove-Nothing

Years
    I can't think of anything that really bothers me that I would want removed, but I wish these games could have included the pokemon following your character like in HG/SS. That was a big hit with people. Rematches with gym leaders is also an obvious feature the games could have had since they're sort of expected now and do add something more to the games.

Erufuun

apple bunny lover <3
    Years
    Add: POKEMON FOLLOWING YOU AGAIN. ;; What was cuter than that?! It was wonderful in HG/SS, I was so disappointed when they removed it. :(
    Edit: Starter typings. May sound like a very old complaint, but still. Do not like the Fire/Fighting again, It should of been Oshawott's family with the extra fighting typing. And Snivy should have been given a secondary type, Dragon would have been awesome!
    Remove: I agree, nothing is really that bad enough to remove. :3 Everything seems fine as it is~

metalflygon08

BIG PECKS
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2016
    I can't think of anything that really bothers me that I would want removed, but I wish these games could have included the pokemon following your character like in HG/SS. That was a big hit with people. Rematches with gym leaders is also an obvious feature the games could have had but they're sort of expected in the 3rd game now and do add something more to the games.

fixed, everygame set with rematches adds gym rematches to the 3rd game, it's not standard, only HGSS added them becuase there would be no 3rd game.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    Add- Gym rematches ;--; I have said why many times now... And I would have also liked a bit more surf!

Edit- Crimigans body. So. Out. Of. Proportion.

Remove- ...... Nothing I guess ^.^

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I'd add rematches with trainers via the Vs Seeker and gym leaders too personally for obvious reasons - it takes out some of the fun, having that gone imo. Even GSC/HGSS had a rematch system via the phone - why not B/W? On top of that I do miss the Pokemon Following You feature - I quite enjoyed that and I was a bit disappointed to see that left out.

Along with that - adding in more side stuff like the Safari Zone and the Game Corner, or something as cool as the Pokeathlon/contests even!

Editing... typing has already been mentioned so I won't beat that horse. I would edit the fact that the game played out pretty linearly though - it felt too much of a case of 'go to this town, beat that gym, go to the next town...' with little other choice besides exploring around or in which town you could take on. Also the way some battles could have been double battles but were instead single could have been changed - too often you'd encounter a moment in which two (or more) people take you on (particularly when Plasma were concerned)... and they take you on one at a time.

Removing? Musicals in favour of something better - it was really a pretty lame add-on. After the first time it doesn't offer much imho.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Add: Pokeathlon and Vs. Seeker. I miss them already, and the latter is a good way to grind. The former is more fun.

Edit: The evolutionary levels of some Pokemon.

Remove: Pokemon Musicals. The Pokeathlon was so much better.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Add: Gym leader rematches, Luvdisc to actually have had an evolution...
    Edit: the Sprites they can be better graphically
    Remove:...nothing really...

TehPsychicTypeMaster

"I See Greatness In You..."
    Years
    Add: Vs. Seeker. I missed it in HG/SS, and in B/W. It was so helpful in level griding.

Edit: Starter's secondary typings.

Remove: Rotational Battles. I just don't see the point of them.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    Add: Follow me feature<3
    Edit: Rematch system...right now there is none. :(
    Remove: Musicals. D;

Years
    Add: more dive spots, I loved diving in 3rd Gen!

Edit: The Starters, Serpior should be Grass/Psychic, Samurott should've been Water/Fighting, Emboar should've been Fire/Dark (plus a redesign), and make the desert more challenging

Remove: Genosect, I hate it! >:O

Rawrinism

Shandera'd
    Years
    Judging by the fact I've seen most spoilers, I would say to add in an option to purchase new clothing for your character. Such as department stores that sells shoes, pants, hats, etc. Plus ways to edit your facial features; such as eyes, mouth, etc. I think that they should edit is to tweak the gym leader's number of Pokemon. I mean 3 Pokemon for an eighth gym leader?! I would ask them to remove nothing. :p

Back