• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] Advance map won't open!

Years
  • I recently got Advance map, and i cannot open it, my computor doesn't give me an error message or anything... i just quits loading it right after i double click it. do i need to urn it under a different version of windows?

Danno

Formerly Meowth, AKA InnerMobius
    Years
  • I recently got Advance map, and i cannot open it, my computor doesn't give me an error message or anything... i just quits loading it right after i double click it. do i need to urn it under a different version of windows?

What version of Windows are you running? I'm running Windows 8.0 and I have to use AdvanceMap 1.92 because the newer versions quit out like how you're describing.

smeargler

Smeargle Extraordinaire
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2014
    What version of Windows are you running? I'm running Windows 8.0 and I have to use AdvanceMap 1.92 because the newer versions quit out like how you're describing.

Yeah I was about to say try a different version of Advance Map.

Years
  • I'm running windows 7, that's all i know, sorry, i'm not too tech savvy, but i know my way around.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2016
    I'm running Windows 10, and AdvanceMap won't open for me. I've tried several different versions and I've been looking for solutions for about 4 hours now. I'd really appreciate some help :/

pokedude9

Creator (with Diego) of AME and ASE
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2017
    Actually that shouldn't be the issue, but maybe you should install the .NET 3.0 and 3.5 framework? You can either download them or activate them under "enable or disable windows features".

cep

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2021
    Same here, working on Windows 7 x64.
    Advancemap 1.92 or 1.95 is launched, the icon appear on the taskbar but it won't show up.
    I do have Net Framework 3.5 installed.

Edit : I just tested all versions of AdvanceMap, only 1.40 opens and is glitched as hell.
    Awaiting for this Awesome Map Editor to come out :D

ReEdit : Found the problem (after 3 month) multiple diplays glitch the app on launch. Simple as that.

Last edited:
    Back