• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Adventures in Kansas City: Day 1 - Introduction to the Midwest

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
  • I've been waiting for this day to come. The day where I would finally break the computer screens between myself, and with my pair Buoysel and meet up irl! Honestly, we've waited so long for this. And you should ask him how I reacted when I saw him for the first time...it was kinda emotional. xD

My 1 hour, 30 or so minute flight from Houston to Kansas City was smooth at first, but got pretty turbulent at the end. Scary in a way, but it was also pretty fun. I was also running on very little sleep primarily due to excitement. Even though I took a painkiller last night at around midnight or so, it did knocked me out, but I woke up only a couple hours later before actually planning to leave (6:00 am was my planned leaving time because you know...traffic and shit). I woke up at around 4:30 or so to get final things ready to go.

I arrived to Kansas City with a sense of "omg wow this place looks pretty cool". I called/texted Buoysie, and it turned out he was coming from behind me. I came up to him and gave him a GIGANTIC HUG. Honestly, emotions were running high for me. I just couldn't believe it. <3 I finally met my pair.

First thing done? He took me to this AMAZING BBQ place (Kansas City is very well known for superly awesome BBQ, and I just HAVE to try it before I leave!). We both ended up ordering a "Z-Man" Sandwich, which was made of BBQ-ed brisket, provolone cheese, and lots...and lots of BBQ sauce. I added some extra sauce that was pretty spicy. I kept adding, and adding and adding...until I felt the burn in my mouth (and as of this paragraph I still feel a little burn. lolol).

I even got a tour of Kansas City, downtown and most important places around. I will admit he is a pretty good tour guide even though he says he's terrible. He's not. Haha.

Unfortunately, he had to go to work later on. So, we spent some time at the mall, loitered around Hot Topic and Radio Shack (surprised there's one still open), and bought some ice cream. Then we went to his place and chilled for a bit. I even got to meet his doggy, Delilah. She is the most sweetest, most friendliest doggy I have ever met. And right now, as I'm writing this, she is laying down right next to me. She is super adorable I can't even right now.

Right now, I'm missing him already! Trying to keep him company via text, like we usually do pretty much every day. It's fine though, my weekend here is just getting started. Just...gotta make this last <3

I need to nap, actually! Delilah here is also napping, and I should too. I'm running on a couple hours of sleep, so better take this opportunity to do so. :)

pics of my kansas city trip will be posted very soon.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm totally fangirling here hahaha. I'm so happy for you two omg!! I'M GONNA CRY HELP ME MEGAN.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    So happy for you two!

And now I have to go to Kansas City for their BBQ! That sandwich sounds amazing!

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
    Years
  • Astinus;bt102415 said:
    So happy for you two!

And now I have to go to Kansas City for their BBQ! That sandwich sounds amazing!

Here in Kansas City, we like to think we have the best BBQ in the country... and that's because we do!

Tek

Years
  • The Z-man is pure bliss. Hit me up next time y'all kick it in KC. We'll hit the bars, or the parks lol. Plenty of shenanigans to be had around here.

Back