• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advertising PM

Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2007
    Hi, I've just recived this PM from the member JALO. No posts, just a PM.

Hi;

I'm from Poké-Center. I have been watching your forums stats and their pretty impressive =). Were making a RPG for Pokémon. The rpg is like the GBA ones but build out of PHP/MY SQL. We need a member like you to join are board: ________________. When your their please make a topic intorducing your self =). If you need to play somthing please visit: _________ . We hope you can join =). Please come. If you can design please tell me xD. :). If you can post a lot, try the mod application you might get a mod job =). I'm a big f.

So what do you think the mods/smods/admins can do about it? They just joined to advertise.

Years
    Simply report the member to an S-mod or higher. Advertising via PM is a warnable offence and can even issue said member with a ban if he's been persistant. But considering there have been complaints from people being advertised a forum called 'Poké-Center', I'm presuming it's an already banned member evading just to do the same thing he was banned for, or another member of that forum is apparently doing the same thing.

As said, just simply report the PM to any of the higher staff members and they'll take care of the issue.

Last edited:

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
    I've talked to one of the other admins of that forum, and he promised that he would tell this guy to stop sending the PMs. I guess that didn't work too well. >>

But like it has been said, just tell one of the higher staff and we usually go ahead and issue a ban if the user has 0 posts and we get multiple reports of PM spamming.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    It doesn't even matter whether you joined or not, so as long as it doesn't affect PC negatively.

Shiharu, he did mention how he received the PM, similar to other posts in this thread..XD

Years
    Heh, my mistake. :p

Indeed, just as long as your reason for joining doesn't revolve around bringing up the issue of advertisements via PM on PC, then you're welcome to join it. Otherwise it's not really something we'd recommend.

Candelyce

~Like a flower in the wind~
    Years
    -:Buro-kun Tsubasa:- said:
    Hi, I've just recived this PM from the member JALO. No posts, just a PM.

Hi;

I'm from Poké-Center. I have been watching your forums stats and their pretty impressive =). Were making a RPG for Pokémon. The rpg is like the GBA ones but build out of PHP/MY SQL. We need a member like you to join are board: ________________. When your their please make a topic intorducing your self =). If you need to play somthing please visit: _________ . We hope you can join =). Please come. If you can design please tell me xD. :). If you can post a lot, try the mod application you might get a mod job =). I'm a big f.

So what do you think the mods/smods/admins can do about it? They just joined to advertise.
    You know what? It's a troll, just making accounts to round up people for the RP, forward it to Erica (Demyx), she took care of the last two sent me a PM about RPs.

Angle-san

Don't Worry Little One
    Years
    • Age 38
    • Seen Oct 20, 2007
    even i wish that user would stop because it gives Poke-center a bad rep as spammers which it's not
    i just wish they could just do it in their sigs like me >_>

and i'm sorry for who ever keeps doing this

Back