• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Aerodynamics.

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
    Wellll, I'm sure a few of us have already read the theory about how Isshu has a huge connection to the sky, etc. but has anyone noticed how suited for flight Reshiram and Zekrom are? Reshiram could stretch himself out, his tail would act as a jet engine of sorts, and that... Thing between his legs could be like a rudder. Zekrom doesn't look quite as aerodynamic, but those wings, things on his hands and that tail say otherwise. Is Gen V going to relate to the sky more than we think?
    What does PC think?

Last edited:

myrrh25

New account soon.
    Years
    You sir are a genious.
    We might see our player travelling to the sky for the first time outside of a spin-off, if you're correct. :P

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Woh, seeing things like this is...like a dream becoming true :D
    That'd be awesome if, indeed, we could fly and FIGHT Flying pokemons in the sky ;D
    Hope you're right !

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Wellll, I'm sure a few of us have already read the theory about how Isshu has a huge connection to the sky, etc. but has anyone noticed how suited for flight Reshiram and Zekrom are? Reshiram could stretch himself out, his tail would act as a jet engine of sorts, and that... Thing between his legs could be like a rudder. Zekrom doesn't look quite as aerodynamic, but those wings, things on his hands and that tail say otherwise. Is Gen V going to relate to the sky more than we think?
    What does PC think?

Hiun city already has a sky theme going on, so the plot will have something to do with the sky.

sblunix

ポケモン トレーナー
    Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2010
    Sweet, I'm excited for Pokemon Black... While watching the Huin vid I did notice that Pokemon can't walk with us anymore... Although it's completely unrelated... What are your thoughts on that?

MistahDude

Primate Pokemon Master
    Years
    Sweet, I'm excited for Pokemon Black... While watching the Huin vid I did notice that Pokemon can't walk with us anymore... Although it's completely unrelated... What are your thoughts on that?

Why would they show pokemon walking with you when we only know 7 of them...

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    Heard this theory before, and it may be true but really I'm just gonna wait till the games come out in Japan to figure out the relation of Zekrom and Reshima's tails to the Isshu region.

dooxer

42 or not 42
    Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2013
    new HM: Ascend. lets you go off cliffs or into new regions. Like a dive, maybe, but upwards.
    Who is ready for exploring clouds?

Manganum

Your local sine wave
    Years
    Well, I wasn't trying to bring up the "control your Flying Pokemon" thing when I started this topic. I was really just saying that maybe the plot is much more related to the sky than Nintendo is letting on.

Years
    They don't have to be all that aerodynamic to fly.

Aerodynamics.
    Aerodynamics.

Hiun city already has a sky theme going on, so the plot will have something to do with the sky.

And names for cities and structures don't necessarily have deeper meaning. Seattle, for instance, has the Space Needle and it doesn't have anything to do with space. It's just tall.

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    new HM: Ascend. lets you go off cliffs or into new regions. Like a dive, maybe, but upwards.
    Who is ready for exploring clouds?
    I really doubt this, though the concept is cool, with this HM you would be able to fly of the maps wouldn't you?

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    Seattle, for instance, has the Space Needle and it doesn't have anything to do with space. It's just tall.
    >Space Needle
    >nothing to do with space

Er, I'm willing to bet it's called the Space Needle solely because it's a needle pointing space-wards.
    How is that nothing to do with space?

Years
    >Space Needle
    >nothing to do with space

Er, I'm willing to bet it's called the Space Needle solely because it's a needle pointing space-wards.
    How is that nothing to do with space?
    But all tall buildings do that.

I'm just saying that there isn't necessarily anything telling about the names. The whole sky theme thing could just be because the city has skyscrapers.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    It's weird, everything about Hiun City and Sky Arrow Bridge, and even the legendary Pokemons names are sky related but it is surrounded by sea :/

Arma

The Hyena
    Years
    It's weird, everything about Hiun City and Sky Arrow Bridge, and even the legendary Pokemons names are sky related but it is surrounded by sea :/

I bet it'd be too unrealistic to put the entire region on a cliff,plateau so that it would surrounded by "air". Every continent and island on earth is also surrounded with water, in case ya didn't realise:p

Back