• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Affirmative Action

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
  • What I meant to say is the send invitations out or to attend to the college then they get pell grants. Everyone of them are living in free housing. You don't believe me go to DeKalb, Illinois. Go to Kishwaukee Community College. It's in Malta, Illinois exactly 6 miles from west DeKalb. What the college does is sends out invitations to minorities in St. Lous, Chicago, Milwawukee, and every other major city within a 200 or so mile radius of the school. The crime in DeKalb is slim to none when college isn't in session. But when the minorities get there it's "GANG AFFILIATED". There's gangs all over the town, I mean everywhere. You name it. Vice Lords, Chicago Dicsiplces, Latin Kings, Black Mafia, Bloods, Folks, they're all there. They don't live in the area but they do when college is in session.

What they do is lace lace they're weed with PCP and sell it to students in the dorms and sometimes at the college. The main dorms that have the problems are University Plaza. Look up the reviews. There's cops up there 24/7 and theyr'es always gunshots. The PCP laced weed the students smoke then end up in the hospital and most of the time they're white. But if your "black" you get legit weed and called a "G" or a "DOG". The crime goes up like crazy when they get down here. They fail college and come back the next semester. Don't believe me? Apply to Kishwaukee College for yourself and find out. Until then don't say I'm wrong cos I live in the ****ing area.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Idk what your trying to say. Sounds like to me your once again disagreeing with me even tho I know I'm 110% right. No wonder I got a problem with you. You want people to back up they're answers and I did. What happens? You don't agree with it for some odd reason.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    It's a saying reserved for people that try to pass off "I experienced this so it must be the norm and what happens in every place ever and all studies on the subject must be wrong" as a legitimate argument. Racism is still alive and well in the world, it's been proven over and over. Until racism is nonexistent, actions to counter the racism inherent in a great amount of people are necessary. No amount of "my school sucks" will remove that fact.

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • Idk what your trying to say. Sounds like to me your once again disagreeing with me even tho I know I'm 110% right. No wonder I got a problem with you. You want people to back up they're answers and I did. What happens? You don't agree with it for some odd reason.

She is trying to say that just because in one university in one city something wrong happens, that doesn't mean that said wrong behaviour is commonplace everywhere else.

Just because everybody in your city is small does't mean that everybody else in the US is. Might be, but you can't tell unless you check the height of every citizen in every city in the country, not just yours.

PD: Minorities might get more grants than regular WASPs, not because the Government loves them to pieces and hates the common folks, but maybe, just maybe, because they tend to be poorer and in more need of help?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Yes I'm aware that racism still exists in this world and it always will. I was trying to explain the argument you and Brock were having with minorities in colleges. That's just what the colleges do down here, even if it's corrupt. But, hey that's the way it is.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    No, that's just what the schools in your particular area do, and it has nothing to do with affirmative action as a whole.

I am going to reiterate to you that pell grants have nothing to do with race, since I didn't address that last time. That's a fact.

Grant amounts are dependent on: the student's expected family contribution (EFC) (see below); the cost of attendance (as determined by the institution); the student's enrollment status (full-time or part-time); and whether the student attends for a full academic year or less.
    Source

In addition, if you're going to point fingers at your school, and all these people are getting Pell Grants, it's very likely that the free housing is also based on their poverty, and not their race. Do you have any evidence to the contrary?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
    Years
  • Other than University Plaza is 90% african american, and the other housing which look like projects are nothing but african american. The rest of the dorms and apts are mixed. Those areas have the most crimes too. Mostly robbery, shootings, GTA, assault, and drug dealings.

I know what a pell grant is you don't need to tell me. It has nothing to do with poverty down here. The gangs are ****in filthy rich. They're driving around Mercades, Escalades, Cadillacs, etc. But they don't got a job so when they submit they're yearly earining to the govt. they got little to nothing. Wanna know how they got so much cash? Drug deals and hustling. They're still abusing the welfare system and making bank. This goes for all of the cities. New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Detroit, Chicago, Houston, Miami, St. Louis, Kansas City, Oklahoma City, etc. Not the colleges are all like that but the welfare with minorites is like that. I'm sure you see minorities driving around 100g cars and they're poor. They're not, they're hustling on the streets and in a gang and abusing the welfare system. That's just how this country is, and the govt. don't realize they're getting robbed. Not all minorities are like that tho, not even close but it's huge in the city.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • PD: Minorities might get more grants than regular WASPs, not because the Government loves them to pieces and hates the common folks, but maybe, just maybe, because they tend to be poorer and in more need of help?

But.. isnt that generalizing and discriminating in itself? Isnt it looked at on a case by case basis... or at least ... should be?

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
  • But.. isnt that generalizing and discriminating in itself? Isnt it looked at on a case by case basis... or at least ... should be?

Obviously, it's looked on a case-by-case basis, meaning a regular WASP has the same chances of getting the same grant if their economical conditions are the same. But, since the amount of black people is disproportionally larger than that of regular whites, it's easier for you to find a black person getting said help. Not because they are somehow favoured, but because more of them meet the "be poor" requirement.

If black people were richer, or just were part of the middle class in the same proportion as whites, they'd get less of those grants. Not becausse they'd stop being black, but because they'd stop being poor.

Back