• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

After a long time, a namless man makes himself known

Mr_Esquire

Creator of the Total Eclipse
Years
  • Hello there, PokéCommunity, how shall I start this introduction? I have lurked for a while before deciding to make an account for a game I decided to work on, after I made it I eventually went inactive before becoming active to begin with. Years pass and then I decide to get working on the game again, I lurked for a while longer looking for help on things I may have wanted to add. And finally, I decide to sweep the dust off this account and get it used.

On to some information about me, I live in (the "BFE" area of) Ohio, currently in my last year of High School with a job at a place called Holmes Lumber. I have joined Cub Scouts when I was in the 4th grade after one of my friends kept trying to get me to join the year before. I moved on to Boy Scouts a couple years later, I had many great (and not so great) experiences while in it. My last year I was able to go to summer camp as a scout, at a campground called Seven Ranges, I was tapped out (Along with a couple others from my troop) to be in a group called Order of the Arrow (abbreviated as OA), OA is basically the "Honors Society" of Boy Scouts. About a month later, I was able to get things done and get my Eagle Scout rank, which is the top of the ladder.

Jumping back over to my school life, I was an honor roll student in middle school, and I was placed in CP (Collage Prep) classes for math, English, and science my freshman year and have a total of three years of German(they got rid of that class for this year, but keep two spanish classes). My sophomore year, i dropped to Merit roll because the math teacher we had in that class didn't really teach it good, your grade most likely dropped if you missed a day or two, and one test most of the class had a low C and below (I was one of the many). And that carried through into next year, which I made merit roll again (blaming the way that math teacher taught last year) because of pre-calc. This year, first quarter gone and I managed to get a 4.0 on my grade card, hoping I can keep that going through the rest of the year. And as a note, I would say Boy Scouts saved me a couple of times by giving me a topic to write about or relate things to.

And finally, a few more of my interests. I listen mainly to rock an metal music, though I do listen to other types here and there (but none of that country and rap crap). I currently play games mostly on computer. I probably have or have had a slight addiction to Pokémon, seeing as the games I own or have owned are (in order of generation) Pokemon Red, Gold, Silver, (Not sure about Crystal) Ruby, Sapphire (First Pokémon game I got, and I had over 100 hours on it if I remember correctly. Managed to lose that game along with my GBA_SP around that time), Emerald, Platinum (Missed Heart Gold/Soul Silver), Black, White (Didn't really play it much as of current), White2, (Missed X and Y) bought a 3DS from a friend to help him out, it came with some games downloaded on it, PokéBank, and Omega Ruby (as a game cart). I do have a nice sized collection of Pokémon cards, my two favorite ones (probably worth some $$) are a Shining Kabutops, (Really regret having it shuffled in a deck, I messed up a corner or two and some sides) and a Shelgon card, except this one was a card they had under the window in the tin's lid, and one that they put some rough overlay on it. What makes me like this one is that the overlay on wrong, the print on it seems to be shifted over a bit (I.E. The water type symbol is shifted out of the blue bubble and there is an extra faint image of Shelgon in the artwork), might get a pic of it eventually to give an image to the description. (I hope it's legit and not some fake). I have a Pokémon game being baked in the oven and cooking on the grill being made with RPG maker XP, it's current title is being "Dark Eclipse" and I plan on taking a different route with the story line, more details on it will be coming out later, thinking about giving a release in a week or two. Hoping I can get some good feedback/ constructive criticism on it about what you liked/didn't like, the story, etc.

Phew, that was a long intro, questions, comments, want to chat? You can post here, on my page, send me a Skype, use the name in the parenthesis,(mr.x67788) I will show as "I R B TEH SMRAT", and please add in some way of telling me who you are (pref your username on this site) and so I don't ignore you, I will most likely reply in a timely manner, unless I forget. And I'm wishing there is a way to change the display name (unless I'm missing it).

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • Hiya, glad to meet you! I'm glad that after lurking you've decided to join us; I'm Dragon, and it's a pleasure to meet you! I'm glad that you will be working on your game again; you'll find all of the resources that you will need here, and I wish you good fortunes on that!

I haven't really joined a scout club myself when I was younger; I've only joined an environmental club, and the tech club where we fix VCRs and stuff. But yeah, it's really cool that you've gotten great achievements there! Being the top of the ladder is a great feat; well done! <33

Pokemon, I own every game except pokemon Red, and the other pokeon games for gameboy I gave to my cousins. Anywho, you probably know this but anytime you want to jump right in a pokemon related discussion, you're free to do so! We also have a really nice TCG section if you wanna show off your collection there too! There are a to of things you can do here, so, it's all up to your preference!

It's been great getting to know you! I think you're really cool; I do hope you and I will become great friends! Feel free to contact me anytime you wanna chat too, or if you have any questions or concerns about the forums! For now, see you later, and have a great stay on PC! Have an amazing weekend too. C:

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2016
    Hi! Great that you've joined PC now. Hope everything with your game goes well. I'm personally rubbish and ROM hacking but there are lots of people who are really good and who would be able to help you.
    Wow you've really achieved a lot in and out of school (unlike me lol). I'm not sure about the american system but isnt 4.0 like the highest you can get? Anyway congrats I'm sure you'll be able to keep it up. Looks like you've managed to keep up with pokemon over the years. Really great to see another long time fan.
    As Dragon mentioned the TCG section here is really great and I'm sure you'll fit in.
    So nice to meet you I hope to see you around. Feel free to ask for any help needed.

Mr_Esquire

Creator of the Total Eclipse
    Years
  • Hey peeps, checking back in this thread, thanks for the replies you three. To answer Artemis, yes, in the American system 4.0 is the highest you can get on grade point average. I tend to jump around a bit here and there on things so some parts probably could have used a bit of work but meh, it's probably large enough.

Kaiyu

Has officially quit PC
    Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2016
    That was a long intro lol. Anyway hello there and nice to meet you. Hope you enjoy your time here. See you around.

Back