• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ahh throw the tv out the window. Worst anime thread.

rockman0

I still claim Luxray!
Years
  • Bo x7. I hated that anime. I used to feel that way about Outlaw Star and Gundam Wing, but for some reason, those are two of my favorites now.

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
  • Everyone anyone has ever liked, ever. That's because my tastes are so elite that there is nothing good enough to satisfy them, therefore everything I see is terrible and I feel obligated to tell everyone else that the stuff that they like is bad. No, but seriously, there are anime I didn't like, but I will never say something was bad. Relevant.

I don't like most action stuff unless there's a good underlying story, or it's really cool (cool as in Hellsing or Outlaw Star level cool).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2023
    I could never bring myself to enjoy Bleach, personally, I'm not going to say it was terrible since I know a lot of people will disagree with me and say how much they love it. I don't know, there's just something about it that I can't stand. =/

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • English dub of PPGZ..

Uhg
    The voices suck, the names all changedall the music sucks, and the characterization is way off

AND SHOCKINGLY, THIS WASN'T 4KIDS' DUB.

TJgamer

A Pokémon Poet
    Years
    • Seen Oct 13, 2021
    That's a good question.
    In my opinion, anime is both good and bad, depending on the show itself.
    Some anime, mostly ones that aim towards younger audience, are pretty good.
    Yet I have seen ones that go for more mature viewers.....they are rather disgraceful to me, such as heavily exaggerating expressions (especially passion).

Answering your question, I don't really watch much anime. Although I have seen garbage such as Ultimate Girls and other names I cannot recall (there are so many, yet with so many tricky names). That show is humorous in a way, but...honestly.....I don't appreciate it.....at all.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Umm . . . it'd have to be Hametsu no Mars (Mars of Destruction), hands down. It's a 20-minute OVA. There is no backstory, no explanation, no character development, shoddy animation, awful voice acting, terrible soundtrack, and nothing even vaguely resembling a plot. There seems to be some sort of romantic element, but I really can't tell because it's so messed up.

And it doesn't even have any fanservice to compensate for it. D:

Star-Lord

withdrawl .
    Years
  • Umm . . . it'd have to be Hametsu no Mars (Mars of Destruction), hands down. It's a 20-minute OVA. There is no backstory, no explanation, no character development, shoddy animation, awful voice acting, terrible soundtrack, and nothing even vaguely resembling a plot. There seems to be some sort of romantic element, but I really can't tell because it's so messed up.

And it doesn't even have any fanservice to compensate for it. D:

To be fair, it was based off a game iirc. So people who it was targeted for were supposed to know the plot.

It still one of the worse things I have ever seen in my life though. Just save yourself twenty valuable minutes and don't watch it.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
  • Clannad

/brick'd so much; I actually spent $80 on the DVDs so I wouldn't have to watch them online

I'd have to say Naruto. TOO. MANY. DARN. FILLERS.

Plus Witch Hunter Robin, I guess. And I'm not too keen on Code Geass, though I should probably watch a few more episodes before making my final decision.

Oh, and Furuba/Fruits Basket. It's just not my thing anymore.

jmadude

Keybledar43
    Years
  • Can't believe I made the thread and didn't put my own opinion here.
    In my opinion Dragon Ball GT is one of the worst animes ever made, I could tolerate Dragon Ball, and Dragon Ball Z but GT was just straight up stupid. The english voices sucked and for some reason the main character got turned into a kid in hopes of getting more ratings, I just think that GT killed the series.

helix

tea-binger.
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Princess Princess. I couldn't make it past two episodes before I wanted to chuck the DVD out the window (not the television) for its sheer, pointless inanity. It felt like the product of third of the effort any anime studio should put into actually making a show..

Finnel

Years
  • Code Geass
    Lucky Star
    Gundam 00
    <Insert any "slice of life" moe anime from the last two years>

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
  • Lucky Star... I wanted to kill everyone in the first 20 seconds. Voices are sooo annoying, and plot was booring. Yeah... not my forte

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Ah. Fushigi Yugi. Worst. Anime. EVER. There's more but I can't be bothered to remember. I might list out more though.

Omg, I love Fushigi Yuugi. XD ..but.. I'm sure if I was watching it for the first time nowdays, my opinion might be different, since it's so freaking old now.

Anyhoo..

Lucky Star.

That's the first one that pops into my head..
    because it makes me want to kick puppies, and throw a chair out the window whenever someone makes me watch any of it.

Back