• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Alakazam or Gardevoir???

which is better... Alakazam or Gardevoir???

• Alakazam

Votes: 15 42.9%
  • Gardevoir

Votes: 20 57.1%

• Total voters

El Gofre

I'm Back.
Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    They do different jobs. Alakazam is a kick-ass special sweeper, gardevoir is more of a tank. It depends on what your team needs- speed or bulk.

Gazza

Heaven-Piercer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 25, 2016
    i agree but personally i would use alakazam my fave psi pokemon

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • I perfer Gardevoir because, I just like the beauty of that pokemon and I like how it can hold some strong moves too.

Vyro

Master Douchelord
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2014
    Gardevoir. she can take more damage, so my other pokemon does not take too much.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    hey i've got a new question...
    if you are in a 2v2 battle...
    what pokemon do you prefer to team up w/ another pokemon....is it alakazam or gardevoir??

Again, it depends on the team. What would the other partner be?

Oh, and people suggesting their favorites does not constitute as advice :|

Glitter Stain

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2011
    Alakazam in the 3rd Gen is just awesome. Kadabra is even good before evolving, which can't really be said about Kirlia.

Saltare.

Brain bangin'
    Years
  • I perfer Gardevoir over any psychic pokemon.

It is an awsome pokemon and it is good for beating trainers, gyms and the E4. Ask my bro, beaten E4 27 times with:

Ralts
    Kirlia
    Gardevoir
    Gallade
    Uxie
    Latias

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    I voted for Alakazam, but Gardevoir is stat wise stronger.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2009
    Gardevoir and Alakazam serve two different purposes. Gardevoir is usually used as a Special Tank that ruins physical sweepers with Will O Wisp and provides overall team support.

Alakazam is a glass cannon who is used to rip through teams with it's insane Special Attack. However, it falls to nearly any neautral physical attack.

I prefer Zam since there are better Will O Wispers and tanks, but not many can match Zam's Special Attack stat (which is the highest in the entire metagame, barring ubers)

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2009
    if you want ahh super speedy special sweeper i think alakazam is the one you are looking for but a gardevoir has a Dreameater and Hypnosis so if you want a tank sweeper gardevoir then choose gardevoir

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2008
    if you wanna raise a pokemon that will take time but it is really good i would say gardevoir
    but if you want a speedy pokemon that is sort of easy to raise that can learn some good moves alakazam is for
    i have an alakazam in ever game i have

PB.

'PB
    Years
    • Seen Mar 2, 2011
    Gardevoir, it has better moves (in my opion), it can learn some great TMs, and alakazam is kinda ugly o.0

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I have found Gardeivor to be more useful in alot of situations personally, but Alakazam can also be very useful so it really depends on you.

Back