• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alex's Shining Spoilers (help appreciated)

icycatelf

Alex
Years
  • I'm planning to make a new mini set of Gym-style cards featuring some of my favorite Shining Pokémon that I actually own in the games.

I figure things will go faster if I have spoilers ready. I'm not especially creative when coming up with effects, nor have I ever been a competitive player of the TCG so I'm not good at coming up with combos. Any help is appreciated! Keep in mind that only one of each of these cards would be allowed in a deck (the Shining clause) and that Shining Pokémon require Energy not of their type.

Here's what I've got so far:

Spoiler:

EDIT: Added Energy costs if that makes things easier, but feel free to change them.

EDIT 2: List updated.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just gonna do a quick skim-over for balance issues and era flavor of Shining Cloyster since it's at the top of the list. Will probably drop by with some suggestions for the other cards as time allows.

Spoiler:

Aqua Missle could probably do without the discard penalty and still fit the flavor and feel of both a Cloyster and a Shining card for the Neo era as well as match the era's balance.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
  • Just gonna do a quick skim-over for balance issues and era flavor of Shining Cloyster since it's at the top of the list. Will probably drop by with some suggestions for the other cards as time allows.

I've actually dropped Cloyster from the list now and decreased the total number of Pokémon (since I'm letting other people join the set). Added a bunch of attacks, too. Any suggestions are appreciated!

I would've updated the post a couple days ago, but I had forgotten my password and was too lazy to do a retrieval. I figured the thread was just going to shrivel up and die anyway, as this section isn't very active.

Back