• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Aliens: Discussion

Project.

Tarot reading;
Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    This is a Discussion about Aliens.

What are your thoughts on aliens? Do they exist? Do they not? If they do exist, do you believe they are close? Far away? Primitive or Intelligent?

I believe in aliens. I believe that they are within 100 light years of the Sol System. When I look up at the stars at night, I just get that feeling that something is out there looking back, no matter how far away.

There has been many speculation on artifacts that could possibly be alien-related, well, in my opinion. As if they had visited us in the past.

Stonehenge
    Tikal
    Sand Circles in the Desert Somewhere (forgot)
    Easter Island
    "Atlantis"
    Religion.
    Plenty of others.
    (I have more information on why I said these things, just ask).

However, I do not think we will meet alien life in the next 100 or 200 years. Our space-travel technology is underdeveloped, and we will not be able to travel to another star in the near future. Possibly never. But perhaps aliens may visit us again.

Anyway, give me your thoughts. Do you believe there's something out there? I think there is. We're one star of one galaxy of millions of galaxies. There has to be at least one. One, where cells have evolved into a detectable source of life. Anywhere.

I don't believe in the Drake Equation however. Google it. It's just random numbers compiled in.

Years
  • The evidence is there, people just have to be willing to look from a different, objective perspective.

I think it naive to assume there isn't any other sentient life other than our own. It's there, we just need to find it first.

Here's an interesting picture.
    11htdvt.jpg

Yes that's a helicopter, and a flying saucerish ship on a 4,000 year old Egyptian hieroglyph. Four thousand years old.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    Yes. This stuff is amazing...

Here's another interesting fact.

The city of Tikal matches up a DSO in the Constellation Taurus (Deep Sky Object). But funny as it should seem, the extremely old city of Tikal happens to be designed just like a landform on Mars that was discovered then then 20 years ago. And all of this other stuff. from all around the world.
    worldwide-pointers+to+orion.jpg

Why were humans so interested in astronomy in the first place? There's millions of other things you can focus on.

And in the Bible, (Forgot the book and stuff), there was a story about a man who was brought up into Heaven by a strange flying machine and he taught them about mankind and their race.

Maybe everyone's not being practical enough.

Why did a lot of nations seem to build Pyramids? The Pyramids in Giza. The ones in Aztec and Mayan cultures. Why are they all pyramids with subtle different designs?

A Mayan chief/king was buried. On his coffin was a picture, a strange picture, it showed him descending into the underworld. But if you turn it to the side, it looks like as if he's riding a flying machine.

And why did the Mayans just "disappear" Without a trace? Seems a bit ironic when you put Aliens next to it.

Why did all of the nations recognize the Same stars, but just gave them different names?

For example, Greece saw Ursa Major as Ursa Major. But the Native Americans saw the same stars, used those exact same stars, and gave it a different name. And that goes for almost all of the constellations. And Corvus. Arabs saw it as a tent, Greece saw it has a crow. There's too many similarities from things that don't even know they're there.

Easter Islands is unique. How did "heads" be placed on an island? these things weigh a ton. And at that time they must of been placed, humans were too primitive to create those, lug them over on a boat, take them, and implant them in the ground. It just doesn't make sense.

And I believe some ruins somewhere in the Eastern Hemisphere. They were ruins of this extremely hard material, (forgot what it was), and could only be carved and broken by diamond. But there is tiny tiny tiny little incisions and holes that allowed the blocks to be placed so closs together. How could such a primitive time of americans use Diamond to carve such subtle features? How could they get diamond chisels in the first place? And then, they're ruins. Diamond, or something more powerful had to rip through it all. Because it looked like the place was ravaged. (lasers!!!!) xD

When History Looks at it, they see it as an Amazement of the human race. When people with brains look at it, They see Unlikely fullfillments that had to of had some help to achieve. its just not possible.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
    Years
  • Think about religion/God in the simplest sense.

A being, not of this earth, descending from the heavens (aka the sky) and being worshiped as God.

Sounds like an Alien to me.

And those pyramids, the ones at Chichen-Izta, Tikal, Giza, etc, all align perfectly with other star systems, like the belt in the Orion constellation. So does Stonehenge. All this focus on the stars, would suggest something important came from them.

You're referring to the Sarcophagus of Pacal the great, the Mayan emperor who is shown riding a space shuttle-like vehicle on the lid of his sarcophagus.

Years
    • Seen Oct 16, 2017
    all the rumors about people spotting aliens are false. alien is based on a mythology that "non humans" arrived on earth. there is no real evidence that realistically support this theory.

o0PinkSquid0o

Squidtacular
    Years
  • all the rumors about people spotting aliens are false. alien is based on a mythology that "non humans" arrived on earth. there is no real evidence that realistically support this theory.

There isn't real evidence against the theory too. You can't just shove it aside and say my point doesn't matter.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    all the rumors about people spotting aliens are false. alien is based on a mythology that "non humans" arrived on earth. there is no real evidence that realistically support this theory.

But there is no real evidence that means that it does not.

These mysterious monuments have no factual meaning yet, but we're assuming what could possibly be the most logical explanation in my eyes.

Years
  • all the rumors about people spotting aliens are false. alien is based on a mythology that "non humans" arrived on earth. there is no real evidence that realistically support this theory.

The evidence is there. People just need to be willing to change their perspective and look for it.

Here's another interesting picture.
    Ancientastronauts.jpg

Pre-Etruscan paintings in Italy. Notice the see-through, bubble shaped helmets.

Melody

Banned
    Years
  • Aliens definitely exist. <3

There's no proof that they don't exist, and while what evidence we do have is tenuous at best not all of that evidence can be properly explained away. UFO stories, certain structures, and many more things mysteriously point to the same constellation in the sky continuously. We see crop circles, some of which are indeed hoaxes, but some have yet to have been explained...especially ancient reports of them.

Much more documents, reports, accounts, artifacts and evidence does exist that remains unexplained, much of which is buried deeply in obscurity in the hopes that no one will question it. One merely has to look to see that it's a 'secret' fact. :3

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
  • Aliens exist. It's extremely ignorant to say they don't, to think we are the only life on the trillions of planets around billions of stars. Mathematcally, aliens exist. Theoretically, they exist. There are even places in our own solar system where live is actually very probably to exist (i.e. Titan, Europa, below the Martian surface)

All those are most likely microbial, but still life.

The only debatable aspect of aliens is if they're visiting us. I have no opinion on it, as there is no way for me to possibly know. Do I think people are seeing unexplainable things in the sky? Of course. But just like you can't say it's just a normal plane, you can't say they're aliens either, because they're unexplainable. It's possible though that Aliens are visiting us and we do notice them at times.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    I agree. They may be visiting us right now and we have to knowledge, not even the ability to detect them.

Because perhaps they are totally different from us. They evolved differently. They discovered different things. Maybe they don't have an Electromagnetic Spectrum, or just a Cool Alien Spectrum.

We'd have to expand our views quite a lot to realize is they are or not.

Stratos99

Banned
    Years
  • I believe in aliens. I believe that they are within 100 light years of the Sol System. When I look up at the stars at night, I just get that feeling that something is out there looking back, no matter how far away.
    How informational! I don't have a strong believe in alien existence as it is portrayed in the media, but I can dig a rock some 500 million light years away supporting micro bacterial life. Though the universe being the size it is, many scientists have speculated the chances of life being out there is particularly high, and that they could in fact be intelligent. The excuse was that the universe is comparable to infinity in the human mind, therefore the possibilities are endless. That's easily argued though, if the possibilities are endless then who's to say we aren't the only life as of yet? Sounds very much like a possibility to me!

Years
  • How informational! I don't have a strong believe in alien existence as it is portrayed in the media, but I can dig a rock some 500 million light years away supporting micro bacterial life. Though the universe being the size it is, many scientists have speculated the chances of life being out there is particularly high, and that they could in fact be intelligent. The excuse was that the universe is comparable to infinity in the human mind, therefore the possibilities are endless. That's easily argued though, if the possibilities are endless then who's to say we aren't the only life as of yet? Sounds very much like a possibility to me!

Exactly. There are millions of other Galaxies, each with millions of other Stars, each having millions more planets. The odds are astronomically in our favor (LOL) that we have neighbors somewhere in this universe.

Project.

Tarot reading;
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Nov 5, 2010
    The idea that living life as we know it requires Water, almost seems like a myth to me. Animals have adapted. So aliens on other life may of never had water, so they adapted to another chemical, but that's not saying they needed water in the first place. So its just a matter of rarity. How many planets contain alien life? We don't know.

Scientists are basing alien discovery around Earth's conditions. They need to expand their spectrum because they are not, on Earth.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Like some people said already, there is evidence and there are lifeforms out there. There are still many unanswered questions, like in the Amazon, when the pyramids were built there, they said they got help from something up in the sky. Could that be an alien? And same with Egypt, it was impossible for us to re-create the pyramids in the time it took for them to build it, even with our technology.

Jolene

Your huckleberry friend
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Apr 18, 2024
    Yes I think aliens exist it seems obvious when you think about how big the universe is but I don't believe in any of the theories about aliens building the pyramids or Atlantis or things like that.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Yes I think aliens exist it seems obvious when you think about how big the universe is but I don't believe in any of the theories about aliens building the pyramids or Atlantis or things like that.
    Think about it, how did the Egyptians build it in a small amount of time then? :o

And Atlantis is a fairy tale o.o

Back