• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All-Instrument Patch (FireRed, Ruby, Emerald)

Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen yesterday
    Some instruments like trumpets aren't getting played. For example I downloaded Rocks theme from Naruto, and some of the instruments like the trumpets aren't getting played. You can download Rocks Midi file here http://www.midishrine.com/index.php?id=143

I'm not sure why this is happening. I was able to get some soundtracks to work that didn't use trumpets like Go Go Naruto and Oorochimaru theme

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Apr 26, 2024
    Is it safe to apply the patch to a clean Emerald ROM and copy−paste the bytes to a different memory address (like 0xE70000)? Or are there too many things to repoint?

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Hey guys, I fixed the problems the patch was having with the drum table and cymbals...at least for FireRed.

Here was the original patch

Here it is with the aligned drum table but no cymbals

And here is the fixed patch with aligned drum table and cymbals samples.

Link to the fixed patch (FireRed ONLY): https://www.dropbox.com/s/mnelz7z43jm99a0/All Instrument Patch FireRed (FIXED).ips?dl=0

I had only just noticed the Pokemon Platinum Battle Hall theme replaces Game Corner +3. Would that happen to be example used in the dead video links or is it unrelated? It's very nice so I'd like to credit whoever was responsible for the midi. Was it your composition or did you get it from somewhere?

BlankPoints

Dumb Apples
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 3, 2023
    I had only just noticed the Pokemon Platinum Battle Hall theme replaces Game Corner +3. Would that happen to be example used in the dead video links or is it unrelated? It's very nice so I'd like to credit whoever was responsible for the midi. Was it your composition or did you get it from somewhere?

Hey dude, that composition was one I did for testing purpose (in the videos). I left it in because who wants Game Corner +3......(a joke😅). It's fine in terms of credits.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • Hey dude, that composition was one I did for testing purpose (in the videos). I left it in because who wants Game Corner +3......(a joke😅). It's fine in terms of credits.

Thanks for clarifying! I used it in a project in progress so I'll be sure to credit you.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Sep 6, 2023
    The game crashes when I add this patch for the Ash Gray game. If you have any information or suggestions, it would be great. Good luck with your spirit.

Back