• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All Pokeball Sprites in Gen4 style

Years
  • Good day/evening to you, fellow fan-devs!

I develop my fangame on the PSDK starter kit, and I quickly noticed the limited animations for the Pokéballs, in particular that it lacked 10 (whose the 7 apricorns).
    So I decided to improve all that and share the fruit of my work.

I started from the free rip of redblueyellow from Pokémon Diamond / Pearl then I created additional frames by hand to increase the animation quality.

All Pokéball Spritesheet:
    Spoiler:

Each frame is in a square of 64 pixels, which offers 32 frames for each Pokéball (so a spritesheet of 64×2048 for each):
    • 4 frames for the throw (here is the idle frame: the fourth)
    • 11 frames for the initial catch (aspiration phase)
    • 5 frames for the shakes (with the central button lit!)
    • 7 frames for the breaking (catch failure)
    • 5 frames for the successful catch

As the ball has a diameter of 14 pixels, it allowed me to animate the balls with particles inspired from DPP.

This video shows some of. Each Pokéball has 32 frames of 64x64px with particles effect.

Download ZIP with separates Spritesheet (one for each ball)

From left to right, there is:
    1- Poké Ball
    2- Great Ball
    3- Ultra Ball
    4- Master Ball
    5- Premier Ball
    6- Cherish Ball
    7- Luxury Ball
    8- Nest Ball
    9- Net Ball
    10- Dive Ball
    11- Repeat Ball
    12- Timer Ball
    13- Safari Ball
    14- Quick Ball
    15- Dusk Ball
    16- Heal Ball
    17- Beast Ball
    18- GS Ball
    19- Fast Ball
    20- Lure Ball
    21- Level Ball
    22- Heavy Ball
    23- Love Ball
    24- Friend Ball
    25- Moon Ball
    26- Park Ball
    27- Sport Ball
    28- Dream Ball

Last edited:

RavN

Ravn
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2021
    Haha, Amras extend his work. I say it again, very good job!

etique

etique
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2022
    put in the pictures folder? only that?

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thank RavN :)

For starter kit other than PSDK, I do not master the scripts. So the display of the sprites will be coded by you. (And of course placed in the right folder.)
    According to the spritesheet for Elite Battle System, the number of frames differs for each stage of the throw. (10 frames for the bell trajectory and 7 for the shakes, but only 1 frame for the opening which is the same for the release.) This will require some adaptations if the spritesheet is used without touching the script.

If you want the original file with all the layers to improve or adapt for your own fangames, here they are.
    PDN file (Paint.NET)
    PSD file (Photoshop)
    You will have each sprite of Pokemon without the particles. (I know that EBS adds the particles separately)

It was shared on Deviantart under CC-BY license.

Back