• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

All time favorite starters

What is your Favorite Starter?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

femtrooper

Starfleet Commander
Years
  • Hmmmm, probably Bulbasaur...just because he was my first starter and he's one of the original 151!!! =)

Years
  • Kanto: Squirtle (even though Ivysaur is my favorite 1st generation Pokemon :P)
    Johto: Chikorita, but Totodile comes closely after it. :3
    Hoenn: Torchic hands down. T^T
    Sinnoh: (Ugh, these starters SUCKED) ...Chimchar, I guess. =/
    Unova: Tepig <3

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Dec 23, 2010
    Favorite Starter? Well, I always go with water-types, so it has to be Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Mijimaru. But there's only gotta be one and I choose, Mijimaru. <3;

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2012
    Charmander is my favorite starter because it evolves into Charizard, and my other favorite would have to be Torchic because back in generation 3 the fire fighting type combo was much cooler.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
  • All time favorite starters

Treeko says hello :]

I have a thing for the grass-starters, espically this one. When you have a grass-starter, for some reason it makes the game a little bit more challenging (which I love). And it evolves into Sceptile; The coolest grass-type with a watermelon for a belly pokemon that also learns leafblade; the coolest grass-type move in da entire worldz lol.

Grovyle42(Griff8416)

No. 1 Grovyle Fan
    Years
    • Seen Apr 11, 2023
    Treecko, Grovyle and Sceptile, definately.

Runner ups are Charmander, Charmeleon, Squirtle, Blastoise, Snivy, Janovi and etc.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • My favorite all time starter is turtwig because he evolves into torterra and torterra is my 2nd favorite pokemon.

Years
  • Charmander
    This little guy caught my eye since the very beginning. It's cute and I like the flame on it's tail. Also, Charizard is awesome because of it's similar to a dragon (I like dragons)

Years
    • Seen Dec 29, 2010
    Charmander is just a boss. All evo stages of him/her are just as good.

Garet

GhostFire
    Years
  • Hm...let's see, somewhat because of appearance:

Kanto: Charmander and it's evolutions
    Johto: ...I'm leaning toward Cyndaquil, but I haven't really played 2nd gen.
    Hoenn: Definitely Torchic and its evolutions
    Sinnoh: Piplup and its evolutions

I guess the Fire-type is one of my favorite types, but I probably chose Piplup as my Sinnoh starter in the game because...appearance, maybe? Plus, when I figured out that Empoleon had only three weaknesses, that was kinda a bonus.

PkMnLegend

-Legend-
    Years
  • Squirtle FOR THA WINN! Porbably Bcz its a Water Type pokemon and thats my specialty and second bcz it evolves into BLASTOISE! ;D

MEGAS

Bestow5000 from YouTube
    Years
  • Kanto: Charizard
    Johto: Thyplosion
    Hoenn: Blaziken (My most fav! :P)
    Sinnoh: Empoleon
    Isshu: Jalorda

Back