• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen all you need is love...

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • ok i have used the soothe bell i have not let them faint, i have sent them into battles and leveled them up and if i want to fill my pokedex they have to evolve yet they wont

i am of course talking about gettting umbreon/espeon/togetic etc

do any people have any method of promoting friendship with pokemon in order to level them up quickly, im talking 1 level more

i did get a crobat in R/S but im not sure why i cant get these

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I'm pretty sure Umbreon and Espeon won't be able to evolve in FRLG, so you'll have to trade the Eevees back to RS and evolve them there (remember, happiness resets upon trading). But some people say Eevee can still randomly evolve into Umbreon or Espeon in FRLG depending on IV values and stuff. I'm not sure how that works though.

You can also take them to Daisy back in Pallet Town and let her groom your Pokemon. After they're groomed, she can also check how happy your lead Pokemon is. Just talk to her again.

And if you got Eevee and Togepi using cheats, you'll need the National Dex before they'll evolve.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    give your pokemon stat upping vitamins, like calcium and iron, they like it when you do that.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • I believe they do need some form of time to evolve. Although it doesn't the time doesn't determine what Pokemon they evolve into (that's on Gender, Nature and Individual Values), it does make sure that the Pokemon evolve alltogether. So... you're going to have to trade it to RuSa. :/

As for Togepi... you did get it legitimately right?

Years
  • I evolved my pichu in sapphire by giving him the exp. share and battling the elites, he evolved in like 10 levels though. So I dunna if you wanna do it like that.

Aaryn

I Want a DS!!!
    Years
  • you do, on island 6. in the aquamaze thing before altering cave i think.

Well keep them happy and they do evolve in FR/LG but when you get National DEx and randomly.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • ok sorry i forgot to tell you im trying to get them evolved on my R/S i traded all my pokemon over

so any help please

Mundane

walking alone
    Years
  • --Ok, here it goes. --

Chancy, after searching for approximately two hours, twenty minutes, and seventeen seconds, has been obtained. No lucky egg, and i dont want to search anymore.

Trained it from level 26 i believe, to 44.

Gave it calcium, and protein. Never let it faint. Im not sure if it helps,
    but i only used soda, lemonade, and water to heal her.

Now, fully happy chancy, "-" doesn't evolve. Quote..
    "..?"
    it doesn't evolve, why? i dont know. thats why i'm asking. Maybe its lucky egg?
    '-' somone please, help this sad, whithering away child. thank you

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • cranium didn't want Chansey evolution tips.

If you traded them over, it should be even easier for Esp/Umbreon at least. Give them loads of vitamins. That's the best - and most expensive - way of making Pokemon happy. If you're using it only ingame - then the sky's the limit, but if you're using it in competitive battling, then you should place them wearily as not to screw up your EVs. Abou 10-15 vitamins should do... then all you have to so is level up and voila ^_^

Mundane

walking alone
    Years
  • Well, now.
    As I see, this is a thread about techniques on evolving these certain types:
    Umbreon,Espeon, Togetic etc.
    CHANCY IS CONSIDERED etc
    I cannot believe, how rude you would be to just say to hell with him.

Now, if you don't mind..
    Answer my question, if you please.
    I am in need of an answer, now. Do your job as fellow PC members and
    help me. Thank you.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2004
    Mundane: You probably don't have the National Dex then, I tried to trade my Onix holding Metal Coat to my friend who didn't have National, and it also said "..?", but then he traded it back to me and I had the National, and it evolved.

cranium: Give it the Soothe Bell, keep it in the lead position, never let it faint, give it vitamins, and groom it. Here are the steps of what Daisy says about your friendship, this isn't exact words, just an outline:

1. It doesn't know you that well.
    2. It's warming up to you. Trust me be growing between you.
    3. It is friendly with you, keep at it.
    4. It is very happy. I wish *insert Rival's name* could see this.
    5. It couldn't possiby love you more. <-----This is when it will evolve when it gains a level.

I suggest flying to Saffron, going through Celadon, down Cycling Road, through Fuchsia, to the beginning of Route 114 where the twins are, then to Pallet Town, she'll groom it, then do the same thing, because you have to take a certain amount of steps before she will groom again. That's how I got a Crobat. To evolve Eevee, when it is at the highest friendship level, check the clock in your R/S game. If you trade the Eevee, it will evolve when you trade it according if it is AM (Espeon) or PM (Umbreon).

And you get the Togepi egg on Five Island in the Northwest through the Water Labyrinth from an Old Man.

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • Mundane said:
    Well, now.
    As I see, this is a thread about techniques on evolving these certain types:
    Umbreon,Espeon, Togetic etc.
    CHANCY IS CONSIDERED etc
    I cannot believe, how rude you would be to just say to hell with him.

Now, if you don't mind..
    Answer my question, if you please.
    I am in need of an answer, now. Do your job as fellow PC members and
    help me. Thank you.

actually no this thread was just about me ^^
    lol but who cares if you and me get helped i was joking
    this thread i hope helps lots pf people
    but this wasnt a general discussion im trying to complete my pokedex

Years
  • for my shiny goldbat is evolved to crobat at lvl 51! 1 lvl after the silly battle tower would let it! anyways i got it to evolve using sooth bell, and it didnt evolve whenever i lvled until lvl 50, i used a bunch of calcium, iron, etc. and lvled it once, it evolved into the pink shiny crobat i have today! so make sure u give it shell bell, check happiness, and also give vitamins. i remember in c/g/s evee evolved while i was walking, but i think for fr/lg/r/s it has to lvl up after making it happy to evolve

deathbyalice

Linden
    Years
  • You have to send your eevees to R/S, but Togepi and Golbat will evolve in FR/LG. I know because I have Togetic already! Hope this helps!

cranium

Lv 100 Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • i need a blissey - umbreon - togetic - espeon
    i gave them lots of vitamins and soothe bell and levelled them up
    and nothing.......
    i can only level them up on sapphire (dont ask)
    but its really annoying me now

so should i just keep levelling up and hope for the best?

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Yeah. I suppose so. There should be someone in RS that tells you how much your Pokemon love you. I think she's somewhere in Slaeport but I'm not too sure. I might be thinking of the EV Ribbon lady...

Back