• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Spoiler:

...So, we've got these popular "phrases" named memes, catchphrases that spread from person to person largely through Internet-based email, blogs, forums, Internet-based social networking sites and Internet-based instant messaging.
    Some examples include: leave Britney* alone, tl;dr , all your base* are belong to us, longcat, rickroll, The Game(which, BTW, I've just lost...), keyboard cat, O RLY, facepalm, headdesk, This is Sparta*...
    * means that this word is variable.

Do you use them? Do you like when others use them as well? Or do you find them annoying?

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
    Years
    Having been exposed to the Internet since I was five *proceeds to point at my current age*, I've picked up quite a bit of Internet lexicon and incorporated it into my day-to-day speech, at the risk of sounding incredibly nerdy around my peers. :P

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I only use them if I know the joke I'll be making is funny. Because, I hate when people try to be funny, and just aren't. I hate it even more when I fail to be funny, because then I just look like an idiot.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    ^well said I complely agree here.

Anyway I hardly us any because I just don't. Some were hilarious when they first started but now they are so overused that its just dreadful and annoying eg I HERD U LIEK MUDKIPZ D:

Paper Ghost

[torn to shreds]
    Years
    The only real time I'd use them is online (because like I posted one other time, when someone uses them IRL I want to slap them) just for the sake of being rude in a funny way. :/ lol jerk

Years
    I don't use many Internet meme things in real life nor online. In fact, I still don't know which ones are the hot ones these days. I do have a habit of finding memes that were once popular and I'm only just starting to find them.

Waki Tobaye

Now known as City Checkpoint.
    Years
    Spoiler:

I love internet memes, maybe a bit too much. However, I'll only talk about them IRL with my friends who actually know about them.
    Yeah, almost none of my friends even know what a meme is D:
    Weegee rules man xD

And I just... had to post this:
    ALL YOUR BASE ARE BELONG TO US.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I use them online, or in real life, if the situation allows.

They're not something I use all the time, and when I do, I make sure the person I say them to will get the joke, or find it funny. ~

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    Some are funny, some aren't. Either way, there'll all overused. I used to use /facepalm a lot, now I only really rely on lol to get me through the day.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Meme threads generally go in the Internet forum, so moving it there~

I used to use memes sometimes but no one in my circle ever understood them because I was the only one who visited 4chan at the time. :( Then they got really annoying because the general populous of PC would latch onto them like 2 years after they died out elsewhere on the net and I just try to avoid them altogether now. ~_~

I use tl;dr regularly as an adjective. It's very descriptive when it comes to the internet so it's entered my general vocabulary (online, at any rate). Dunno if I'd really count it as a meme though.

mr. ck

कुछ मीठा हो जाये
    Years
    Ughh Internet Memes... I use them A LOT in common speech, even though, no body understands a thing...

But they get extremely irritating when they get old -_-

I feel like hitting people hard when they do those "All your bases are belong to us." jokes. Yes it was funny, I had a laugh, but dude get over it, it's OLD.

dead-man-walking

Alive and well
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Memes are fer teh lulz. You can't be too serious with them, but you can't hate them altogether because they are now an integral part of teh interwaebz. In short: One does not simply escape the meme.

Now, before I leave:
    This thread is just a setback.

Heart's Soul

Hey, look, I was gone.
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 20, 2020

IT'S A WEEGEE TIME, BABY!!!

This is a great meme. Honestly, Weegee and Mallio were failures.

Years
    Although I do liek mudkipz, haters gonna hate and I just have to deal with it. Sure, while I'm on the internet, I usually have my trollface on, but it's okay because longcat is long and all your base are belong to Weegee.

tl;dr: Yes, I love memes.

Back