• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Almost as new as it gets!

Years
    Howdy folks, I'm Fish. Or here, I guess I'll end up getting called something like "Effective" or "IWVE".

Long story short: I wasn't allowed to play video games as a kid. But now I'm an autonomous adult with MONEY and I can buy and play all the GOSH DARN vidjer gayms I want.

I was into the Pokemon anime as a kid so I'm not totally n00by (what year is it? do people still say n00b?), but I first laid my hands on the game in 2014 with a friend's discarded copy of Black. As such, I have very fierce feelings about Unova in particular. It all started with a Tepig named Beans.

Now, after a gap, I've got X, Y, Black, Black 2, and Yellow as of this last month.

As we all know, there comes a point where you can't really play all by your onesies. So here I am! Thanks for having me!

jappo

[b]Thank you for being you![/b]
    Years
    Howdy folks, I'm Fish. Or here, I guess I'll end up getting called something like "Effective" or "IWVE".

Long story short: I wasn't allowed to play video games as a kid. But now I'm an autonomous adult with MONEY and I can buy and play all the GOSH DARN vidjer gayms I want.

I was into the Pokemon anime as a kid so I'm not totally n00by (what year is it? do people still say n00b?), but I first laid my hands on the game in 2014 with a friend's discarded copy of Black. As such, I have very fierce feelings about Unova in particular. It all started with a Tepig named Beans.

Now, after a gap, I've got X, Y, Black, Black 2, and Yellow as of this last month.

As we all know, there comes a point where you can't really play all by your onesies. So here I am! Thanks for having me!

Heya Fish! Welcome to PC! Good for you that you sticked with you desire to play video games, cause video games are pretty awesome ;). As oppose to the general opinion, I actually like Gen 5 A lot! Might even be shared first place on my favourtie generation alongside generation 2 (Gold,Silver,Crystal). My first starter there was an Oshawott named Frank. Good to see you have enough games to play for this month! I can recommend HeartGold/SoulSilver, cause it gives you the most content of any Pokémon game, especialy if you have never played Gold/Silver.

What are other favourite pokémons besides Tepig for you?
    Be sure to send a message if you ever want to chat, and I hope you enjoy yourself here! :)

lol, the word 'noob' takes me back to 2006 when I was still actively playing Neopets. That was probably the most popular word online back then. =p It's lovely to have you Fish, welcome to PC ~

I loooove Unova too. <3 It really is an amazing region and I'll give you brownie points for liking it, swear it's more underrated than it should be. Your Pokémon game collection's pretty good for someone who got into the games in 2014. Any plans to get ORAS in the future and are you excited for Sun & Moon?

Anyways, have a great time! If you need help you can always let the staff know!

Years
    :D y'all are friendly! I'm so accustomed to one-liners on forums, I think I'm gonna like this place

Other memorable 'mons... I seem to fall for the ones that aren't SUPER popular, which is nice because they're easier to find. Jynx, Gloom, Sygilyph, Trubbish, Vanillite, Litwick/Chandeleure, Golett/Golurk, Espurr (lil creep).

Scraggy and Munchlax/Snorlax are my favorite, I have a female Snorlax named Princess right now who is my treasure. I bred like... 124 eggs, all males. Got my copy of Y (first was X) and the freakin' Route 7 Snorlax was female!!! Honestly out of all the goals a person could possibly have, a perfect shiny female Snorlax may be something different that I consider my end goal.

My wife has AR and Heart Gold, on your advice I'll probably follow suit when she decides it's time to jump into that. That's our "couple" thing right now, tandem Pokemon playing. Romantic, eh? Livin' the dream. Last night after I posted here we actually considered doing a starter/babymon themed nursery for when we have littles.

Funny you say that, Sheep, I probably last heard that word before I cashed out of neopets.

BUT RIGHT???? Why all the Unova hate??? It's such a neato region with really nice areas and I think the dex for that region is really interesting and well-rounded! Gurrdurr and its ilk can die in a fire but that's about it! Honestly as far as getting into Pokemon late, I have literally bought a copy of black to hand out to a friend like "start here". It was exceptionally helpful, to me, that the dex offering is region-pure until endgame, I get confused easily so I liked that the other gen Pokemon didn't get added til I was ready.

On the note of my collection: all of these were bought between two purchases this last month. I played black, didn't have time or money for two years, and then this last month went totally pokenuts. Maximum Pokedrive.

Very very hype for Sun and Moon, as such. It'll be my first time playing on release and getting to experience it in one big communal worldwide wave. Wife gets Sun, I get Moon. Honestly I'm dying to see what the preorder bonuses are.

Sorry about the novel, lots of little questions! Very happy to be here, thank y'all so much!

Back