• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola Sequel Predictions!

smocks

fiat lux
Years
  • IF Alola gets a sequel, what do you think it'll be about?

Some Questions:
    From SM heavily referring to Kanto, do you think we'll have access to Kanto? Why or why not?
    Do you think the plot will be about the Ultra Beasts again?
    Do you think it'll be similar to BW2 where it takes place in the future or be like Platinum which it's just edited?
    Your opinion on an Alola Sequel?
    Would you play the Sequel? Why or why not?
    What would GF include more of? (Ex. Alola forms, Z-Moves, Ultra-Beasts) Why?

Years
  • I would love an Alola sequel tbh, I really enjoyed Sun and Moon and would love to see some of its characters return. In terms of content, I think we'd see a changed Alola region, maybe entirely new islands or some big changes to the ones present in SM. Unfortunately, I don't think we'd go back to Kanto, visiting previous regions doesn't seem to happen anymore sadly :(

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I am sure the heavy Kanto-based are again, because of what they themselves have stated in interviews, that they're in to bring older generation players back, hopefully.

I am more of that they will include travelling to Sinnoh, hopefully, since it's not at all impossible, especially with as much hinting of Sinnoh when they didn't need to (As per Kanto's intention).

They've also stated the possibility of more Alolan forms.
    Also Necrozma need more backstories.
    And Marshadow.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • Either Sun and Moon will have a sequel or nothing at all. Pokemon Stars would make sense given the theme but since Zyguard is the 3rd Legend in this one it seems and no other Legend was introduced. I think we are going to start seeing the digression of the Pokemon Franchise

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I think it will take place a couple of years following the events of Sun & Moon just like how B2W2 did. I'm hoping that's enough time for Lillie to take on the Kanto league, return to Alola and have another huge storyline involvement back in Alola. I'd also predict that being a sequel, those empty building spaces will be replaced with Gyms as a proper league gets set up following the construction of the Elite Four at the end of Sun & Moon.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I think it will take place a couple of years following the events of Sun & Moon just like how B2W2 did. I'm hoping that's enough time for Lillie to take on the Kanto league, return to Alola and have another huge storyline involvement back in Alola. I'd also predict that being a sequel, those empty building spaces will be replaced with Gyms as a proper league gets set up following the construction of the Elite Four at the end of Sun & Moon.

This +1

I would also like to see Lusamine be a supporting character instead of the antagonist.
    Also Mina being a Gym Leader/Elite 4 would be great, since all we got from her was a few post-game battles.

Edit: Just saw your avatar, looks like we're both fans. lol

rawcomrade91

Check out my reviews at SwitchJoy.net
    Years
  • I think it will take place a couple of years following the events of Sun & Moon just like how B2W2 did. I'm hoping that's enough time for Lillie to take on the Kanto league, return to Alola and have another huge storyline involvement back in Alola. I'd also predict that being a sequel, those empty building spaces will be replaced with Gyms as a proper league gets set up following the construction of the Elite Four at the end of Sun & Moon.

This +1

I would also like to see Lusamine be a supporting character instead of the antagonist.
    Also Mina being a Gym Leader/Elite 4 would be great, since all we got from her was a few post-game battles.

Edit: Just saw your avatar, looks like we're both fans. lol

I love all of this. I think that's definitely the direction they should take should sequels exist.

Do I think this is what they'll actually do? I don't know...Nintendo is rather unpredictable, but I do think the Stars Switch rumors have some credibility. I think the BW/B2W2 thing for Gen 5 was a one-off idea that I personally don't think they'll revisit. I think it makes more sense to make the third Stars game on Switch, make it look absolutely gorgeous, and maybe add in a few story and gameplay tweaks like they did with Platinum as compared to Diamond and Pearl.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    not really a prediction, but an idea for a story for a Sun/Moon sequel:

It's some time after Sun/Moon (like let's say 1-5 years). The new player character is a new trial goer. Not far into the game (like maybe after clearing the first trial), the Ultra Beasts invade Alola again, except this time the invasion is massive. The combined forces of the Elite 4, trial captains, island guardians, Interpol, and whoever else happens to fight against them (like Guzma and Hau or something) are struggling to keep them at bay. Sometime thereafter, the player encounters an Ultra Beast and fights it off. Gladion witnesses the battle, and is reminded of his friend, the previous player character. Feeling that he can trust the player, he gives them the last Type Null that was kept in stasis and a few Beast Balls, asking them to help fight against the Ultra Beast invasion--he and the Aether Foundation have their hands too full coordinating rescue efforts, damage control, taking care of the injured, researching the UBs, etc, to directly combat them, and the previous player character has inexplicably vanished, and so humanity is without their most powerful weapon against the beasts (Alola's Champion and Solgaleo/Lunala).

Trials could be fit into the narrative as a way for the player to get stronger and become BFFs with Null so they can save Alola from the UBs. There could be a 3rd stage for the Type Null line introduced in the hypothetical sequel (basically they have a bronze-silver-gold theme going, but we don't have the gold part right now, just the bronze (Null) and silver (Silvally), not to mention it's based off of Arceus and Arceus's shiny is golden colored). The Ultra Beasts could finally have the backstory/lore they should've gotten in Sun/Moon, and they could introduce new UBs too (and have all of them in the game, no version exclusives this time). Could even squeeze Necrozma in there maybe (just not as the cover legendary, let's try a story this time that doesn't involve a climax that involves catching a legendary).

Single game, not as a pair. No villain team this time either.

/random thoughts

Back