• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Alolan Map-Off!

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
Years
  • ALOLA! We all love the new Alolan variants! Well, we love some a lot and some..hmm not so much. But here, we have an Alolan variant that is bound to excite you! It's a Map-off! However, it's not gonna be just any Map-off, but an Alolan Map-off!

Hmm...but why an Alolan Map-off? Other than the fact that it is this GT?s Theme, what else could probably lead us to choose this as the Map-off theme as well? Well Alola as a region is themed very beautifully, with the Hawaiian inspired atmosphere that's full of deep blue Seas, lush green forests, beaches as far as the eye can see, all located in a singular tropical wonderland. We figured one can make beautiful maps using such a theme. And so here we are in an Alolan Map-off.

Now what do you need to keep in mind when you participate in this event?

The task is essentially:
    An extension of the Alola region and therefore in the style of Alola
    It can be:
    • A route, or a town, or a forest, or anything. As long as it fits the Alolan theme. Make your map any size you want!
    • Using a tileset style from Gen 1-5!
    • Created via the software of your choosing!
    These maps would be judged by a panel of judges.
    The maps will be judged on the basis of:
    • Layout
    • Complexity
    • Setting (how "true" to Alola it is)
    • Accuracy (tile errors etc)
    • In-game perspective
    • Playability
    The Winners would be awarded Z-crystal points that would go to their individual teams.
    So if you think you have what it takes to make an Alolatastic map, then reply on this thread that you want to participate and we would then reply back with instructions on how to submit your map entries.
    Only one map per user!

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
    Years
  • Bumping this, cuz I feel like I am ready to go with this event, also
    wanted to know about the points distributions systems, will you guys be allocation the points earned by the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place or I can decide that?

also thank you for letting me do this :)

Years
  • Bumping this, cuz I feel like I am ready to go with this event, also
    wanted to know about the points distributions systems, will you guys be allocation the points earned by the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place or I can decide that?

also thank you for letting me do this :)

Each event will be assigned a Z-Crystal during the coming days with each Z-Crystal being worth a different number of points. Only the overall winner who gets first place will earn a Z-Crystal.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
    Years
  • Each event will be assigned a Z-Crystal during the coming days with each Z-Crystal being worth a different number of points. Only the overall winner who gets first place will earn a Z-Crystal.
    Allright.
    but I would like to stress on the fact that an event such as this one, would be much better if there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place holder, they could be awarded the points in that order that will be decided by the mods managing the GT, like yourself.

Just do give this kind of ranking system a thought, otherwise in the end it's you guy's decision.

Years
  • Allright.
    but I would like to stress on the fact that an event such as this one, would be much better if there will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place holder, they could be awarded the points in that order that will be decided by the mods managing the GT, like yourself.

Just do give this kind of ranking system a thought, otherwise in the end it's you guy's decision.

You can still have a second and third place, it's just that only first will gain points for their team.

Years
  • Allright.

Just updating what pie said... Originally we wanted to give points only to the 1st place to avoid mess with points (something that happened last year), but after seeing a lot of people wanting to have more that one place awarded, we decided to change it so 3 places will get points.

ASDBUDDY

The Derp
    Years
  • Just updating what pie said... Originally we wanted to give points only to the 1st place to avoid mess with points (something that happened last year), but after seeing a lot of people wanting to have more that one place awarded, we decided to change it so 3 places will get points.

Thank you so much for understanding, and once again thank you for letting me host his event in this GT.

and Hopes to make this the best one yet :)

Back