• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Alola's Royal Family

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
  • The description for Alolan Meowth reads that it was "bred by the royal family of Alola"

Do you think we will meet the royal family, or are they a thing of the past? If they're still around do you think they'll play a role in the story?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • The description for Alolan Meowth reads that it was "bred by the royal family of Alola"

Do you think we will meet the royal family, or are they a thing of the past? If they're still around do you think they'll play a role in the story?

They might still exist. Kalos' royalty still existed, so it's not like the monarchy's status is dependent on their real life counterparts.

It would be interesting if Guzma was related to the monarchy and uses Alola Meowth/Persian.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 9, 2019
    The official website says "The once-rare Alolan Meowth became feral when the monarchy was destroyed, and they have now become regular Pokémon, seen as commonly in the Alola region as elsewhere."

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • I don't know if we're going to meet any descendants, but I guess there'll still remain some monuments from that era which we can visit!

Years
  • I'm in the same boat as Angie - they will likely have no direct influence on the plot, or they won't even appear in the game.

sCam

Killing is a pleasure
    Years
    • ny
    • Seen Dec 18, 2016
    Hmm..they "bred" the meowth.. inb4 the royal family is the daycare place xD

Hmm..idk maybe they're still alive. I'm going with that. Don't think they'll have anything to do with the story though.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Lots of the new Pokémon have very flavorful "backgrounds," with details such as Yungoos not being native to Alola, and Pyukumuku always staying in its favorite spot even if it means starving. But I doubt that will have any impact on any sort of narrative--I doubt it will even affect how these Pokémon are found, despite being a great set-up for it--and I feel the same will apply here. Why would Meowth's lore be the one to have an impact on the plot, out of all these colorful backstories? You'd almost have to include the party that dismantled their royalty out of necessity, but who would that be?

Also, the idea of Guzma being one of this royal family's descendants reminds me too much of gen 6, where Lysandre was the descendant of AZ's brother. I'd personally prefer if they shied away from that.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Eh. They can very well possibly exist, but I really doubt that they'll have any influence on the plot. It's likely that they'll end up being random NPCs that we'll end up meeting on our journey and they might give us a nice item or something, but not much more than that.

This is what I was thinking, too, but I was hoping for some nice ruins to explore.

Back