• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Alternatives to GTS Cloning

Years
    I heard someone talking about not being able to use GTS to clone Darkrai because it has the ribbon, so, is there any other way to clone besides using the GTS?

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    I know that, I mean non hacking ways, I heard somebody say something about changing the clock back a half hour. I don't know anymore then that.
    hmm that looks like a good idea

Well, I think it might go a little like this :

1.Save the game in front of a PC.
    2.Put a pokemon in a box. (the one you want to clone)
    3.Save the game. (turn off the power right before its about to be done saving)
    4.Change the game clock. (make it 30 mintues less)
    5.Turn the power on, and there should be a pokemon in your box AND your party.

Well I just thought it would work that way, so try it own risk

wolfie1177

PC needs to get more brutal!!!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    AR cloning is certainly the most efficient way of doing it, although apparently it's not looked upon fondly (although I don't understand why not, cloning is cloning no matter how the clone is cloned). I've heard of a day care trick, but it's unconfirmed. And I've never heard of that turning back the clock way.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    People probly dont want AR cloned pokemon because it is considered hacked if you obtain a pokemon by using a cheating device. And it looks like cloneing has somthing to do with leaving your pokemon somewhere (the PC, GTS, Daycare)

wolfie1177

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    I hate to start a cloning ethics debate here, but I really don't understand why people are so against AR cloning. If we're going to sit here and say that people can't clones using AR, then cloning via GTS or any other method shouldn't be allowed either. If you think about it, all that AR cloning is is a more efficient way of cloning without the hassles of GTS.

Granted, I'm not lucky enough to have an AR for cloning, but it certainly seems that it would be much less hassle for the same exact clones as you would get via any in-game glitch.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2007
    Well once I tryed cloning my shiny corsola, and when I looked at its summery (at the GTS) its name was all messed up, some letters in its name were passing the character limit and were written OVER its gender, so I think GTS cloning can mess up your game too. (but I thik theres a slim chance of it, probly the same chance as using an AR)

Years
    I hate to start a cloning ethics debate here, but I really don't understand why people are so against AR cloning. If we're going to sit here and say that people can't clones using AR, then cloning via GTS or any other method shouldn't be allowed either. If you think about it, all that AR cloning is is a more efficient way of cloning without the hassles of GTS.

Granted, I'm not lucky enough to have an AR for cloning, but it certainly seems that it would be much less hassle for the same exact clones as you would get via any in-game glitch.

I think it's because people can edit the Pokemon then clone it, but maybe some people just clone, but the mods and admins don't want to take chances, using an AR to do anything with a Pokemon is considered hacking it.

wolfie1177

Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2021
    Well once I tryed cloning my shiny corsola, and when I looked at its summery (at the GTS) its name was all messed up, some letters in its name were passing the character limit and were written OVER its gender, so I think GTS cloning can mess up your game too. (but I thik theres a slim chance of it, probly the same chance as using an AR)

Exactly, I've had Pokemon come up on GTS while cloning and say all kinds of ridiculous mumbo-jumbo. I think that there is some chance of your game gettign really screwed up by GTS cloning.

And to Haunter, I don't think that you can modify stuff when you AR clone. I just looked it up on Google, and I've only seen cloning codes. It seems the only way to modify your Pokes is through Pokesav

ShadowTails

I'm working on a better Avatar
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 7, 2015
    I remember not trying to on purpose, but I cloned my Alakazam, my friend wasn't to happy about losing his Gengar though, I don't know exactly when or how, but go to trade someone on wifi, lose the signal during the trade, after you get your Darkrai back, and if you did it correctly either Darkrai or the other Pokemon would be lost >.> I don't know how it happened exactly I was hosting the trade and when I traded back his gengar I got my Alakazam and later I found out he had my Alakazam too...

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
    Years
    its the exact same way its always been, much like the Red/Blue cloning glitch. and it just happened to me! :D take for granted i lost a Shiny Ralts, but i gained a Piplup in the process. :D

Years
    hmm that looks like a good idea

Well, I think it might go a little like this :

1.Save the game in front of a PC.
    2.Put a pokemon in a box. (the one you want to clone)
    3.Save the game. (turn off the power right before its about to be done saving)
    4.Change the game clock. (make it 30 mintues less)
    5.Turn the power on, and there should be a pokemon in your box AND your party.

Well I just thought it would work that way, so try it own risk

this only works in the jap version of d/p don't even bother trying it!

Paranoia

FC: 1375 3660 8982
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    Another way to clone is with an M3 or R4 system, you copy the save, then trade a pokemon to someone, then reload your original save, so the person will have the pokemon they want, and so will you.

But for that to work, you need 2 M3 or R4's and 2 NDSs otherwise their is no way to get your pokemon back to your original save file.

RileyVace

Frogs and Dragons, baby
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2019
    I use 2 Supercard SD's, and duplicate whole ROM save files, rather than Pokemon.
    This way i have no chance of messing my game up, plus I can back Pokemon up on my PC. LIKE DIGIMON.

Irony.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2007
    hey

Personally I can understand why AR cloning is frowned upon because you can edit your pokemon, but it sure would be nice to clone a pokemon faster than the GTS way. Just wait for the day there is an event mew under lvl 9, then safe cloning on the GTS will not be so safe. It is ironic though that a glitch pokemon on the Japanese version is legit (i.e. through the surfing in elite four room glitch), but getting one using on an american version using AR code (this is, I know, the bad part) that merely lets you basically do the same thing - get to Darkrai and battle him yourself. Oh well, I dont hack, and I try to avoid hacked pokemon because, let's face it, if you have one you become a leper (no offense intended, just analogy). Ciao.

Back