• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Amazing Masters [entries]

Dhjona

Spriter
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    PROLOGUE

A newsreader behind it's desk, brings the daily news. 'Today is the day that it's the 100th birthday of- A presentator comes smiling and waving on stage. 'Welcome to Poké-challenge! The be'- An evil Tyrinitar with red eyes roars, followed by a black sreen with the text. 'Pokémon Ranger, The Dark side. Soon out'- A chef with a Grovyle as souschef is, throws tomatoes in the air while the grovyle slices them in multiple pieces.-
    'Come on! There's nothing good on TV tonight,' I said, as I zapped from channel to channel. I sighed, and stood up. 'Let's get something to drink then.'

With a can of coke I walked back to the couch and took a draught. I looked back to the television. There were still advertisements on. I sighed again, grabbed the remote and put my finger above the button to switch channels-
    '4 Tribes, dropped on a beautifull island, match up against each other. They have to take on the toughest challenges, vicious collusions will be wrought and friendship and fights originate in the tense head of the battle.'
    Curious, still with my finger floating above the button - So, at the first moment of uninteresting I could change channels- I gazed at the screen.
    'Do you want to take on the challenge in this thrilling and exciting competition and win 1 MILLION dollar!? Enter the competition and maybe you will be the last trainer standing and crowned as the...Amazing Master!' said the voice-over.
    'That's pretty awesome!' I said excited.
    'For the rules and more information, visit www.amazingmasters.com Applying for a place in Amazing Masters will be until 21 January 2012. One island...16 trainers...one winner...Amazing Masters!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

In this pokémon fanfic, every 2 weeks one contestant will drop out of the competition. There will be 'test episodes' (in this episode the contestants will face a test/challenge) and 'elimination episodes' (in an one vs one pokémon battle will one player be eliminated). A test episode is always followed by a elimination episode. So with each week a episode, there will be each two weeks one contender less.

It's in the style of a reality television program, hence the trailer in the prologue. And I thought it would be fun if I don't come up with the characters myself, but let you take part in the story.

So pretend that you are the 'I' in the prologue and that you just saw the trailer, would you apply?

A few hints for your character:
    - Look at the number of males and females. For example: you notice that a lot of entrees are male, than you have higher chance that your character will be applied if you chose a female character.
    - Don't make your character to powerfull. Everybody has his strong and weak points.
    - To have a higer chance of being applied into the fic, look at the characters that already have been made and make you character special (for example: a vicious player, a sneaky person, or very sweet)

Name: (please use normal names, no Menadi Ferisakisoko or anything like that)
    Pokémon: (which pokémon has your character. You may choose 3 pokémon from all the 5 regions. NO LEGENDARY POKEMON. Choose wisely..)
    Gender: (if you can't choose, please take a look at the number of Male and Female)
    Personality: (small personality discription)
    Good qualities:
    Bad qualities:

Hobby's:
    Special information: (little details, like 'His mother died three years ago')
    Something else worth to mention/Extra:
    Avatar:(you can make your character to life, via this site: [COLOR=#ffffff]http://www.tektek.org/dream[/COLOR]. Please save as .PNG. Make normal people, aka: give them normal clothing (no flames, frog suits) and no attributes like swords or shields etc!)

Note: That I may slightly change your entree if needed. You can apply until 22:00 21st of January, 2012.

So do you want to win $1.000.000 (fictive money of course! that means no real money people :P)!? Enter this fic and maybe your character wins Amazing Masters!

I hope i didn't broke any rules with this. I couldn't find anything in the rules about not making up your own characters (which actually is no problem, I could easily make my own characters, but thought it would be fun to let PC members be a part of the story). ^^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    We generally don't allow people to post threads asking for characters here in Fanfiction and Writing. The whole application process and everything like you have here would be suited more for the Roleplay Corner. Fanfiction and Writing is more for fics made up completely by one (maybe two) authors.

The problems with asking for other peoples' characters is that an application form isn't really enough for the author to write the character completely. You might get something wrong when it comes to characterization that the application form didn't ask about. Also, if a character gets treated unfairly through the plot (like with your fic, they don't win the contest), then people will be more upset over it than if it was a character that you made up yourself (because it's like they didn't win).

So I'm not sure how this will work out for you, especially since FF&W isn't friendly towards these kinds of application fics.

Years
  • We generally don't allow people to post threads asking for characters here in Fanfiction and Writing. The whole application process and everything like you have here would be suited more for the Roleplay Corner. Fanfiction and Writing is more for fics made up completely by one (maybe two) authors.

The problems with asking for other peoples' characters is that an application form isn't really enough for the author to write the character completely. You might get something wrong when it comes to characterization that the application form didn't ask about. Also, if a character gets treated unfairly through the plot (like with your fic, they don't win the contest), then people will be more upset over it than if it was a character that you made up yourself (because it's like they didn't win).

So I'm not sure how this will work out for you, especially since FF&W isn't friendly towards these kinds of application fics.

I was thinking the exact samething, I saw a couple of these on the Role Play Corner. I won't make a big deal out of this, since this is more suited to be discussed elsewhere than the FF&W main forum.

Dhjona

Spriter
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Feb 24, 2013
    Okay I get it. Can a mod please move it to the Roleplay Corner then?

thnx in advance

asap please. Cuz I only have 2 days left for entries

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Sorry, but no. Reason for not moving is that the RP section requires approval from the mods of that section, so I'd rather they see it themselves first via you reposting it in that section instead of bypassing that whole process.

Back