• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An accident I paid a high price for...

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
Years
  • Oh, come on. There's nothing to hide in a Pok?mon obsession. I really don't know why people try to hide their love for Pok?mon, or why people laugh at "older" (read: 12 years old or older) Pok?mon fans. If you like something, you should let others know about it. Why try so hard to hide your Pok?mon obsession and make your life so difficult? Do you think that not liking Pok?mon is a sign of maturity? In my opinion, openly liking or disliking something, and respecting other people's likes and dislikes, is the true sign of maturity. Liking Pok?mon doesn't mean you are na?ve; likewise, not liking Pok?mon doesn't mean you are mature. If it's all about the "coolness" factor, then it's even more pathetic. Liking something just because it is viewed as "cool" and disliking another thing because it is "uncool" doesn't make you look "cool", it only makes you look like an idiot with zero attention span. Most Pok?mon fans nowadays are people who really like it, and not just people who use something that is viewed as "cool" to look "cool". Those kind of people are just wasting time and money liking something they are sure going to start hating once it's "coolness" dies out, unlike those who are truely devoted to something, whether it is "cool" or not.

manectric_chief

YO SOY PAMELA ELE!! O.O!
    Years
  • Chibi-chan said:
    Holy crap! That's horrible...;-; can you say that it was a younger sibling's or cousins or neighbors Pokemon stuff??

Anyway, I sleep with a Pikachu doll ._. He is torn, dirty and pretty beaten up by my dog. I love him though <3 He's about...5 years maybe. He's also in one of the pics on my cell phone! <3 Only a couple of my friends know that I sleep with it, but they still dont know I like Pokemon...anyways, good luck tomorrow MC!

thanks!, I'm really gonna need it

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
  • MysticTrunks said:
    I changed it. Yes, it did. I make my SC's so I happen to take this laptop to school cause I putted a report in and as soon as I pressed power it showed like an intro of my sc's and everyone thought that it was a new Pokemon game that was coming out later. Then I explained that I make SC's in PC and they liked it so much that I share my eppys every time I make a new one. Guess they are all Poke-maniacs.

Not all of them were Poke-maniacs. Some jocks beated me up for this ow :dead:

Psyduck

Buy Pokemon Stuff on Ebay
    Years
  • I have had a similar thing happen to me. I think it was about 2 months ago. I was a a poker game with my friends and other people in my age range. 17-20 I would say.

I had never been big on cell phones as some people our, my parents had gotten me one 2 years + ago, one that you pay by the minutes. I had just started to use it more so I had been taking it where ever I went.

Well, when first got it, I bought a pokemon ring tone, but my current ring tone was set to the default. Well, anyway I forgot the pokemon ring tone was still in the ringtones list.

Anyway, while I am playing poker, my one friend starts looking through my phone. Suddenly, I hear him start laughing, then it hit me. Pokemon ring tone, he sees the word pokemon. He clicks it on and I had the phone and the phone closed before the ringtone was going strong. I told him it was one there from years ago, and I can't delete it. He bought that.

Secretly, I wish I could use that ring tone as my real one, but I would be too embarrised. I love pokemon, but people would make fun of a 20 year old guy in love with pokemon. Will be 21 in a few months.

Well, anyway heres some advice. I have noticed, people not obsessed with pokemon know nothing about it, if they did in the past, they have forgotten most of it. They wouldn't be able to tell the difference between zapdos and jolton.

So, just don't say anything else about it. They will forget quick, if they haven't already. Reminding them will lead to them remembering longer. Also, don't bring your latop in for a while, it will remind them, even if the stuff is off it now.

I haven't ever heard anything more about that pokemon ring tone.

Last edited:

Innocence

PC Lurker: I'm watching you...
    Years
  • Well, If i saw a 17-20 year old guy/girl who likes pokemon, I would just think: So what? I see plenty of people that age on PC! But if i didn't like pokemon/PC, It would be a different story. Mwar. Don't listen to me. I'm just a good for nothing 10 year old who no-one listens to anyway.

[Technya]

Chick in riot gear!
    Years
  • In my USB card there is a file all dedicated to screenshots of Pokemon, I have several GB games, I have some of the movies on DVD, I sleep with a little Pikachu plush toy, I have several portfolios that have Pokemon stuff in it and not to mention that there is a small Treeko plushie on the dash of my car.

Anyone who knows me knows that I love Pokemon. Whether they make fun of me or not I care not. If they accept it, fantastic if not? Well, there's a special little place where I send them if they get out of hand.

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
  • Lol. Nice story. No that hasn't really happened to me. No one really cares.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • I'm open about it, and the only people who give a muffin are people who also like Pok?mon and come up to me to talk about it. As far as I know there aren't any of those people in my school now though. ;-; Oh, well, I really don't care what they think of me~ :x I don't consider Pok?mon childish; they consider it out of their own twisted misperceptions, and most of them have no idea what Pok?mon even IS - sheer prejudice, and like I give a toss about the opinions of a prejudiced, immature busybody who spends all their time nosing in other people's lives because they have no life themselves. @_@; It's up to me what I like, not them.

Cybex Mewtwo

Someone's angry. :/
    Years
  • Meh...people who never knew about it, then found out laughed like everyone else. But it doesn't bug me. I've been laughed at for A LOT worse than little monsters that 10 year olds play with. So, let em laugh. I could care less. I <3 POKEMON and no one can stop me from enjoying it!

manectric_chief

YO SOY PAMELA ELE!! O.O!
    Years
  • well, its 8:00 and the nightmare hasn't ended yet, some girls asked me for my laptop to do a homework, and instead they SOMEHOW found my largest screenshot and videos file, and showed it to the class, I'm writing in the bathroom!, anyway you and some friends suport me, for that thank you, but this mess has gotten worse, still, I absolutely refuse to delete those files, I'll live my life like this

wishirulz

convict #100234
    Years
  • me and my friends at lunch
    pat: you still like pokemon cards or even pokemon!
    phil (me): it brings money!
    pat: 7 year olds, pokemon
    mateo: 30 year old, pokemon! (he was on my side)
    *looks down and thinks*
    i only go on PC for fun it's not an obsetion it's that i have nothing to do

eX.A.K.R.

Slow Periods.
    Years
  • Tell you what. Since it's already all out, just come clean about it. Reveal everything. Say that you really like Pok?mon, that it's your passion. Say that it is better than liking something just because it is trendy or "cool". Point them to this forum thread. If they are still laughing and making jokes about you, just shut them out and ignore them. They are the pathetic people, not you. You gain, because you now don't have to try hard to hide a secret anymore.

Cybex Mewtwo

Someone's angry. :/
    Years
  • Tell you what. Since it's already all out, just come clean about it. Reveal everything. Say that you really like Pok?mon, that it's your passion. Say that it is better than liking something just because it is trendy or "cool". Point them to this forum thread. If they are still laughing and making jokes about you, just shut them out and ignore them. They are the pathetic people, not you. You gain, because you now don't have to try hard to hide a secret anymore.
    Amen to that. That is way too true.

Years
  • Continuing tha topic from where it left off: Get used ta it. Tch, I learnt ta ignore 'em tha hard way, like you probably are now, tch, but t'day I don't really care 'bout their rants.

Yar free ta like whatever ya want an' nobody has tha right ta flame ya for it. XP

manectric_chief

YO SOY PAMELA ELE!! O.O!
    Years
  • here's the result of operation: be proud of Pokemon: moderate, some people acted like before, some laughed, some parodyzed me, and some got out of the way..is that good or bad?

Smarties-chan

Should've had that name change
    Years
    • Age 22
    • Seen Sep 12, 2015
    Wow... I think most people in my class know I like pokemon, but they don't care and if someone doesn't respect your interests you should really think over if he really deserves to be your friend true friends like their friends no matter what his/her obsessions might be everone has the right to have his/her obsessions it's none of anyone else's business I think you should be proud of being a pokemon fan instead of living in shame people should really think if pokemon really is naive or stupid I mean many people kick the ground while standing on a board with wheels aka. skateboarding to be honest is that so much ''cooler'' than pokemon?

Years
  • manectric_chief said:
    here's the result of operation: be proud of Pokemon: moderate, some people acted like before, some laughed, some parodyzed me, and some got out of the way..is that good or bad?
    Well if they can't accept ya tha way they are, then what kinda friends are they? I have VERY few friends IRL, tch, but I make sure that tha ones I hve can accept me tha way I am... tch, an' if they don't like pkmn it's their st00pid little problem, tch, not yars.

Back