• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen An electronic marvel!

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
  • During your explorations in the Old Chateau, a desolate, aging building, there was a strange room just upstairs. Unlike the rest, it had a form of modern technology inside it, this being a television. However, you just happened to encounter this TV on a bad day...or so you thought. It was acting...differently, than what you would deem a normal TV to behave. It was twitchy, as if it had a light of its own. You have a better look at the screen. What in the name of Arceus is that? The being, a Pokemon, comes out of the television set and attacks you. What is that abomination?

You managed to gain data on it on your Pokedex.
    rotom.gif

Apparently it's something called Rotom. A Pokemon unlike any other, this anomaly has gained the power to possess different types of appliances, things like fridges and desk fans, that allow it to gain access to a new, move related to the type of appliance added to its movepool.

These formes are as follows.
    (hover over each sprite for information on each one!)
    rotom-fan.gif
    rotom-mow.gif
    rotom-wash.gif
    rotom-frost.gif
    rotom-heat.gif

These forms were accessible by a key item called the Secret Key, obtainable only from events. Then, the player goes to Rotom's Room, a hidden room in the Galactic Eterna Building. where the appliances will be aligned in a line. From there, you can choose which appliance you want Rotom to possess, and it will change to the Rotom forme of that appliance.

So, questions!

1. What's your favourite Rotom forme? Why is it your favourite forme?

2. Did you bother to catch Rotom? If so, did you use it in your main team? If no, why not?

a little bonus question: did any of you guys manage to get the Secret Key? If so, be sure to tell us!

discuss, my little kricketots~

Treetwig

Banned for being awesome
    Years
  • 1. What's your favourite Rotom forme? Why is it your favourite forme?
    My favorite Rotome forme is the wash forme because of it's wonderful defensive stats.

2. Did you bother to catch Rotom? If so, did you use it in your main team? If no, why not?
    Yeah,it's on the creepy Old Chateau right? I did use him on my team but I dropped him off when I arrived at the 6th gym.

a little bonus question: did any of you guys manage to get the Secret Key? If so, be sure to tell us!
    Yes,I used cheats since I missed the event :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I did catch Rotom, yeah. You get only one chance to catch it throughout each gameplay, so why pass it up? xD;; I mean, you could get a hold of this Pokémon via trading, but that just doesn't have the same effect on you; you'd feel more proud of yourself by capturing directly. I did use it on my for an online battle, but not so much after that; mine wasn't EV trained and it didn't have good moveset or IVs, either, so it just wasn't suitable for competition. My favorite form would probably have to be a tie between wash and heat; in design, they're both awesome. Second favorite is mow, with frost being third. Would've been nice if there were more variety, though, but oh well; it's not so much of a big deal. They could always add onto its forms in future.

Years
  • Rotom was pretty cool, so I did catch it (obviously).

My favorite form would have to be Wash, I don't know, but it's just great when it comes to battling.
    I only included it in my main team once, what a good special sweeper.

As for the Secret Key, I managed to get a hold of it.

Years
  • What's your favourite Rotom forme? Why is it your favourite forme?
    Wash Rotom for me, it's a Water-type (you know how much I love that type) and it's also the best Rotom forme in competitive play.

Did you bother to catch Rotom? If so, did you use it in your main team? If no, why not?
    I didn't get around to catching it in 4th Gen specifically, but maybe when I replay Platinum I might consider it or something. Not sure if I'll use it on my main team though.

Did any of you guys manage to get the Secret Key? If so, be sure to tell us!
    Nope, I haven't.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • What's your favourite Rotom forme? Why is it your favourite forme?
    Wash Rotom. It has a cool appearance (especially as a shiny Pokemon), has a neat typing that supports its stats really well, and is also solid in competitive gameplay.

Did you bother to catch Rotom? If so, did you use it in your main team? If no, why not?
    Both in Diamond and Platinum! As soon as I learnt of its existence, I made a rush to the Chateau to catch it. even changed my DS time to catch it once

Did any of you guys manage to get the Secret Key?
    No, and to this day I haven't accessed an event. If I did, I would be psyched to have my Rotom-Wash in game! :o

Last edited:

LetsPlayALoveGame

Wielder of the Disco Stick
    Years
    • Age 31
    • he/him
    • Texas
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023
    Personally I didn't care for it my first time through, but I've liked it a bit more since.

I like the Mow form the best. Wash is so horrendously overrated IMO.

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    Favourite Rotom-Forme? To be honest, the original one was pretty good in its own right. If we expand out of that, then the washing machine. I thought it was pretty cute. The others aren't half bad though and the lawn mower is pretty funny in the anime. Not sure if I mistook that for some other show though. :p

I think I bothered to catch Rotom the first time around. I mean, I had the guide on Pokemon Platinum and a thing that jumped out of the TV didn't seem half bad. I never actually ended up using it though but for the longest time I actually thought it was a 'legendary' Pokemon. It just had that feel about it, so I gave it its own special little box. XD

Nope, no Secret Key for me. Never did wi-fi events mainly because my router wasn't able to. Didn't even know a secret key existed or I'd of tried to get one. :p

Butterfree-Charizard

Bug Type Master
    Years
  • 1. What's your favourite Rotom forme? Why is it your favourite forme?
    It would be Wash, but it is used so much, I'd say Mow
    I caught him, and used him in my team in platinum.

Yessir, I got the key :p

Side note I loved the Old Chateau. Very creepy, and fun. A good edition to the game.

Years
  • I did go back and catch Rotom, although once captured, I never used it in battle. My brother abused the fact that it could be bred in Pearl, and had at least two boxes full of Rotom, haha. The new forms had me interested, but I actually didn't end up using any of them, at least in-game. We all know how useful Rotom-W is in competitive battling! Speaking of, I'd pick Wash to be my favorite of all the forms. Unfortunately, I never got the Secret Key. It remains a secret for me o:

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    I always catch the Rotom, especially in Platinum, since it's possible to catch it the first time through, rather than having to wait for the National Dex. In fact, I used it on my team the second time through Platinum, and it's still a part of my post-game team. And it's in my favorite forme - the original - though since I didn't have the Secret Key, I didn't know then that that was my favorite forme. It wasn't until Gen V that I got to freely experiment with the other formes, and discover that I don't like them any better than the original anyway.

Back