• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An idea, please respond today

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    So I had an idea and it was this: What if I went to a gamestore and bought, for example, SS and took it home and transfered all available pokemon to my platinum, went back, and traded it in for HG and did the same? Would that even be legal to do? If it is, please respond soon. Thanks, RELOH

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • So I had an idea and it was this: What if I went to a gamestore and bought, for example, SS and took it home and transfered all available pokemon to my platinum, went back, and traded it in for HG and did the same? Would that even be legal to do? If it is, please respond soon. Thanks, RELOH

Yeah, it could be done, but why? What are you trying to do?

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    Just curious is all. In theory, the games might have pokemon that would help me complete my nat. dex, but beyond that it would be of no use to me because, if I am thinking correctly, and correct me if I am wrong, I would not be able to trade them through here, correct?

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • Just curious is all. In theory, the games might have pokemon that would help me complete my nat. dex, but beyond that it would be of no use to me because, if I am thinking correctly, and correct me if I am wrong, I would not be able to trade them through here, correct?

Trade them through where? The DS uses wireless communication to trade from game to game. You would need two DSs, either both are yours of borrow a friends.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    I have 2 of them because my first one kinda died so I got a dsi then my first one started working. Just to be sure though, I had it right that I am not allowed to trade them in the trade forum or can I?

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • I have 2 of them because my first one kinda died so I got a dsi then my first one started working. Just to be sure though, I had it right that I am not allowed to trade them in the trade forum or can I?

As far as I know, you can trade anything you want to in the trade forum, as long as it's not a hack. Check the section rules to be sure though.

Last edited:

DiabloMask

Pokemon creator
    Years
  • It's a good idea if you ask me, but why'd you trade SS for HG??
    you won't get any pokemons which are not available in HG unless you
    play SS for a while, how can you trade the game after playing it?!

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    @diablo: I own a copy of SS but in theory, I would buy another copy, get the pokemon from the person who played it before me, then trade in the game for HG or an older or newer pkmn game and rinse and repeat.

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    I have been able to get a few pokemon a few different times this way. For example, when I had pearl, I bought Emerald and was able to get a rayquaza LVL 100 from it along with the starter(don't remember what it was at this time) and traded them onto my pearl... Sadly, I have no idea where my pearl is... Makes me sad, but oh well.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Well I guess you could do that, but it sounds lazy to me. Missing out on the fun of the game, and kinda wasting money I guess. It's ultimately up to you though. But it's not illegal, so I mean, you can go ahead and do it lol.

Years
  • I don't see how taking an easier route to get something you want in a video game would be illegal at all (very silly); no need to worry about that. Seems like a waste imho, but it's all up to you in the end.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    That is both legal and doable, but you won't get as much money for the games when you take them back the second time. Plus it seems kinda drastic when you could just use the trade forum or GTS? :3

Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2013
    Like I said guys, mostly theory, kind of tempting, but not enough really. And Sydian, if I were to do it, I have already beaten/own the games and/or their counterparts(SS and HG for example) so I wouldn't be missing out on the stories at all. But, again, theory.

Back