• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Intro] An Olá from Brazil!

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    Howdy guys! After lurking around the community for quite some time (Mostly for the awesome rom hacks and fan games, PC and Relic Castle are gold mines full of talented developers), I have finally created an account.

P.S: Sorry if my English is rather... rough, as the title suggests, I'm not a native speaker, plus I'm also not formally trained in it, so I'm bound to make some mistakes (I'm kinda like a parrot, just imitated my way into a somewhat understandable degree of fluency).

Years
    Howdy guys! After lurking around the community for quite some time (Mostly for the awesome rom hacks and fan games, PC and Relic Castle are gold mines full of talented developers), I have finally created an account.

P.S: Sorry if my English is rather... rough, as the title suggests, I'm not a native speaker, plus I'm also not formally trained in it, so I'm bound to make some mistakes (I'm kinda like a parrot, just imitated my way into a somewhat understandable degree of fluency).

Hello OrangeTaka, and welcome to the forums!
    Don't worry about your english. There are more people here who are not native speakers that you might think! ^^
    In fan games, have you tried Solar Light / Lunar Dark ? Zeta / Omicron ? Insurgence ?
    Am I right to assume Ralts' line is one of my favourites ? It sure is one of mine! ^^

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    Hello OrangeTaka, and welcome to the forums!
    Don't worry about your english. There are more people here who are not native speakers that you might think! ^^
    In fan games, have you tried Solar Light / Lunar Dark ? Zeta / Omicron ? Insurgence ?
    Am I right to assume Ralts' line is one of my favourites ? It sure is one of mine! ^^
    Hi!
    Thanks a lot for the reassurance! And it's also so true, sometimes I feel like there are so few non-natives in any given fandom, only to then find a ton of people like me. Those are the moments where it's great to be wrong!
    I have not tried any of these yet, though I have heard good things about Insurgence, it's definitely on my list (Just gotta end the PS series first, The First Journey got me hooked on it, the only thing stopping me from binge-playing it all is the pesky Ethan fight on Red's Journey West, just what was the creator thinking when they gave him a Tauros with Wonder Guard?). Definitely going to check out your recommendations later.
    And, yes, you are and I have got to applaud your good taste. It's such a great line that is also elevated due to its association with one of my favorite characters in the whole franchise. Wally is so great and relatable, we were really robbed of a whole manga arc about him.

Last edited:

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years

Hello there OrangeTaka, and welcome to the PC! Cool flair by the way!

Your English looks fine to me. And an error here or there is perfectly fine, heck, even native English speakers make mistakes sometimes, so don't sweat it.

How long have you been into Pokemon?

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    Hello there OrangeTaka, and welcome to the PC! Cool flair by the way!

Your English looks fine to me. And an error here or there is perfectly fine, heck, even native English speakers make mistakes sometimes, so don't sweat it.

How long have you been into Pokemon?

Hi! Also, thanks! One of the perks of doing IT as my technical course, I have a mild understanding of CSS (+HTML), though I'm still a newbie and got a lot to learn.

And thanks again, it really means a lot to know that I'm actually improving my English skills. I still remember not being able to read a single sentence without going to Google Translate, it's just so funny to look back at the translations that it gave me and how I naively believed in everything.

I have been into Pokémon for a long time. The earliest Pokémon-related memories I have are me playing weird flash games "based on Pokémon" (There were some good ones amidst the weird stuff though, I specifically remember liking a Tower Defense one), as well as finding an online emulation of the Gen III games on the site that hosted those flash games. I never got far into any game, both because I couldn't save my progress and because I, obviously, didn't knew English at the time. So I pretty much just played the beginning of Fire Red and Ruby over and over again for a really long time.

Since then, throughout my life, I got in and off Pokémon multiple times. I have always liked playing Gen III rom hacks, some years ago I read the manga up to the ORAS arc, I own some of the cards and have also tried nuzlocking a dozen times, my longest run being my most recent (I got to the third gym on Emerald and was absolutely destroyed there, because my encounters where primarily water and flying types, plus the dice decided that my starter wouldn't be Mudkip, so it was a massacre).

Recently, Pokémon got back on my radar mostly because of the aforementioned Nuzlockes and rom hacks, but now I'm getting more involved in the community than ever, this account being a part of that. Even considering giving RPing a shot, although I'm still getting used to writing longer texts in English.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    Hi! Also, thanks! One of the perks of doing IT as my technical course, I have a mild understanding of CSS (+HTML), though I'm still a newbie and got a lot to learn.

And thanks again, it really means a lot to know that I'm actually improving my English skills. I still remember not being able to read a single sentence without going to Google Translate, it's just so funny to look back at the translations that it gave me and how I naively believed in everything.

I have been into Pokémon for a long time. The earliest Pokémon-related memories I have are me playing weird flash games "based on Pokémon" (There were some good ones amidst the weird stuff though, I specifically remember liking a Tower Defense one), as well as finding an online emulation of the Gen III games on the site that hosted those flash games. I never got far into any game, both because I couldn't save my progress and because I, obviously, didn't knew English at the time. So I pretty much just played the beginning of Fire Red and Ruby over and over again for a really long time.

Since then, throughout my life, I got in and off Pokémon multiple times. I have always liked playing Gen III rom hacks, some years ago I read the manga up to the ORAS arc, I own some of the cards and have also tried nuzlocking a dozen times, my longest run being my most recent (I got to the third gym on Emerald and was absolutely destroyed there, because my encounters where primarily water and flying types, plus the dice decided that my starter wouldn't be Mudkip, so it was a massacre).

Recently, Pokémon got back on my radar mostly because of the aforementioned Nuzlockes and rom hacks, but now I'm getting more involved in the community than ever, this account being a part of that. Even considering giving RPing a shot, although I'm still getting used to writing longer texts in English.

That's a really useful skill to have around here, what with all the css this site uses. I came here knowing nothing about how css worked at all, and am having to learn it as I go.

Beyond an odd word choice here and there, your sentence structure is fantastic and very easy to read. It's even better than a lot of native English speaking things I've read, so you're doing really well!

That reminds me of the time my cousin gifted me a copy of Pokemon Yellow when I was really young. I though status lowering move effects were permanent, so I kept having to re-catch Pokemon who didn't have lower than normal stats lol. I never even made it to the first Gym.
    I never played Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, though I have played ORAS and thought they were pretty good. What's your favorite Gen of Pokemon?

It sounds like there's plenty of stuff around the site that will interest you, that's great for when activity in one or two of the sections slows down every now and then.

It's nice to have you here! I hope you enjoy all that the PC has to offer to to the fullest!

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    That's a really useful skill to have around here, what with all the css this site uses. I came here knowing nothing about how css worked at all, and am having to learn it as I go.

Beyond an odd word choice here and there, your sentence structure is fantastic and very easy to read. It's even better than a lot of native English speaking things I've read, so you're doing really well!

That reminds me of the time my cousin gifted me a copy of Pokemon Yellow when I was really young. I though status lowering move effects were permanent, so I kept having to re-catch Pokemon who didn't have lower than normal stats lol. I never even made it to the first Gym.
    I never played Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, though I have played ORAS and thought they were pretty good. What's your favorite Gen of Pokemon?

It sounds like there's plenty of stuff around the site that will interest you, that's great for when activity in one or two of the sections slows down every now and then.

It's nice to have you here! I hope you enjoy all that the PC has to offer to to the fullest!

I have noticed some beautifully formatted text while analyzing some old RP threads (To get a better understanding of the average writing style) and CSS seems like a pretty handy tool in this forum, I will definitely try to put what my technical school taught/is teaching me to good use (I mean, now it seems like the course will go more into the network side of things and stop with the programming stuff for quite a bit, so PC will probably be what keeps me motivated to improve my CSS skills).

Thank you! My word choice is probably off sometimes because I don't write a lot in English and the media I consume varies wildly in idiolect, formality, and tone. This is more noticeable in my pronunciation, like, sometimes I speak with a North American accent, some words come out with a British accent and, sometimes, I just accidentally speak with a Russian (?) accent.

That sounds like something kid me would do, still remember ditching a "weird-colored Pidgey" I found one time in Fire Red... I have never found another shiny again :D
    I remember watching some videos of ORAS as a kid, I think it was the only non-Gen III game that made an impression on me at that early stage of gaming, though I never got the chance to play it.

My favorite generation gotta be Gen III. The rom hacks, Hoenn being my favorite region, many of my fav mons coming from there, Wally being one of my favorite characters in all of the franchise, the great remakes of Gen I, plus how easily available all of it was to me and my potato PC, just made it so iconic and nostalgic to me (Even though I was born in the year it ended on the west, just a few months later).

And thanks for the warm welcome! I have never used a forum before, but I can already tell this one is pretty good, it's just great to interact more with fellow pokéfans!

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I have noticed some beautifully formatted text while analyzing some old RP threads (To get a better understanding of the average writing style) and CSS seems like a pretty handy tool in this forum, I will definitely try to put what my technical school taught/is teaching me to good use (I mean, now it seems like the course will go more into the network side of things and stop with the programming stuff for quite a bit, so PC will probably be what keeps me motivated to improve my CSS skills).

Thank you! My word choice is probably off sometimes because I don't write a lot in English and the media I consume varies wildly in idiolect, formality, and tone. This is more noticeable in my pronunciation, like, sometimes I speak with a North American accent, some words come out with a British accent and, sometimes, I just accidentally speak with a Russian (?) accent.

That sounds like something kid me would do, still remember ditching a "weird-colored Pidgey" I found one time in Fire Red... I have never found another shiny again :D
    I remember watching some videos of ORAS as a kid, I think it was the only non-Gen III game that made an impression on me at that early stage of gaming, though I never got the chance to play it.

My favorite generation gotta be Gen III. The rom hacks, Hoenn being my favorite region, many of my fav mons coming from there, Wally being one of my favorite characters in all of the franchise, the great remakes of Gen I, plus how easily available all of it was to me and my potato PC, just made it so iconic and nostalgic to me (Even though I was born in the year it ended on the west, just a few months later).

And thanks for the warm welcome! I have never used a forum before, but I can already tell this one is pretty good, it's just great to interact more with fellow pokéfans!

I look forward to seeing where your practice with CSS takes you as you improve from here!

I often shift how I speak, or the way I pronounce things, and I especially like to practice speaking in accents!
    What I was refering to above about 'odd word choice' was when you said "I, obviously, didn't knew English at the time." and "I got in and off Pokémon multiple times." 'knew' should have been 'know', and 'in and off' is like saying 'thing 1, and thing B'. The first was almost correct, and the second was just a bit odd, otherwise everything else you've typed so far has been perfect.

Almost the exact same thing happened to me in Fire Red with a Ponyta! I was leveling up my Charizard in the Sevii Islands using the item that lets you refight trainers, and while I was leaving the area, I got a random encounter with a blue fire Ponyta! But I was in such a hurry to leave that I ran from it without a second thought at the time...

I hope you get the chance to try ORAS sometime, while they aren't exactly the same as the Gen 3 versions, they're still really good games!

You are very welcome! The PC is my first (and probably only) forum as well! I had a really great start to it thanks to an incredibly friendly Mod that greeted me when I first joined last December, plus all the awesome people in the Forum Games section that I started interacting with a little while after I got settled here.
    I hope you find your home section/s soon, it can really add to the experience!

Years
    Hi!
    Thanks a lot for the reassurance! And it's also so true, sometimes I feel like there are so few non-natives in any given fandom, only to then find a ton of people like me. Those are the moments where it's great to be wrong!
    I have not tried any of these yet, though I have heard good things about Insurgence, it's definitely on my list (Just gotta end the PS series first, The First Journey got me hooked on it, the only thing stopping me from binge-playing it all is the pesky Ethan fight on Red's Journey West, just what was the creator thinking when they gave him a Tauros with Wonder Guard?). Definitely going to check out your recommendations later.
    And, yes, you are and I have got to applaud your good taste. It's such a great line that is also elevated due to its association with one of my favorite characters in the whole franchise. Wally is so great and relatable, we were really robbed of a whole manga arc about him.

For me, Insurgence is the best fan game overall! So many areas to explore, so many pokémon to catch, the cool looking Delta pokémon (Delta Charizard is my favourite ^^), and how I felt when I reached the tip of the end, catching the very last pokémon and listening to its area's music...
    A Tauros with Wonder Guard, really ? XD
    Ralt's line is actually my second favourite, after Charizard's (since Red ^^)!

What are your favourite pokémon in Generation 3 (beside the obvious one ^^) ?

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    I look forward to seeing where your practice with CSS takes you as you improve from here!

I often shift how I speak, or the way I pronounce things, and I especially like to practice speaking in accents!
    What I was refering to above about 'odd word choice' was when you said "I, obviously, didn't knew English at the time." and "I got in and off Pokémon multiple times." 'knew' should have been 'know', and 'in and off' is like saying 'thing 1, and thing B'. The first was almost correct, and the second was just a bit odd, otherwise everything else you've typed so far has been perfect.

Almost the exact same thing happened to me in Fire Red with a Ponyta! I was leveling up my Charizard in the Sevii Islands using the item that lets you refight trainers, and while I was leaving the area, I got a random encounter with a blue fire Ponyta! But I was in such a hurry to leave that I ran from it without a second thought at the time...

I hope you get the chance to try ORAS sometime, while they aren't exactly the same as the Gen 3 versions, they're still really good games!

You are very welcome! The PC is my first (and probably only) forum as well! I had a really great start to it thanks to an incredibly friendly Mod that greeted me when I first joined last December, plus all the awesome people in the Forum Games section that I started interacting with a little while after I got settled here.
    I hope you find your home section/s soon, it can really add to the experience!

I see. Tbh, I did hesitate a bit when I wrote that, but I thought I was wrong and just did the opposite, so I guess it's a sign I should trust my guts a little more lol

Those shiny encounters really do happen when you least expect them. Personally, grinding seems to be more effective than actual shiny hunting, just so many accidental shiny encounters that kid me missed...

ORAS is definitely on my list, probably going to be one of the first games I play when I get my new computer (Long story short, my old computer straight-up died on me, so I'm now sharing a notebook with my dad while saving some money to buy replacements for the broken parts, the bright side is that I have found some goods deals, so now I will possibly jump from an i3 with integrated graphics to an i5 with an Nvidia Gt 630 that I got trading a RAM card, which means I will finally be able to run Citra). I think I even reached the manga's iteration of it, I remember liking what I saw of the Delta Episode's plot, plus mega evolutions are just great and Wally's ORAS theme is phenomenal, so I got high expectations for it.

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    For me, Insurgence is the best fan game overall! So many areas to explore, so many pokémon to catch, the cool looking Delta pokémon (Delta Charizard is my favourite ^^), and how I felt when I reached the tip of the end, catching the very last pokémon and listening to its area's music...
    A Tauros with Wonder Guard, really ? XD
    Ralt's line is actually my second favourite, after Charizard's (since Red ^^)!

What are your favourite pokémon in Generation 3 (beside the obvious one ^^) ?

I have checked out some of Insurgence's designs and, I gotta say, they are awesome. Charizard straight-up looks like an RPG boss. Also, now that I think about it, I may have played it once, I distinctly remember the delta starters, although I don't think Eevee was an option when I played it.

Red's Journey West is an insane game both in its story and gameplay. Like, not only did Ethan have a Tauros with Wonder Guard, but his fight is also a double battle, and, throughout the game, there were very few opportunities for me to catch fighting-types, the only thing in my team that could damage that Tauros was my Sudowoodo. To add insult to injury, when I finally defeated Ethan yesterday, I was greeted by a second double battle, now against a full team... with my unhealed party... and, no, you can't buy potions or restores anywhere in the game (The only way you can obtain healing items is by finding them in the overworld), you are just expected to endure a champion-level fight and then another whole battle.

My Gen III favorites gotta be the Mightyena (Love my edgy wolves), Shiftry, Dusclops, and Metagross lines, along with Absol, the weather trio, Jirachi and Deoxys.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    I see. Tbh, I did hesitate a bit when I wrote that, but I thought I was wrong and just did the opposite, so I guess it's a sign I should trust my guts a little more lol

Those shiny encounters really do happen when you least expect them. Personally, grinding seems to be more effective than actual shiny hunting, just so many accidental shiny encounters that kid me missed...

ORAS is definitely on my list, probably going to be one of the first games I play when I get my new computer (Long story short, my old computer straight-up died on me, so I'm now sharing a notebook with my dad while saving some money to buy replacements for the broken parts, the bright side is that I have found some goods deals, so now I will possibly jump from an i3 with integrated graphics to an i5 with an Nvidia Gt 630 that I got trading a RAM card, which means I will finally be able to run Citra). I think I even reached the manga's iteration of it, I remember liking what I saw of the Delta Episode's plot, plus mega evolutions are just great and Wally's ORAS theme is phenomenal, so I got high expectations for it.

Indeed, but don't sweat it too much, you already type way above the level of simply being understood, and that I'd say is the most important thing.

Especially when the Pokemon's shiny colors look almost identical to its basic colors...

That's great! (not your computer dying, the fact you're getting a better one) There's a lot of good games that I'd imagine run on Citra.
    Which one are you going to play? Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? (when you get the chance to do so of course)

Years
    • He / Him
    • Seen Jun 9, 2023
    Indeed, but don't sweat it too much, you already type way above the level of simply being understood, and that I'd say is the most important thing.

Especially when the Pokemon's shiny colors look almost identical to its basic colors...

That's great! (not your computer dying, the fact you're getting a better one) There's a lot of good games that I'd imagine run on Citra.
    Which one are you going to play? Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? (when you get the chance to do so of course)

To be honest, I'm not sure, but I might go with Omega Ruby. While I like both box legendaries equally, I like OR's version-exclusives slightly more, that is, at the current moment.

Alex_Among_Foxes

A lover of Foxes
    Years
    To be honest, I'm not sure, but I might go with Omega Ruby. While I like both box legendaries equally, I like OR's version-exclusives slightly more, that is, at the current moment.

Omega Ruby's the first one I played, and I like how it tells the story better than Alpha Sapphire honestly.
    While you're trying out ORAS, you should take a look at some of the other 3DS era Pokemon games as well!

Years
    I have checked out some of Insurgence's designs and, I gotta say, they are awesome. Charizard straight-up looks like an RPG boss. Also, now that I think about it, I may have played it once, I distinctly remember the delta starters, although I don't think Eevee was an option when I played it.

Red's Journey West is an insane game both in its story and gameplay. Like, not only did Ethan have a Tauros with Wonder Guard, but his fight is also a double battle, and, throughout the game, there were very few opportunities for me to catch fighting-types, the only thing in my team that could damage that Tauros was my Sudowoodo. To add insult to injury, when I finally defeated Ethan yesterday, I was greeted by a second double battle, now against a full team... with my unhealed party... and, no, you can't buy potions or restores anywhere in the game (The only way you can obtain healing items is by finding them in the overworld), you are just expected to endure a champion-level fight and then another whole battle.

My Gen III favorites gotta be the Mightyena (Love my edgy wolves), Shiftry, Dusclops, and Metagross lines, along with Absol, the weather trio, Jirachi and Deoxys.

That looks a bit overkill... I think some other games manage challenges way better.

Great pokémon indeed! For me, there is also Salamence and Swampert (I plowed through Ruby, League included, with that last one on its own ^^)!

In Insurgence, Metagross' line has not one, but TWO Delta forms!

Back