• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An "Older Teens" area or something

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Well I was just looking at the how to seduce a staff member trivia in OT and I was about to reply when... :O IT WAS LOCKED XD

So I'm thinking about an "Older Teens" area where we can have topics that are... Less appropriate for the whole age group of PC.

Now I'm thinking of there being conditional entry into this area, where you HAVE to request a S-Mod+ for entry, and they can refuse to grant you entry without reason. It IS a mature forum and should be exclusive to those who the staff feel deserve it.

Also, this forum can be a Post's dont count forum XD

People that show to be immature or lack the etiquette to remain in that forum can be kicked out from that forum.

I know this may mean more staff, and maybe not; but It'd help the people who want a more mature conversation out.

Also, we could probably have all New Threads all have to be approved by a Mod+.

I know this is practically a "Bring back the T-Dome" thread, but I do want somewhere where we can discuss stuff that's mature or suggestive but not explicit, inside of PC.

Last edited:
    Years
    Yeah, that is why we have conditional entry and S. Mods can deny entry upon will. It might fail when they are having a bad day, but normally through grammar, spelling, posts, etc. you can tell how old someone really is. (and if someone who is nine can be mature enough to fool a whole board, then i think they deserve to be included in a mature forum anyway.)

pokewhore

Working in Downtown Goldrenrod
    Years
    Plus, it's not like that 9 year old (example) hasn't already heard anything that was said in the "Seduce an Admin" thread.

To be honest, I don't think that

1) The younger age group on this site would care about the older teens section
    2) Would understand what is being said or Has already heard of it
    3) I really don't think there are many people here that are actually young.

Sorry about this rant-ish, illogical post.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    I kind of like the idea.

But, even if a nine-year-old could gain entry into the 'mature discussion forum', actual teens might make threads that become too mature for them. :/

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    Something like that existed in the past, it wasn't pretty. So now it's gone, and I doubt it will return anytime soon. :<

Years
    The matter of it getting too mature can be avoided?

Rules such as keeping sexual, violent, political opinions, and etc. topics at a mild level (mild means you can talk about it but not with complete description: eg.

[Mature, Post Your Problems]
    We had sex and now were scared that she might be pregnant.
    [too mature, in Post Your Problems]
    We did this, we did that, i went fast i went slow (etc.) and she might be pregnant.)

Zet

Years
    the problem is still the fact that any one can lie about their age just to gain entry and see all the "hot topic" info and if parents caught their kids looking at those sorts of posts we'd be the ones getting into trouble

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    I've heard about this "Thunderdome" before. It probably failed because of all the age lying and maturity overdrive. Although, I wasn't here during those ages, that's probably the reason why.

If there was a way to check every friggin member's print and tranfer them to PC with damn expensive federal permission and super equipment that probably already filters the little kids and take their print to see if they are 13+.

Then MAYBE the Thunderdome would be brought back. But not even Bill Gates is seeing that happening within 10 years. Are you?

Years
    Pokecommunity will not get into any trouble for their children lieing about their age which is clearly maybe not clearly, but it is touched upon refined on this page: https://www.pokecommunity.com/misc.php?do=page&template=tos

And as If the underage problem is that much of a problem then we can have it available for CS which would obviously have to have access to a credit card, or paypal (I doubt a young child would have the ability to send money through mail.); which both requires contest of someone that is an adult to use.

To K9; a S Mod has enough power to cross-check similar IP addresses between two accounts. If one account shows the user is under x years old, then he/she is not given permission to use the T-Dome.

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    What did IP addresses have anything to do with an insane fingerprint theory? @~@

Also, the text in the policy page is too small, at least for my monitor. Can you quote the specific location you are referring to?

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    This gets brought up at least once every 6 months (I don't know why? XD), and every time it usually ends up at the same conclusion. Since we don't have a Thunderdome or something similar right now, the answer is kind of obvious. XD

Years
    Quotes
    Unsolicited Material and Ideas. pokecommunity.com is not responsible for the similarity of any of its content or programming in any media to materials or ideas provided to pokecommunity.com. You acknowledge and agree that if you send any unsolicited materials or ideas, you do so with the understanding no additional consideration of any sort will be provided to you, and you are waiving any claim against pokecommunity.com and its affiliates regarding the use of such materials and ideas, even if material or an idea is used that is or may be substantially similar to the idea you sent.
    USE OF POKECOMMUNITY.COM IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE." NEITHER POKECOMMUNITY.COM, NOR ANY OF THEIR AFFILIATED OR RELATED COMPANIES, NOR ANY OF THE EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS OF ANY OF THEM, MAKES ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY OF ANY KIND REGARDING POKECOMMUNITY.COM, THE CONTENT, ANY ADVERTISING MATERIAL, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH POKECOMMUNITY.COM, AND/OR THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM USE OF POKECOMMUNITY.COM OR SUCH CONTENT OR SERVICES. ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WARRANTIES AGAINST INFRINGEMENT, AND WARRANTIES POKECOMMUNITY.COM WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE OR ERROR FREE, ARE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED. POKECOMMUNITY.COM AND ITS AFFILIATES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR CONTENT POSTED BY THIRD PARTIES, ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY, OR FOR ANY DAMAGE TO, OR VIRUS THAT MAY INFECT, YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT OR OTHER PROPERTY. POKECOMMUNITY.COM CONTAINS FACTS, VIEWS, OPINIONS, STATEMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS OF THIRD PARTY INDIVIDUALS AND ORGANIZATIONS. POKECOMMUNITY.COM DOES NOT REPRESENT OR ENDORSE THE ACCURACY, CURRENTNESS OR RELIABILITY OF ANY ADVICE, OPINION, STATEMENT OR OTHER INFORMATION DISPLAYED, UPLOADED OR DISTRIBUTED THROUGH THE POKECOMMUNITY.COM. ANY RELIANCE UPON ANY SUCH OPINION, ADVICE, STATEMENT OR INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. IN NO EVENT SHALL POKECOMMUNITY.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RELATED TO UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA, THE CONTENT OR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE CONTENT, EVEN IF ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT SHALL POKECOMMUNITY.COM OR ITS AFFILIATES, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, CONTENT PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE FOR ANY AMOUNT FOR DIRECT DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF $100.
    Modifying these Terms. pokecommunity.com reserves the right to change these Terms of Service at any time in its discretion and to notify users of any such changes solely by changing these Terms of Service. Your continued use of pokecommunity.com after the posting of any amended Terms of Service shall constitute your agreement to be bound by any such changes. Your use of this site prior to the time these Terms of Service were posted will be governed according to the Terms of Service that applied at the time of your use.

Discontinuation of Service. pokecommunity.com may modify, suspend, discontinue or restrict the use of any portion of pokecommunity.com, including the availability of any portion of the Content at any time, without notice or liability. pokecommunity.com may deny access to any Registered Member or other user at any time for any reason. In addition, pokecommunity.com may at any time transfer rights and obligations under this Agreement to any affiliate, subsidiary or business unit, or any of their affiliated companies or divisions, or any entity that acquires pokecommunity.com or any of their assets.
    It touches on the fact that pokecommunity is not responsible for its content, also some other stuff but I do not know how to explain it, but i do know that pokecommunity is and will stay protected. :/

@.fate XD lol I know but we shall still try :D

Spinor

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Oh, ok XD.

You do realize an admin will probably change that now.

Years
    An admin doesn't need to change any of that, because there's still this fact: if the staff says there'll be no mature subforum (especially since it failed last time), then there'll be no mature subforum. :( Quoting various parts of the terms of service won't change that at all.

Right now, to be honest, there's really nothing showing us that such a forum wouldn't fail again, considering how some members still tend to act in "mature" topics (and checking ages isn't entirely feasible. Way too easy to lie, and even before then you'd have the matter of what age to set the bar at).

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
    This gets brought up at least once every 6 months (I don't know why? XD), and every time it usually ends up at the same conclusion. Since we don't have a Thunderdome or something similar right now, the answer is kind of obvious. XD

Look again, it's less then 6 months, probably about 2-3 months, with the debating section,

And I feel I'm against it, the only people that would post in there would be the ones that barely where let in, and all they would rant about would be S.E.X (something they would have no idea about), just to prove how "Mature" they would be, they'd probably try to fit the word S.E.X into every other word in there post, so I'm against it, I mean I don't like the idea of locking the younger members out of a whole section without giving them an opportunity to prove that they can handle the responsibility you are trusted with when your let into a section like that.

And if you feel the need to discuss S.E.X I'm sure there are plenty of other non children forums that you can go to.

Last edited:

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
    Look again, it's less then 6 months, probably about 2-3 months, with the debating section,

And I feel I'm against it, the only people that would post in there would be the ones that barely where let in, and all they would rant about would be S.E.X (something they would have no idea about), just to prove how "Mature" they would be, they'd probably try to fit the word S.E.X into every other word in there post, so I'm against it, I mean I don't like the idea of locking the younger members out of a whole section without them be given an opportunity to prove that they can handle the responsibility you are trusted with when your let into a section like that.

And if you feel the need to discuss S.E.X I'm sure there are plenty of other non children forums that you can go to.

Quoted for truth.

I pretty much realized how flawed an age resticted section would be when the idea for a debate forum came along.

Sorry, it isn't going to work. :/
    To many liars, flamers, etc.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back