• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon X hack: Ancestral X [Official Release]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Still at the beginning of the game, seems interesting though. Did not expect to see a horde of Jirachi before the first gym.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Good job pal! Looks interesting, It would be fantastic if we can get like a classic patch for the people who doesnt like pokemon type changes and stuff like that. Cheers

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2023
    Hello, this is an amazing hack, but I'm having trouble with the PC. Can I get some help? I'm on Geosenge Town and when I try to use the PC either mobile or the on at the pokemon center, if I withdraw a pokemon when I exit the PC the screen goes black. This problem started on route 10

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen yesterday
    Hello, this is an amazing hack, but I'm having trouble with the PC. Can I get some help? I'm on Geosenge Town and when I try to use the PC either mobile or the on at the pokemon center, if I withdraw a pokemon when I exit the PC the screen goes black. This problem started on route 10

Hey there. There have been a few bugs reported in regards to the PC either crashing the game or causing issues. Admittedly, I'm not entirely sure the cause, and unfortunately none of the bug reports seem replicable. The best I can offer at this moment is the advice to save frequently, and that it's something I'm keeping a close eye on.

Let me know in the discord if you can replicate this bug and can send me a save file where you do so, or if you believe you've found some replicable conditions, let me know what those might be, thanks!

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 12, 2024
    On 3ds, when pressing the home button to return to the menu, the 3ds will always crash (if I'm playing this hack obviously), tested with other games and romhacks and it's fine. Crashes the 3ds not the game.

Days
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Have to say I'm enjoying the game so far. Never played Gen 6 tho so take that into consideration. Also havent nuzlocked anything harder than RenPlat. On my third run to try and clear Viola, haven't beaten her yet. Run 1 was blind and that went horribly, gave that up real quick with all the coverage and gimmick type sets. Viola seems a little encounter dependent but not too bad far as I can tell, think I just need to get good lol.

Days
    • Seen Jun 6, 2023
    Update - In Shalour on attempt 4 about to do the 3rd gym, having fun so far. Breaking out of the 1st gym/tierno stretch and getting a slew of encounters helped with that, the difficulty eased up a bit. I'm doing gym level caps, the 22 cap for tierno is kinda nuts if you don't have things to deal with his team.

Also just jotting down some bugs/observations (playing on 3DS):
    -A few trainers, i think two of the double batter ace trainers in glittering cave specifically that i remember, when you talk to them to battle the game stutters and then a blank speech bubble appears. Battle starts fine after that though.
    -Game continually crashes in Shalour trying to use move remember (my Altaria to learn dragon dance). Similar crash screen as to when you hit the home button as previously mentioned in this thread. Will see if it crashes in future PCs.
    -Not a bug but it was weird running into trainers (battle mason thing and that one sky trainer you fight with only flying types) that I'm assuming you did not edit compared to the base game.

Anyways like I said enjoying it so far!

Years
    • Seen May 14, 2024
    Ayo so excited to try it out, although I'm a lil sad my fwen Azumarill got nerfed

Years
  • IVs are still present. I followed the philosophy of Nuzlocking that while random chance is ok (encounters, crits, etc), grinding is no fun, which is why EVs were removed.

While I would love to try this hack, which seems absolutely amazing, the fact that there's no EVs just because "grinding is no fun" is a deal breaker for me... I enjoy the grinding, just like a lot of people do, and with EVs we could have our pokemon the way we want them to tackle whatever obstacles there are. The inexistence of EVs severely handicaps strategies that could be used, the combination of moves and abilities, everything that would make our Pokemon unique because we'd train them that way for a specific reason.

Chef-taM

Amateur trying to make his own fan game.
    Days
  • I love this hack already, 36h in (with speedboost) and haven't hit the 4th gym yet.

Years
    • Seen Aug 18, 2023
    Guys I followed the instructions on the Google drive folder but the game continues to be the original one (sorry for the my bad english).

Days
    • Seen Mar 10, 2024
    It's something that's been on my mind, but it's not something I'll be implementing until after the game is out of beta. Even then, others also want an easier version, so I'll have to prioritize which versions I end up building.

I just wanted to say that I would also like a version with more vanilla, transferable Pokemon. It's also great to see people working on 3DS ROM hacks these days, especially given how many neat features this one has. I primarily am drawn to Pokemon for the collection aspect, so the new horde encounters in this hack are very appealing.

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    So wait, are pokemon just given random moves with no concern to typing in this? I was so confused when Pidgeotto used charge beam. It has been super fun tho, love the difficulty.

Last edited:
    Days
    • Seen Oct 26, 2023
    To Axcellerator, I experienced it before. But one time that just didn't happen. It strange. I was wondering for 3DS ORAS Megas, is it file size issues or the quality of the new mega pokémon cause I kinda of curious. I think I have the half mind to try make compressed forms...

Days
    • Seen Feb 14, 2024
    Looking for a toxic orb!!!!

The documentation says 'Stunky (Thief) (after Route 10 encounter)' but like I've been trying since yesterday to the point that I already encountered a Raikou but still no Stunky with a held item.
    By 'after Route 10 encounter' - I assumed this meant after beating Team Flare there and I made sure my pokemon isn't holding anytthing
    I've also tried using thief on stunky, yanma, and hawlucha every time I encounter them but none had held items so far....
    Is it just me being unlucky or am I doing something wrong 😅

Dark

SW-8589-1512-3501
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    Are the pokemon you catch in this game legal to port to poke bank?

Days
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Looking for a toxic orb!!!!

The documentation says 'Stunky (Thief) (after Route 10 encounter)' but like I've been trying since yesterday to the point that I already encountered a Raikou but still no Stunky with a held item.
    By 'after Route 10 encounter' - I assumed this meant after beating Team Flare there and I made sure my pokemon isn't holding anytthing
    I've also tried using thief on stunky, yanma, and hawlucha every time I encounter them but none had held items so far....
    Is it just me being unlucky or am I doing something wrong 😅
    have u found a solution yet? im also looking for a king's rock

Back