• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal -> Pokemon?

MasterWGS

Impossible=Nothing, Mewtwo=OU
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    More dinosaur based. I know we have the ancient ones, but let's get a stegosaurus or T-rex in there. I'd be happy with a raptor (the dino, not the bird) Pokemon as well!

As for today's animals, I think a poodle of some sort would be good. I also read llama somewhere on here, which would be cool.

Do you think Doduo/Dodrio count as ostriches/emus?

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Just to say: Trapinch is a ant lol.

How about a Mosquito monster-like thing?
    I could be wrong, but isn't Vibrava a mosquito.

A liger would be cool. Or a crocodile, but maybe they've done that. Other than them they should do Tasmanian devils or lemurs.

A lemur pokemon would be awesome maybe a ground/thunder combination.

-ChronicNightmare-

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2013
    A liger would be cool. Or a crocodile, but maybe they've done that. Other than them they should do Tasmanian devils or lemurs.
    Crocodile - Totodile, Croconaw, and Feralgatr.

A lemur would be cool though, I don't think they've done that. :D

Years
    I could be wrong, but isn't Vibrava a mosquito.
    I believe Vibrava is a dragonfly.

Otters: Buizel, Floatzel ( I think)
    Buizel/Floatsel aren't otters, They're weasels. Heck! Their names consist of the words Bouy+Weasel and Float+Weasel.

mole- eh, sandshrew is kind of like a mole.
    wolf- Mightyena?
    Sandshrew is actually a mouse, but Diglett and Dugtrio are moles. Mightyena is actually a heyena. Its name consists of the words Mighty+Heyena.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    I believe Vibrava is a dragonfly.

It's an antlion.

Buizel/Floatsel aren't otters, They're weasels. Heck! Their names consist of the words Bouy+Weasel and Float+Weasel.
    Otters are just weasels that swim, you know.

Sandshrew is actually a mouse, but Diglett and Dugtrio are moles. Mightyena is actually a heyena. Its name consists of the words Mighty+Heyena.
    Sandshrews are pangolins. A think the -Shrew part was a dead give away seeing as they are both in the same superorder of launrasiatheria. Digletts are based on Dosojin, a friendly road god.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    There should be a questoion at the end of your sentence, young man. Anyway, Vibtava is based on the adult form of an Antlion.

Sorry mom! Oh! questoion=question. >.<

Um! What about more humanshape pokemon.
    What, not all pokemon can be animals.

-chronicNightmare-

PrinceSushi

Shiny hunter and Kecleon fan!
    Years
    Mightyena is actually a heyena. Its name consists of the words Mighty+Heyena.

Thats only its English name. You have to remember it was first called "Guraena" which has nothing to do with hyenas. Even so, it has characteristics of wild canines, the hyena is related to cats/felines and live very different lives compared to canines.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'd really like to see a hummingbird Pokemon, and one based off of a pegasus. Or even a tengu! We need more mythological-animal based Pokemon...

waveguidebuizel

weirdguybuizel
    Years
    I'd really like to see a hummingbird Pokemon, and one based off of a pegasus. Or even a tengu! We need more mythological-animal based Pokemon...

Shiftry is based off a tengu.

I agree with the hummingbird idea. That would be cool!

There should be one based off a koala or a panda that's actually black and white.

Eos Aduro

The Kid with the Bullet Soul
    Years
    Pandas are actually being debated as racoons or bears, I think bears personally. And they haven't done Probocuss Monkies yet!!

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    Pandas are actually being debated as racoons or bears, I think bears personally. And they haven't done Probocuss Monkies yet!!

Pandas have long been disproven as being raccoons. They are true bears, only they haven't evolved as much as other bears. Red pandas are still being debated over. Speaking of bears, there should be a sun bear Pokemon. Solbear will be it's name.

Also, you spelled proboscis monkey wrong.

Back