• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that are not Pokemon yet.....

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
This was probably already said, but I'm surprised there hasn't been a tiger or lion based pokemon.
Arcanine is partly based off a tiger and lion, from it's Shisa orgins. Not to mention the coloration resembles a tiger. Raikou is partly based off a Tiger and Entei a Lion, even though they are called the "Legendary Dogs".

I'd like to see them basing Pokemon on some more obscure, I-never-would-have-heard-of-that-were-it-not-for-Pokemon kind of animals. Water-Types and Bug-Types would really get a lot of candidates with this method, from sea mice (basically furry sea slugs. On that note, there should be a sea slug Pokemon as well, if this doesn't count) to stalk-eyed flies (crazy looking buggers that appear exactly as they are named). I'd like to see some plankton, too. Really, abyssal sea creatures already look like Pokemon, so they fit the bill like a glove.

As far as more laymen animals go, I'd like to see a tick or a flamingo sometime in the future.
Joltik covers your tick need. And I really wish they would have exploited the use of a flamingo in Hoenn since I believe they are more prone to living a tropic like climate.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
Years
Arcanine is partly based off a tiger and lion, from it's Shisa orgins. Not to mention the coloration resembles a tiger. Raikou is partly based off a Tiger and Entei a Lion, even though they are called the "Legendary Dogs".
They are called the Legendary Beasts. It was confirmed when they did the crown beast events. Also the shinx line are also lions.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
I would very much like to see a (sort of) samurai, like as an evolution to the hitmon tree...
Otherwise, a platypus would be nice (water,normal), or an Iguanadon (grass, rock), maybe an opossum. OH OH Wait! I have a good one. How about an ice cream cone or a refrigerator!? Oh wait... A sea cucumber? YEAH!

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
Years
I would very much like to see a (sort of) samurai, like as an evolution to the hitmon tree...

samurai :3
502.png

Otherwise, a platypus would be nice (water,normal)
54.png
Some view Psyduck as a duck, but it has many platypus qualities.

or an Iguanadon (grass, rock), maybe an opossum. OH OH Wait! I have a good one. How about an ice cream cone or a refrigerator!? Oh wait... A sea cucumber? YEAH!
583.png
Ice cream
584.png
more ice cream
479-frost.png
and a refrigerator.

However I do like the idea or a sea cucumber. Been waiting for one of them for a few gens now :( Also a seas slug!

*Latias

It's so cool.
Years
  • Seen Jun 26, 2012
how about....a HUMAN pokemon?

No, please. ;_;
There already are Machop/choke/champ.
And as rocky505 said, pokès are based on animals.
Also, it would be too strange to keep a sort of human into a pokeball, wouldn't it? o_o

Scythemantis

retiredededed
Years
Since generation one, I've eagerly awaited a cockroach and a fly...I can't believe such commonplace creatures aren't represented yet.

First person to say Ninjask is a fly fails zoology forever.

I don't want to sound like I'm plugging but my biology articles cover hundreds of other plants and animals I'd love to see as Pokemon.

Now, a minor peeve of mine: it seems like every generation, people hold their breath for a wolf and a dolphin to come out, but honestly, these two animals are far more romanticized than they deserve. What would make a wolf significantly different from any other canine-like poke? And technically speaking, Kyogre is an Orca whale, a type of dolphin.

I would approve of a dolphin only if it were a dark type. Real dolphins are not the cute, friendly magical sea-puppies everybody makes them out to be. They are territorial, cunning and extremely lethal pack hunters. They frequently kill other animals for nothing but "play" behavior, especially fellow porpoises, and do things with the carcasses that are likely against the rules here to describe. Attacks on humans are WELL documented, too. They're the thugs of the sea, pure and simple.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
+Narwhal: Obvious Wailord evolution is obvious. DO IT ALREADY!!! Water/Ice.

+Dolphin: Now, I don't agree with them being "thugs of the sea". It's Pokemon for Christ's sake. Besides, Sharpedo says hi...Anywho, a Dolphin evolution to Lanturn would be much appreciated. Water/Electric, Water/Psychic, Water/Ice, any of those three.

+Grey Wolf: Seriously. WHY NOT?! Grass/Dark or Dark/Fighting...maybe Grass/Fighting would be pretty cool. Pure Dark is always an option too.

+Red Panda: I'd love a Pokemon based on there <3 They could be Fire, Fire/Psychic, Fire/Ground, Fire/Grass, Normal, Normal/Psychic, etc.

Townes

Gentlemanly Hazard...
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 15, 2011
For all of you saying Wolf-Pokemon, I draw thee to a personal favourite Mightyena. It's name might be a play on Hyena, but I think it's more similar to a Wolf myself.

Gen V actually covered a lot of Pokemon I wanted- Particularly the noble Russian Bear and Otter. So I reckon everything I want is covered :) Mind you, the concept of leading a minotaur into battle is very appealing...

Scythemantis

retiredededed
Years
+Dolphin: Now, I don't agree with them being "thugs of the sea". It's Pokemon for Christ's sake. Besides, Sharpedo says hi...Anywho, a Dolphin evolution to Lanturn would be much appreciated. Water/Electric, Water/Psychic, Water/Ice, any of those three.

Dolphins regularly kill sharks, even harmless sharks they don't intend to eat or anything. In many cases they're a huge threat to endangered species because they're just so territorial and violent :p

Lanturn is an anglerfish, not very mammalian....it's too cute an anglerfish, though. I wish we had a proper-looking one.

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
Yes, but do you guys really think GF will make a menacing dolphin? I just can't see it :/

Also, to point out, Mightyena is a Hyena-based Pokemon, not Wolf.

Scythemantis

retiredededed
Years
It seems exactly like something gamefreak would do, lots of pokemon bust the stereotypes/preconceived notions of the animals they're based on :D

Mightyena may be hyena based and a hyena isn't even a canine, but it looks enough like a wolf that it ought to appease people who want one. Same with Zoroark, despite being a fox. Point is, does it really matter if they're "officially" wolves when they're still shaggy, ferocious wild canine-looking monsters?

2Cool4Mewtwo

Pwning in Ubers since 1996.
Years
Chinchilla.

Perhaps a swordfish? It could be water/fighting. Or one of those scary statues possessed by ghost, possibly a ghost/steel type (though it isn't an "animal" to be exact, but I'd still like to see it).

And leech does seem like a good idea, as some of you have posted. It should be bug/dark type IMO.

Last edited:

Scythemantis

retiredededed
Years
It'd be most appropriate for a leech pokemon to learn moves that heal allies :D

A swordfish seems like a strong candidate for water/steel. I had an idea for one where the sword would be chainsaw-like.

I've always wanted a virus pokemon. I don't mean a legendary humanoid alien who happens to be made of "space virus" or whatever, just a virus, like this T4 Bacteriophage:

structure%20of%20bacteriophage.jpg

Some other microbes would be cool too, like a diatom, the spaceship-looking algae making up most phytoplankton:

diatoms.jpg

A good old fashioned bacteria:

bacterium.gif

Or a dinoflagellate (some species cause the toxic "red tide" phenomenon) :

ceratium.gif

I thought it'd be cool if there were microscopic pokemon which you collected as held items, like parasites/symbionts on wild pokes, and then, like fossils, took them to a laboratory where they were enlarged into "real" pokemon.

Oh yeah, I'd also like to see a cocoon/chrysalis poke one of these days with a split evolution into either a butterfly/moth and a wasp or fly, as certain wasps and certain flies are parasites who lay their eggs in caterpillars, replacing the moth/butterfly during pupation.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2012
There are quite a few animals, and fairly obvious ones, that haven't been used yet.

Hawk
Eagle
Dolphin
Wolf (can't believe there's no wolves yet. Mightyena and Poochyena are Hyenas, not wolves. and hyenas are actually closer to cats then dogs, with their closest living relatives being meercats and mongooses )
A gorilla (Infernape is really more baboon/monkey like, I'd like to see an actual BIG gorilla.)
Tiger
Lion

Is Slaking not a gorilla?

Scythemantis

retiredededed
Years
Meerkats, mongooses and hyenas aren't quite closer to cats than dogs, but belong to neither. They're a group all their own, which also includes skunks, badgers and otters :)

Slaking would seem to be a sloth due to its prevos, but looks a lot more like an ape.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
I'd totally be a fan of a goat Pokémon, if they came up with one. PREFERABLY it wouldn't be anything silly like a Normal-type or Grass-type but maybe they'd get creative with it. I think a wombat is in order, too. Oh and a narwhal! Man, whoever says that GameFreak will run out of ideas for things to make Pokémon out of is crazy. o3o

(>-.-)>

Back