• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that are not Pokemon yet.....

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Don't start again. Do you not see the similar patterns of an orca on Kyogres back? And Garchomp isn't a dragon it is just dragon type It is based on the land shark and has a hammerhead sharks head.

He wasn't being rude or anything. o_O;

While Kyogre may be based on an orca, it doesn't have a traditional Orca look. Kind of like how Luxray is based on a lion, but I still want a lion Pokemon because I don't feel like that one is close enough to a lion to please me.

Garchomp was based on a mix of shark and dragon according to Bulbapedia, but I can see where Elgyem is coming from. That's not an actual Hammerhead Shark - it has arms and legs, it walks on land, its habitat isn't even in the water.

DoctorSlavic

Shotgun Doctor
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Aug 23, 2011
    As for fossil Pokemon:

A Gorgonopsid that evolves into a Gorgonopsid
    A Dimetrodon that evolves into a Spinosaurus
    A Mesothelae that evolves into an Arthropluera
    A Scutosaurus that evolves into an Ankylosaurus
    A Kaprosuchus that evolves into a Pristichampsus.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • - Magpie
    - Echidna Cyndaquil
    - Hamster
    - Kangaroo Kangaskhan and Breloom
    - Beaver Bibarel
    - Peafowl
    - Wombat
    - Pigeon Pidove line
    - Panda Giant one? We have Spinda for a red one.
    - Eland
    My comments are in the bolded letters. Garchomp and Kyogre do have Orca and Hammerhead in them though but A pokemon based on those 100% would be better.

Years
  • gosh you guys are fighting over whether a thing is a dog or a cat

ITS A FISH OKAY.

jkidding.

But I can kinda see flamingo traits in Fearow and Dodrio, even though one is more of a stork, and the other is an ostrich thing.

Also, I think I see some peafowl traits in Unfezant, the male one being brightly colored, and the female being normal.

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    Pardon me if my suggestions have already been said or created, but I'd like to see the following:

- A giant leech Pokemon
    like that leech monster from this movie I can't seem to recall, I'm pretty sure some of you guys know it. The one that burrows in the sand or ground and comes out with its gigantic gaping mouth. It might've been from Star Wars. Preferably a Bug/Ground type, (beats the hell out of Trapinch), size of like Wailord or something. That'd be a bug Pokemon I'd raise for sure.

- A narwhal Pokemon
    c'mon imagine a Wailord with like a 20ft horn protruding from its skull. Hells yes, and have it learn megahorn. drools

- A cave troll Pokemon
    basically a new Zubat, haha.

- And a crap load of f'ed up undersea Pokemon
    y'know those deep sea creatures that have adapted to the darkness of the sea, some of the glow in the dark, some of the are translucent, some have no eyes. Yeah, those.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    I want a Pokemon that's a school of small fish, like Exeggcute but with fish. I always thought thinking of a bunch of separate things as one Pokemon (Exeggcute, Magneton) was fascinating tbh.

rocky505

<Now who's awesome!
    Years
  • Pardon me if my suggestions have already been said or created, but I'd like to see the following:

- A giant leech Pokemon
    like that leech monster from this movie I can't seem to recall, I'm pretty sure some of you guys know it. The one that burrows in the sand or ground and comes out with its gigantic gaping mouth. It might've been from Star Wars. Preferably a Bug/Ground type, (beats the hell out of Trapinch), size of like Wailord or something. That'd be a bug Pokemon I'd raise for sure.

- A narwhal Pokemon
    c'mon imagine a Wailord with like a 20ft horn protruding from its skull. Hells yes, and have it learn megahorn. drools

- A cave troll Pokemon
    basically a new Zubat, haha.

- And a crap load of f'ed up undersea Pokemon
    y'know those deep sea creatures that have adapted to the darkness of the sea, some of the glow in the dark, some of the are translucent, some have no eyes. Yeah, those.
    Tympole's line should count for a leech. Look at Eelektross' animation on Pokedex 3D plus it has the type of mouth a leech does.

OtherAlias

Just another alias.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2024
    Tympole's line should count for a leech. Look at Eelektross' animation on Pokedex 3D plus it has the type of mouth a leech does.
    Had to search those two up; I'm not really into the new generation of Pokemon.
    But Tympole is like Poliwrath and them; they're frogs/tadpoles rather than leeches.

And Elektross is more of an eel, it's mouth is leech like though.

But the leech Pokemon I'd like to see, would be a lot different, I picture an actual leech, yknow, just a worm-type thing, no visible arms or legs, size of like Wailord.

So, Tympole or Elektross wouldn't cut it.

West the Hardcore Nerd

Giggles at the ghosties!
    Years
  • I'd like to see them basing Pokemon on some more obscure, I-never-would-have-heard-of-that-were-it-not-for-Pokemon kind of animals. Water-Types and Bug-Types would really get a lot of candidates with this method, from sea mice (basically furry sea slugs. On that note, there should be a sea slug Pokemon as well, if this doesn't count) to stalk-eyed flies (crazy looking buggers that appear exactly as they are named). I'd like to see some plankton, too. Really, abyssal sea creatures already look like Pokemon, so they fit the bill like a glove.

As far as more laymen animals go, I'd like to see a tick or a flamingo sometime in the future.

Back