• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that are not Pokemon yet.....

Years
    ^^ Um... Magikarp?
    sure, it isn't much od a Pokemon, LOL, but it's still a goldfish. So are Goldeen and Seaking, Finneon and Lumineon are too!

You do realize, that not every fish is a goldfish? xD I mean magikarp is clearly a karp.. which is completely different from a goldfish o.o Goldeen is , yeah.

I'd like to see a raptor pokémon. :3

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2014
    I wanna see a worm Pokemon. Not a caterpillar or larva Pokemon like Caterpie or Weedle, but a real worm. I mainly wanna see it because I think Dunsparce and Magikarp have been the most useless for too long. Lol.

Marowak10

Skull Wearer
    Years
    A Narwhal-ish Pokemon.
    I mean really, they have their own song.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwqXuMPsoc
    EDIT: I want to add the names.
    Narspike-evolves to
    Ninjwhal-evolves to
    Uberwhal.
    And also, some moves to go with it.
    Tsunami Star
    Ice Sword
    Some other already known moves:
    Water Pulse
    Leech Life/Poison Sting (for Narspike)
    Drill peck/MegaHorn(for Uberwhal)
    Those slashed moves depend on gender, BTW.
    Narspike would be a black eel-ish PKMN with silver spikes covering him, mush like Huntail.
    Ninjwhal whould look like a Narwhal but human- the tail for an arm, and the (kick-ass facial)horn for the other arm. sam scheme, but the tail, horn, and accent detailing would be silver, with black body.
    Uberwhal would just look like a ninja narwhal, black body and ninja mask, with silver skin and black eyes. It would have Ninja stars on its sides, and it's horn would be silver.

Last edited:

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    Yeah, because Tyrannosauruses often turned into Cocoons before reaching maturity, right?

Catman9222

1337 l\/l4573R
    Years
    And eruopean dragons did?(bagon-shellgon-salamence)
    oh and house cats become wild jungle cats too (choroneko-leapardas)
    And my favorite pigs grow up into MAMMOTHS (swinub-piloswine-mamoswine)

(P.S. Goldfish were first bred in asia from golden colored carp, just so you know)

Last edited:

Ayselipera

Yeah, because Tyrannosauruses often turned into Cocoons before reaching maturity, right?

A lot of Pokemon aren't based on just solely one thing. The whole Tyranitar line could be based on both a dinosaur and some type of legend that involved a pupa stage. The way I see it the evolution line is an example of a life form starting out as a child, (Larvitar) going through years of growing up/coming to power, (Pupitar) and then finally reaching it's full potential/adult stage (Tyranitar.)

The Pupa stage could simply just be a symbol for the years or however long any living thing takes to get from when they are born to when they become an adult. Either that or I see it as a stage that Larvitar must go through before becoming a Tyranitar because of how powerful it is. Although I'm sure if you dig around on the internet you'll find it's based on either some type of myth, legend, or animal. I just thought I'd share that you can look at it from a different approach.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
    I don't think this one has been said but I'd like to see an Okapi Pokemon ^^
    Oh, and maybe a narwhal =D
    This guy is like part Narwhal. Some users though the this guy was a samurai, that was a cross beteen either a seal and a narwhal or an otter and a narwhal. Because of the horn and fin obviously XD

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
    I want a Moose, a Parasaurolophus, a Gryphon, a Dolphin, a Koala, a Python, a Diatryma, a Spinosaurus, a Jaguar, a Swordfish, and a Liopleurodon most.

iRyu

Why is he smiling? The Father?
    Years

This guy is like part Narwhal. Some users though the this guy was a samurai, that was a cross beteen either a seal and a narwhal or an otter and a narwhal. Because of the horn and fin obviously XD

Part Narwhal Part Pegasus in my opinion. Definitely my 2nd Favorite pokemon to Gallade now.

I'd love to see a moose though.

Years
    I want a fire-ground sasquatch or how about a ice-fighting yeti (not abomasnow the fat and angry christmas tree). Maybe a grass-flying quetzal. A Yak, or a frilled lizard, how about a dodo.
    Here are some more
    • cloud leopard
    • toucan
    • hornbill
    • woodpecker
    • a fly
    • fire ant
    • poison dart frog
    • hummingbird
    • the many species of antelope
    • the many species of primates (not just gorillas and monkeys)
    • emu
    • ostrich
    • weedy sea dragon
    Those are just a few, there are WAY MORE than these

*Oh and I know that no one is is going to agree with me on this, but how about another turtle. Maybe a steel type?

Nohr

Long-time Trainer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Nov 24, 2016
    I want a fire-ground sasquatch or how about a ice-fighting yeti (not abomasnow the fat and angry christmas tree). Maybe a grass-flying quetzal. A Yak, or a frilled lizard, how about a dodo.

Here are some more
    • cloud leopard
    • toucan
    • hornbill
    • woodpecker
    • a fly
    • fire ant
    • poison dart frog
    • hummingbird
    • emu
    • ostrich
    • weedy sea dragon

Weedy sea dragon = Kingdra
    Poison dart frog= Croagunk
    Chimchar=Chimp
    Doduo= Ostrich/Emu/Dodo mix

Otherwise, your other ideas are decent, particularly the fire-ant, I'd love to see that. Though the Antelope would be very similar to Stantler/The new Gen V deer thing.

Ayselipera

Here are some more
    • cloud leopard
    • toucan
    • hornbill
    • woodpecker
    • a fly
    • fire ant
    • poison dart frog
      [*]hummingbird
    • emu
    • ostrich
    • weedy sea dragon
    Those are just a few, there are WAY MORE than these

*Oh and I know that no one is is going to agree with me on this, but how about another turtle. Maybe a steel type?

I love your idea of a hummingbird. I don't know why that's never crossed my mind before. I really hope that if they ever did go about basing a Pokemon on a hummingbird it would be able to learn Fly. Humming birds are usually small so I could see Fly being pushed out of its move pool. I know I always mention that certain Pokemon should be grass types, but I really think a Humming bird Pokemon could work as one. Seeing as they eat flower nectar I could see a flying/grass dual typing being thrown in! :)

Back