• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that aren't Pokemon yet...

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm still hoping for a dolphin, flamingo, and pistol shrimp.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    ^Oh Bidoof and its evolved form *shrugs*

I don't know what. I would say otter but Gen V already took care of it.

I guess praying mantis?
    Gen 5? Buizel and Floatzel were Gen 4.

Scyther is your praying mantis.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012

2.) Roach (I know it is not an animal but it is a common household pest that I'm pretty sure many people will want to kill in the games and have fun with)
    3.) Saber-tooth tiger (just because they look cool and they made a Mammoth Pokemon so why not a Saber-tooth?)

2.) Yes, I want it to kill it
    3.) Raikou is based on one(kinda) iirc

Well what does Spiritomb resemble to?Lol.

Bears?(Theres Teddiursa and Ursaring, I Dont know if Beartic is one.)

What does Carvanha resemble to?Since it evolves to a Shark Pokemon.

iirc Munchlax and Snorlax are based on bears; the eating before and the hibernation part specifically

Alright, I find that pseudo-acceptable. But how about the echidna (←which PC's spell-check says doesn't exist)?

Cyndaquil is kinda based on an echidna

Weber

Thats Farfetch'd
    Years
    • Seen Oct 29, 2013
    i think there should be some more variants of what we already have because alot of things keep being brought up that they are already made, but if they made some different birds and things like that i think it might help, and also if they didnt give them all the same stupid normal and flying combo.

which brings me to another point of having more typing combos, like if they made a new bird and given a new typing it would be pretty awesome in the begining like ground and flying or something like that (i know there is gligar already)

but i think it would be pretty cool if they made a pokemon based on a whale skeleton and make it dark and water type or water and ghost.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Gen 5? Buizel and Floatzel were Gen 4.

Scyther is your praying mantis.

I think he might have been talking about oshawatt. Or however it's spelled.

Don't think we have a tiger or grasshopper pokemon.

Or a flea.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • Rampardos isn't a T-Rex; it's a Pachycephalosaurus.

According to Bulbapedia, Typhlosion could be based on wolverines, weasels or badgers.

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but I think there should be a Pokemon based on a cheetah.

Think again,Cranidos and Rampardos are actually Stygimoloch Pokemon due to the spikes around their head.

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • Too lazy to read the entire thread to see if this has been suggested, but what about a porcupine? If there's already one, I'd like to know lol.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • ^Isn't Cyndaquil's chain based around a porcupine?

Kola Bear, Panda, Crow, Turkey, Tasmanian Devils, Kangaroos, Worm, and Donkey

I know there are some that are similar, but I would like to see direct influence.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    Spinda is a Panda. Just read the name... and they look the same. The crows would be Murkrow and Honchkrow. They look similar except that the Pokemon have "hats". Also, Kangaskhan is based off a kangaroo, since it has the pouch in its stomach and the same mammalian features. Other than that, they don't look that similar IMO.

As for a porcupine, I guess Shaymin could be one although I saw it more as a hedgehog.

Ritzz

Bazinga
    Years
  • ^Isn't Cyndaquil's chain based around a porcupine?

I know there are some that are similar, but I would like to see direct influence.

Wurmple's a worm or a caterpillar I guess.

But isn't Keldeo a donkey? At least I thought it was.

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
  • What about parrots? I love parrots and so far they haven't made one i don't think. correct me if I'm wrong.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    What about parrots? I love parrots and so far they haven't made one i don't think. correct me if I'm wrong.
    Eh, there's Chatot but it's more like a parakeet than a parrot. They can both talk though.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
    Years
  • Well, yeah I forgot about Honchrow/Murkorw
    Spinda, hmm it isn't a favorite of mine, but it does exist
    I would like to see a Kangaroo that is a lot more flexable looking than bulky
    Wurmple is a caterpillar,

DoctorFred

I am not amused. ಠ_ಠ
    Years
  • Wurmple's a worm or a caterpillar I guess.

But isn't Keldeo a donkey? At least I thought it was.

Wurmple def is a caterpillar, not a worm.
    Keldeo is a water pony/unicorn.

I personally would like to see A graboid-like worm pokemon, with a ground/bug typing.

Well, yeah I forgot about Honchrow/Murkorw
    Spinda, hmm it isn't a favorite of mine, but it does exist
    I would like to see a Kangaroo that is a lot more flexable looking than bulky
    Wurmple is a caterpillar,

No matter how many times i hear it, i will not be convinced that kangaskhan is based on a Kangaroo. It seems to me to be based off marsupials in general. Anyway, a more flexible, faster kangaroo sounds like a good idea to me. Fighting or Normal/Fighting sounds like a plausible typing.

Back