• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that aren't Pokemon yet...

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
  • Didn't want to revive an old thread.

Let's see..

I think we need a Sabertooth Cat. An actual one. One that's a bit more realistic than Raikou. And make it Rock/Ice type.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    We can say DINOSAURS have a bunch of good ones

I've been working on a few make-up story, I need help on deciding 6 Tiger Pokemon? I have suggested Arcanine & Raikou, there aren't any other 4 Tiger-like figures? Really hoping not to include Entei/Suicune..even those they are dogs

Here are the Animals they haven't yet created:

Dolphins
    Wolves (Mightyena looks like a Hyena, hint the rhythm of the name)
    Puffin (A bird, Icy Bird) Other than Articuno
    Goats?
    Turkey
    Peacock
    Worm
    Godzilla? (lol)
    Jack-O-Lantern-like Ghost Pokemon?

Last edited:

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    The following are Ho-oh,Mandibuzz and Braivary.
    I've always thought of Ho-Oh being a Rainbow Bird rather than a Turkey, but now that I look at him, I see where he gets his looks. Turkey-licious! :D

Yes, scratch the other two, I'll edit the list

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • Has there been a pokemon based off the Emu?

Not entirely sure if Doduo or Dodrio count in that regard as they could be Ostrich's and can fly, plus they're too big.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • The following are Ho-oh,Mandibuzz and Braivary.

Not sure Ho-oh is a turkey, I think he's a Phoenix.

Dolphins
    Goats?
    Peacock
    Worm
    Godzilla? (lol)

Adding to that list koala, swordfish and orca whales.

Palladium

2012 FTW!
    Years
  • Doduo and Dodrio can't fly, they can just jump high, in some cases Flying type applies to bird types rather than those that can fly, an example is Golurk, that can fly but it's not flying type.
    Also, Lanturn is a dolphin, Sector

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Doduo and Dodrio can't fly, they can just jump high, in some cases Flying type applies to bird types rather than those that can fly, an example is Golurk, that can fly but it's not flying type.
    Lanturn is an "Anglerfish"

Dolphins don't have lights neither lol

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
  • Ho-oh is NOT a turkey! It's based on the Eastern styled Phoenix (whearas Moltres is based on a westernized version, or a firebird rather). The magnificent tail is reminiscent, though, of a peacock, which are famed and regarded with adoration in Eastern culture.

But since we're being meticulous about it..
    I've been wanting a dolphin Pokemon from the start. And no, we do not have a dolphin. Lanturn and Gorebyss are not cetaceans.

Lanturn is based on an anglerfish, and though Bulbapedia says it has dolphin-like characteristics, I don't agree it's enough to label Lanturn a "dolphin".
    No proper beak, no dorsal fin (nor blowhole), and it is certainly lacking in the proper fins- dolphins have a fluke, which lays horizontally. Mammals swim differently than fish...which is what Lanturn is. Just because it has a rounded body and smiling expression is not enough to call it a dolphin.

If anything, Lanturn is based on a mix of angler fish and porpoise.
    Apologies for the rant, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Getting on...I want a snow leopard and more cats, like an electric cheetah.
    Lemurs, hammerhead sharks, I'd also like to add jaguarundis or civets, harpy eagles, big-horned sheep or gazelle, tamarins and PROPER red pandas.
    Donkeys, Giant Squids, Koalas....and a cockatiel that evolves into a cockatoo.

How about some mythical creatures? A hippocampus or pegasus Pokemon? A sphinx, sirens, griffins...

Last edited:

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • Doduo and Dodrio can't fly, they can just jump high, in some cases Flying type applies to bird types rather than those that can fly, an example is Golurk, that can fly but it's not flying type.

They can learn fly. At least, Dodrio can learn it, and I severely doubt that Dodrio could jump from the Johto safari zone to New Bark Town or the Pokemon League :P

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Ho-oh is NOT a turkey! It's based on the Eastern styled Phoenix (whearas Moltres is based on a westernized version, or a firebird rather). The magnificent tail is reminiscent, though, of a peacock, which are famed and regarded with adoration in Eastern culture.

But since we're being meticulous about it..
    I've been wanting a dolphin Pokemon from the start. And no, we do not have a dolphin. Lanturn and Gorebyss are not cetaceans.

Lanturn is based on an anglerfish, and though Bulbapedia says it has dolphin-like characteristics, I don't agree it's enough to label Lanturn a "dolphin".
    No proper beak, no dorsal fin (nor blowhole), and it is certainly lacking in the proper fins- dolphins have a fluke, which lays horizontally. Mammals swim differently than fish...which is what Lanturn is. Just because it has a rounded body and smiling expression is not enough to call it a dolphin.

If anything, Lanturn is based on a mix of angler fish and porpoise.

Apologies for the rant, but it's one of my biggest pet peeves.

Like I mentioned it in my previous post and I agree. I don't see Ho-Oh as a Turkey, and they are all birds, they do have to have some resemblance whatsoever. I just simply see Ho-Oh the same way you do, a rainbow bird who is actually a Phoenix. Not to mention they both stands for Fire.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I know that we have plenty of bird-based Pokemon, but how about a hummingbird-based Pokemon? I'm sure that there isn't a hummingbird Pokemon somewhere.

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • Zigzagoon is a raccoon, hence the name . . . And Zoroark is a wolf.

I'd like to see a Pokemon based off the humble kiwi. It could be a Flying/Ground type, seeing as it's flightless. And for the Bugs, a weta. I'm being all native and stuff here, but I haven't seen any NZ animals being made into Pokemon.

And what about those giant flightless birds from prehistoric times? The ones with the large heads that are related to the ostrich and emu, but stood over three metres tall? The name escapes me. I don't think it's Aepyornis.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    I wonder if there are any microscopic Pokemon? Maybe Pokerus is an actual bacterial species of Pokemon?

Years
  • Here are the Animals they haven't yet created:

Dolphins
    Goats?
    Turkey
    Peacock
    Worm
    Godzilla? (lol)
    [/COLOR]

nice i think godzilla would make a great pokemon XD lol as for animals that havent been made yet i'd go with this list: lobster
    peacock
    pink flamingo
    T-rex
    velociraptor
    Tribbles *from star trek but it could be a good if not funny one XD*
    kangaroo
    antalope
    i cant think of any others right now but i'm sure there are plenty more than this.

Back