• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animation Studios

zakisrage

In the trunk on Highway 10
Years
  • You might think this is rather odd, but my favourite studio is Tatsunoko. I've watched most of their series and I am a huge fan of them. They have a lot of good shonen series. I watch the original Japanese version of Gatchaman quite often (I recommend skipping the dubs/macekres and watching the original). The biggest series I like, though, is Yatterman, which has no English dub. The original and the remake are hilarious. My friend Ashley and I are HUGE fans of Yatterman - it's a shame that most people in my country have never heard of it. (There's also a live-action Yatterman movie. Ashley likes the movie too. My feelings about the movie are more mixed due to deviations from the show.) Even their shojo series (such as Cinderella Monogatari) are quite good.

(You probably knew that I love Yatterman because Gan-chan is in my avatar.)

zZJoennZz

What da!?
    Years
  • KyoAni for their animation style. No other reason. Well some of their picks are quite great like TMoHS, Clannad and FMP. Next is SHAFT without a doubt. Their style were just creative and unique in some ways. Another one? I cannot think one because some of the studios have their ups and downs regarding their animation or anime picks.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen yesterday
    To be honest, the beautiful scenery found in PA Works' anime is the primary reason why I love that studio. I also quite like Sunrise primarily due to their mecha anime (Code Geass, just to name an example), as well as their adaptions of Daily Lives of High School Boys and Binbougami Ga.
    I'm also fond of Shaft due to Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei and Monogatari.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
  • I said previously that studio MADHOUSE was among my faves. Scratch that. They are THE best according to me. Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust, Trigun, Kaiji, Monster, All of Kon's movies, Ippo, Hunter X Hunter, Hosoda Mamoru's movies, Redline. I haven't seen this amount of variation and consistently high level of animation anywhere else. And they don't even shy away from long series like studios that prefer to stick to high-budget short series - KyoAni comes to mind.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Before Trigger was a thing, Gainax would be my pick for doing crazy anime in general. Best studio when it comes to trolling viewers when it comes to endings.

SHAFT for their unique art style and producing great shows overall - Monogatari series and Madoka.

Back