• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Charcter Drawings (revival)

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    good work on the newest art gilbertman, can't wait for Friday to see the next lot and possibly the character Gilbert from the chronicles episode I mentioned. there's no rush, I can see you have loads to do, just dont forget like.

Last edited:

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    Good Friday afternoon! This is a bump to the first page so my favorite PC artist can access it easier when he comes with his picture of Clair
    I have a halfday today so I got out early. And this week I've been drawing up a storm on psp

good afterno...... err morning good morning o forgot your on the east coast so your like what 3 hours ahead, anyhow great to see ya!

well isnt a great day today, ahhhhh im very happy not only did i whip up some of what i think might be some of the best pics ive done, but i also went to an awesome concert tuesday, it went to go see Hot Hot Heat, Weezer and Foo Fighters, it was an awesome show, all 3 bands had great performances, it was awesome(hmm not sure i fi used the word awesome enough) but anyway half days were always the best, i wish i were in school still cuz if i was i would'nt have gone to school all this week cuz the school district my siblings go to is on strike, so theyve been home alllllll weeeek, and my little bro is really getting on my nerves,

okay lets get to why im here t'is...i got soul but im not a soldier, got soul but im not a soldier....opps sorry listening to The Killers on the radio........im here for the pics, since ive got an uneven number of drawings this week will start out with one drawing, but to make it interesting i'll go into the history of this character,

it is my original character Krystal, i dont have the reeaaallly old pic of her but the olderst drawing is this one:

this is the second generation drawing, i designed her while listening to "My December" remix from Linkin Park's Reanimation CD, it had a very wintery sound to it which was the inspriation for her, i designed here to be an ice-type gym leader from my region the "Manara Region"

then i redid here:

i lightened all her colors changed her hair abit, also of course i changed the cut of her dress at the top and changed her necklace design

and now i have the newest and final version of Krystal:

she has the same colors as the sencond ersion but her hair is so much better, also her eye color was changed from a bright blue to a beautiful purple color, also the top of her dress was also altered again, also i added the details to the finges of her dress to add a little...ahh zing i guess, and also her necklace was changed from a round thing to a jewel, so im super happy how she turned out

Bailey: Upgrade
    Bashou/Buson: Upgrade
    Blue: Upgrade
    Drew :Refine lineart
    Fire Red (hero):
    Gai: Upgrade
    Jackson: Upgrade
    Juliet: Upgrade
    Kamon: Colors are a tad too bright.
    Kamon closeup:

Lisa (third movie): Upgrade
    May: Right now she looks like she was ged. It's her eyes
    May closeup: With both May's, the eyes are a lil stoned.
    May (Emerald): Upgrade
    Melody: Upgrade
    Mondo: Upgrade

Rebecca (Destiny Deoxys): Upgrade
    Richie: Upgrade and work on anotomy!
    Roxanne: Upgrade
    Rui: Brighten blue to a turquoise. Make sure stripes are all straight.
    Ryan (Destiny Deoxys):
    Sakura: Upgrade
    Shauna: Upgrade

Steven close up: Doesn't even look like Steven!
    Toshiki: BIG HEAD!
    Trinity: Upgrade
    Trixie: Upgrade
    Trixie close up
    Yoshi/Kenta: Upgrade

To do

Agatha
    Blaine
    Bruno
    Butch
    Cassidy
    Janette (girl from Indigo league with Bellsprout)
    Lily (casual)
    Mary/Ken
    Max
    Professor Birch
    Professor Elm
    Professor Westwood
    Professor Oak
    i agree with all that and ive actually made a list of hat im going to do for the next month and a lot of those you mention are on the list

and thanks everyone for their comments! :)

okay that was a lot of writing, more drawings to come!

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Ju-Ju! That newest version is insanely, magnificantly, incredibly, amazingly awesome and beautiful! The proportions couldn't be better, the lineart is smooooth and impeccable and I think I should add a hall of fame to the folder I made with your stuff in it. It's called "Ju-Ju" I also have one by "Soara" that's the Pokesho collection.
    Come back with more, like now! *is awed and drooling*

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    Ju-Ju! That newest version is insanely, magnificantly, incredibly, amazingly awesome and beautiful! The proportions couldn't be better, the lineart is smooooth and impeccable and I think I should add a hall of fame to the folder I made with your stuff in it. It's called "Ju-Ju" I also have one by "Soara" that's the Pokesho collection.
    Come back with more, like now! *is awed and drooling*

:) yay so you like the new lineart, its a very small change but makes the drawings look sooo much better all i did was instead of drawing the lineart 1 pixel thick...wait for it... it drew it 2 pixels thick!.......yes that little change i think make a world of difference

okay more how bout

Drake:

Katrina:

i dont know theres someshing off abit about drake awell
    got 8 more drawings to go

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Phantom_Bugsy said:
    Oh god, I wanna **** Drake. *___*

...I mean....

Wow. :0 That looks wicked cool. >D YayforDrakeomfg.

gracias! thanks a lot!

next 2

Brodi/Bannai( Ribbon Cup Outfit):

eeek and here we go, hope this is good enough for the Clair fans out there:

Clair(hiking outfit):

:)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    IS THAT CLAIR!!!!
    Clair: shizit, I look GOOD! *kisses Ju-Ju*
    CC: *swats Clair* he's mine. Ju-Ju-chan, I seriously had a Clairgasm there. Only bad thing is that I'm so obsessed with her hot face that I currently dont see any cons even though there are some. I'd make this my wallpaper but I just redesigned my wallpaper, instead of Clair it's now Mary.
    This is goin' STRAIGHT to my Clair folder!
    Edit: Now that I'm looking at her a little clearer, it seems her eyes are much too light. They should be more of this color or even darker

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    IS THAT CLAIR!!!!
    Clair: shizit, I look GOOD! *kisses Ju-Ju*
    CC: *swats Clair* he's mine. Ju-Ju-chan, I seriously had a Clairgasm there. Only bad thing is that I'm so obsessed with her hot face that I currently dont see any cons even though there are some. I'd make this my wallpaper but I just redesigned my wallpaper, instead of Clair it's now Mary.
    This is goin' STRAIGHT to my Clair folder!
    Edit: Now that I'm looking at her a little clearer, it seems her eyes are much too light. They should be more of this color or even darker

so its better then the last clair pic i did ...XD..... i had some trouble with her face, it whould help if the animators drew her more consistently, cuz at sometimes she looks so different from time to time, it was hard to find a perfect pic fro the refrence

*blushes* thanks CLair...errrm i mean keep your distance CLair, glad you like yourself

next 2 pics

Harley:

and Lucca

heres the old pic i did of her:

so scary

and Lucca now:

and i darked Clairs eyes:

Phantom_Bugsy

Le Malade Imaginaire
    Years
    I mentioned this in your Serebii thread...his shirt is a little too stiff and squarish IMO. This could all be solved by making him shirtless~ ;D But yeah, the shirt needs more detail or at least don't make it so stiff. :0 He's a skinny boy, his shirt needs to flooooow. <3

And for some reason, something about his waist is bugging me. XD Dunno what though. Might be too narrow, might not have enough detail...I'm like...on codeine right now so I'm all cuckoo and I have NO CLUE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT OR WHAT I'M DOING. XD

TODD, SHARE MY CODEINE WITH ME. *swig*

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Crystal Clair: Hey Ju-Ju, we're having a Friday night party. So many great things are happening. The school day was half because it was that infamous afternoon the parents meet the teachers at my high school. My mom came home happy though. I guess I'm up to her standards.
    I also added an anime-style background and fixed the colors to that Clair picture. It's https://img467.imageshack.us/img467/5374/clairjuju9wq.png
    Stupid special hyperlink doesn't work. WHY'D WE HAVE TO UPGRADEA T_T I cant quick post anymore. Btw, I got a Photobucket gallery.
    Clair: Crystal, you missed Luka and Harley when you were busy gazing at me.
    CC: Yatta! You did Harley! That's going in my Harley folder.... wait I have a Ju-Ju folder. Decisions, decisions
    Ash: Crystal Clair broke the top screen of her ds. She'll post a picture of what it looks like a bit later. She still plays her games on it though.
    CC: Oh yeah.... about that. Listen Ash! Dont tell my dad about that! He gets really angry about that stuff.
    Misty: Hey, Amanda! Is it true, your parents are attaching a deck to the back of your house?
    CC: Yes but uh, if I told that to my friends on PC, they'd be jealous.
    Misty: Well I wrote it so they'll know anyway.
    CC: Now I know why Ash was so happy about leaving you in GCYL.
    Misty: WHAT!!!!

Himawarii

LOOOONGITUDE
    Years
    gilbertman said:
    some one like....

Todd:

foggive the camera, it was a pain in the rumpus to do

and Mariah:

and thankies Shampoo!

welcome.I like how you did Mariah^_^I don't recall her at the moment but hec,I can see this pic almost as equal as the anime one.^_^Good job on the others too,they look splendid.^.^

BTW,when are ya doing another G/S/C rival pic(I saw you're pic of him at the 1st page and dang,he looked sooo smexxy*_*)Just wondering^-^

Overall,great job,can't wait to see more!
    Something about the way you mkae hands,I like thta style!

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Phantom_Bugsy said:
    I mentioned this in your Serebii thread...his shirt is a little too stiff and squarish IMO. This could all be solved by making him shirtless~ ;D But yeah, the shirt needs more detail or at least don't make it so stiff. :0 He's a skinny boy, his shirt needs to flooooow. <3

And for some reason, something about his waist is bugging me. XD Dunno what though. Might be too narrow, might not have enough detail...I'm like...on codeine right now so I'm all cuckoo and I have NO CLUE WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT OR WHAT I'M DOING. XD

TODD, SHARE MY CODEINE WITH ME. *swig*

yes i know, i was noticing that today and since i dont have the full sized pics i cant make any major edits to it now but ill get on that

lol CC, lol did i mention i internet lingo, you really dont like the faded black do ya CC, i do that cuz thats how it is in the AG, and not to mention my dang computer screen is sooo dark, awell, but nic landscape BG, am jealous, :P

okay last 2 of the week

Diana/Miku:

and last but not least Robert:

hmm theres gotta be a way to get more people to come to this thread, hmmmm, well i guess people coming to this thread isnt the prob, since the views are over 23,000 now but no tthat many comments, come on people, if ya like the drawing post, it really motivates me when people post, off course as long as all my regulars are here all always make more pics

well next week who do we have on the agenda..........

we have
    -Bruno
    -Greta
    -Sammy Oak
    -????

well ill come up with more soon

okay heres a question to leave you all with, the Backgrounds should they stay oor should they go? i dont know doing BGs take time to design em so they look good, should i continue to add backgrounds or should i go with just a whit background? you decide!

Last edited:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    you really dont like the faded black do ya CC, i do that cuz thats how it is in the AG, and not to mention my dang computer screen is sooo dark
    About the "me hating the faded black", there's a few reasons for it
    1. When doing an evil villian with faded black, it makes the characters look less evil and mysterious
    2. You're more likely to get closer to the anime-style if you use black. Pokesho faded their black because they do their lineart in gray and it'd look weird so dark.
    If your computer screen is dark, maybe there's a way to adjust it.
    Hey, I have a request, remember that Shauna pic that you showed how you did it 'n stuff. You could do another tutorial like that so people will stop asking and asking if you really do it in paint. Boy, I saw someone on Serebii who said "he probably doesn't use paint.
    IMBHO, people who dont use the original colors of the show are lazy.
    Oh shat! I'm brilliant! You can join the mspaint club since you do most parts of your drawing via the beautiful program.

Back