• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Charcter Drawings (revival)

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Mario The World Champion said:
    Maybe he had something sudden he had to take care of.

Crap. And I'm working on this Friday too!! So, I'll miss out on the newest stuff. ><

yes i had something very immportant, well actually not i just bought ,EPISODE 3 REVENGE OF THE SITH!!!!!!! on saturday so ive spend the last 2 days watching every bit of extra content on the disc, as well as watching the movie like 5 times, im sorry i love my Star Wars, it was my first love and obsession, now my movie collection is complete........

okay sorry bout that ohh yeah, its perfectly fine Mario you can put my pics anywhere, i dont mind, so ahh lets pick up where we left off friday....

for now i'll just do one drawing and thats Rafe from Destiny Deoxys,

here is the original of Rafe:

and the new pic of

Rafe:

more to come soon, after i make me some lunch

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Hero of legend said:
    Do you draw pokemon, or do you just do the people?

i also draw pokemon, but i have a different thread for that, but it looks like no one has commented on it for a while, :(

well 2 more drawings:

Blue from FR/LG:

and Elite 4 Member Bruno:

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Thank goodness you're back! You got me worried
    You wouldn't believe what happened today, two things
    In my computer class, Photoshop was acting up on me and I lost my patience and simply walked out of the room.
    I was eating one of those lemon balls and one of my brace brackets came off and now I have a loose wire in my mouth (very disturbing)

About Ryuu: One problem, is his English name Rafe or Ryan. I remember seeing the movie and thinking he was Ryan but then I google Rafe and get him and you call him Rafe. (well, it's better than the times I called him Sid) meh, so confusing, I call him Ryuu now.
    Did I mention he's ultra hot?
    Okay, here you aren't that bad but Ryuu's drawn rather differently because he is a movie character.
    The top shine in his eyes is too big, it should be smaller like

A few other problems
    He isn't that old, like seventeen or eighteen so his shoulders shouldn't be so broad.
    His legs are rather short.
    Oh, btw if my speech sounds rather formal, it's because I'm writing a story that takes place in the early 1700s and they sure did speak much different back then.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Okay, it seems that you posted again while I was writing my post (I was also cleaning my room at the same time fyi
    There's only one big problem with blue, those eyes, it's like you're going back into your old groove. Try to at least make the sides of the "arches" with the lashes longer so they look more Pokemon-y
    Dont hurt me for saying this but.....
    Thank you! Come again!

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    yes i know about Rafe's eyes i did that purposely cuz i dont really like how they did the eyes in Destiny Deoxys, makes em look retarded or something
    ,and as for blues eyes, i dont think theyre is anything wrong May's eyes are like that:
    https://img435.imageshack.us/img435/3494/m1od.jpg
    the outside isnt any longer, but if you think it should be changed i can do it
    but ill have to write myself a note to make sure i dont keep mking that mistake

anywhoo thanks everyone for the comments everyone! :)

last 2 pics are the 2 Battle Frontier Leaders who have appeared in the anime

Battle Factory LEader Noland:

and
    Battle Areana Leader Greta:

well there ya go, yipee,

1700, that was a long time ago, err where for art thou for thy consanant tis to be, eeer maybe not, well thats cool, CC i can hardly write in modern english, yo ??????????

well alright then hope you all have a great week, and see ya friday!

anakin

resigned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    You have Revenge of The Sith so do I. The Mustafar battle was awsome wasnt it. I think Anakin kicks but so dose Obi wan. It was cool how Anakin Beheaded Count Dooku two Lightsaber scissor cut. Hey I have an idea Can you draw a Pic of what Anakin and Obi wan would look in anime. That would be cool if you thinks it a good idea let me know and Ill post two promo pics of the real characters. May you let me know by posting at my Sammy Oak club becase I rarely check my Private Messages. And if you hadny check yours and saw my message Angain I love to say Im soryy for my rudemess the other day.

ShinyEspeon

Lookin' for Light of Hope
    Years
    Hi everybody!!I am happy because we have new characters pictures.I like new Rafe.In my opinion he looks much better.I love new Greta and Noland, good job Gilbertman.Maybe you can update more people with Elite Four(Karen,Phoebe,Sidney,Prima and Glacia)??Good idea,isn't it??;)

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    What do you meen by disapointed C_Claire?

Anyway ^_^ I'm sorry I didint post sooner but your shading is so adorable. I love the poses you place your drawings in and the pokemon that is inside with this thread really shows that the owners arnt all that counts in such a style =D I love the back to back colored ones most and the large profile ones with a bunch of detail that shows off the personality on the chari in each image ^^ good luck on keeping it updated. I'm so proud to see so many drawings in one thread other then forest grovyles ^^

Though hers is great as well. Seeing another one with such nice updates really makes the excitment =D

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    What do you meen by disapointed C_Claire?
    4getabout it, it doesn't matter. He was going to make a new art thread and this one is not far from 50.
    your shading is so adorable
    Shading, adorable? Now I've heard everything.
    I had an idea, it would be to do all the characters you didn't do at all yet coughcassidybutchcough so you'd be even with all your characters. (they have feelings too)
    XD cya around, i guess

Freenaturearts

Mentor in oekaki
    Years
    o_o; to me the shading is adorable. It's not that its in a sertan way but the emotion I feel from his images are truly original and show some effects of what people with true care and respect in their work can do ^^.

As for the 50th thread =D I dont think the amount of threads really count when it comes to people ^^ A artist should actualy be enceraged to make a art thread for every single drawing to give each one a round of C&C without the input from the other drawings themselfs and so they can stand out and be more consentrated on =D I would do it but I never have just one picture and it would take forever though I have already done so on Deviant and myspace^^.

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, gilbertman!

I have finally updated the Officer Jenny section of my website with your pics. And like I promised, I gave you credit for doing them. ^^ Swing by sometime and leave a remark.

On, I was just wondering. Do you still take requests for original characters? Because I got one hell of an idea!!!

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    HELLO STARSHINE, THE EARTH SAYS HELLO! .....O_o

wow im in a good mood today, :)

hows everyone!?

anakin said:
    You have Revenge of The Sith so do I. The Mustafar battle was awsome wasnt it. I think Anakin kicks but so dose Obi wan. It was cool how Anakin Beheaded Count Dooku two Lightsaber scissor cut. Hey I have an idea Can you draw a Pic of what Anakin and Obi wan would look in anime. That would be cool if you thinks it a good idea let me know and Ill post two promo pics of the real characters. May you let me know by posting at my Sammy Oak club becase I rarely check my Private Messages. And if you hadny check yours and saw my message Angain I love to say Im soryy for my rudemess the other day.

sweet, best movie of all time, yes the Mustafar duel was wicked cool, i loved it all, hmmmmm, star wars characters in anime style ill hafta look in to that

Freenaturearts said:
    Anyway ^_^ I'm sorry I didint post sooner but your shading is so adorable. I love the poses you place your drawings in and the pokemon that is inside with this thread really shows that the owners arnt all that counts in such a style =D I love the back to back colored ones most and the large profile ones with a bunch of detail that shows off the personality on the chari in each image ^^ good luck on keeping it updated. I'm so proud to see so many drawings in one thread other then forest grovyles ^^

Though hers is great as well. Seeing another one with such nice updates really makes the excitment =D

well thank you so much! :) and yes FGs are great well there beyond great, she's probably da best around these parts

Crystal Clair said:
    meh, I'm feeling so drowsy, like my pet caterpillar that I'm raising named Caterpie.

he, i love it! a catepliar maned Caterpie, so cute

Mario The World Champion said:
    Hey, gilbertman!

I have finally updated the Officer Jenny section of my website with your pics. And like I promised, I gave you credit for doing them. ^^ Swing by sometime and leave a remark.

On, I was just wondering. Do you still take requests for original characters? Because I got one hell of an idea!!!

cool ill have to swing by your site, i as for taking requests i really like to keep that to a minimum but im always open to ideas, who knows if i really like it i will actually use and idea XD

well ahhh yay, lets boogey! errr boogie! ummm boogy! ohhh whatever...................

first 2 pics:

one of the characters ive drawn far too much, well too many times, maybe if i could get him right i whouldnt have to draw him so much

Brawly:

and the woman who seems to be at every single pokemon contest, well of course shes at everyone cuz she's the announcer for it, ittttsssss

Vivian:

well got 4 more drawings,

hows everyone doing from their day off of school,(well the people who go to school and dont have to work out in the cold wetness, sorry cold day of work today)

wait ive got the stargest feeling like i should draw some characters ive never done before, like Butch and Cassidy, hmmmmm.............

Back