• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Charcter Drawings (revival)

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Phantom_Bugsy said:
    LOVELINA! :0

Ewww, Red.

BUT LOVELINA! Both came out awesome, I just Red. XD

ooohhh how could you Red? well yeah im not his biggest fan either but hey gotta give characters equal time

and thats my bad Red-Kun, i dont know much about the manga so i never thought to look into what saga that was from

glad everyones liking Lovelina, I for one really loved how she turned out

and @ Hero Of Legend #1- i'll fix my avatar...eventually
    #2- i'll do the Jirachi pic...... eventually.. dont worry you'll get used to it just ask anyone around it takes a looonnnggg time for me to fil peoples request, patience is the key

well next 2 pics

one of the Kimono/Eevee Sisters its

Sasuki:

and Noland/Datsura's assistent

Sugio:

2 more to go this week

ShinyEspeon

Lookin' for Light of Hope
    Years
    Hallo Gilbertman!!All of your drawings are really cool.You are better and better.My favourite pictures in this week are Sasuki and Lovelina(good work).I want ask you:did you finish Marina??I wonder if you do more kimono sisters and Rebecca from Destiny Deoxys.That is all you are the best;)

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    ShinyEspeon said:
    Hallo Gilbertman!!All of your drawings are really cool.You are better and better.My favourite pictures in this week are Sasuki and Lovelina(good work).I want ask you:did you finish Marina??I wonder if you do more kimono sisters and Rebecca from Destiny Deoxys.That is all you are the best;)

well thank you! more kimono sisters will be on the way soon as so is with Rebecca,

but as for Marina here you go right here:

okay sorry bad joke thats my old pic of Marina

da new Marina pic:

and the last pic of the week

Melanie:

well there ya go thats it as for next week ill post some preview pics soon

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    well i still dont know RSL, im still trying to come up with a BG style

so lets have a poll HOW SHOULD I DO THE BACKGROUNDS?
    1. NO BACKGROUNDS, JUST WHITE, like the one here:
    https://img54.imageshack.us/img54/3081/bridgette0cz.png

2. COLOR GRADIENT BACGROUND, as seen here:
    https://img521.imageshack.us/img521/7743/marina3gw.png
    3. THE NEW JAPANES LINED BACKGROUNDS(seen above)
    4. OTHER SUGGESTIONS
    please anyone, im going to kill someone if i cant figure out what type of background i should put it AHHHHHHHHHHHH

okay anyway here are some previews of some pics coming up next week:

okay thats it love ya'll and see ya around!

Last edited:

Hakuryuu

Uke Yutaka
    Years
    Sugio:

id have to say this ones my favourite in this weeks batch. Gilbertman your art is amazing and looks so close to the anime. You really have improved from your old pictures.
    could i maybe ask a request? id love to see steven in this nice new lineart... but if you cant thats fine.
    cant wait to see some more art soon

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    The silouettes are Lakoko, Ash and Silver. Those were SO easy
    About the background, why dont you combine both your styles and try new things. I'd suggest new techniques like the background of the pic of Claudia that's in my sig. The enlarged, easier to study version is here
    https://img354.imageshack.us/img354/1425/claudiaenlarged7qz.png
    I'm not sure if Photoshop has those but PaintShoppro does. And you could also try different textures, and do weird random things like checker or plaid patterns. Boy, you could even do the halftone dotted print in color and make it look insane!
    btw, no one's commented on my art thread. That picture would've been posted by now if SOMEONE had commented on my latest mangastyle. But since I dont double post.... I may have to start a new art thread T_T
    well, keep at it, this time with the backgrounds. Wait, did I say "keep at it"? Well I meant try out my suggestions. You could even pull a Maverick_from_Sppf and do real photo backgrounds and blur them but it may change the effect of the picture...
    but didn't you want something like that?
    Well, we'll see

Years
    Hey, gilbertman. I'm back from work! I'm half dead. Now to see what I can see of your new pics.

Right off the bat, I dig the new Bridgette pic. I need to break out the ZZ Top music!! XD *gives tray of art cookies*

Sugio... looks like a character that belongs in Yu-Gi-Oh. And that's not bad at all. He's sort of that rival looking guy.

The new Marina and Lovelina pics... *drools* XD More cookies!!

Melanie... cute. I like.

Sasuki... One of my new faves! *gives truckload of cookies*

The new Red pic... I like also. Overall, good work.

I think i may have a new request for you. I'll be back tomorrow if you want to hear me out. ^^

ShinyEspeon

Lookin' for Light of Hope
    Years
    Hello Gilbertman!!!I think your all pictures in this week are cute and professional;)In my opinion japanese symbols in your drawings is good idea.Thank you for work,which you do;)Im really impressed.Marina and Sasuki are the best.Maybe you can do Erica(Caledon gym leader) and Kimono sister Sumono??:)thanks again and seeya

Back