• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Charcter Drawings (revival)

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Auel said:
    Man I swear this thread is gigantic..

yes, yes it is

HEY HOWS EVERYONE?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

yes i took last week off, sorry, and not to be the bearer of bad news, no pics will posted this friday either :( im going to be busy all the rest of the week :(

buuuut....... ive been working hard and ive completed 4 drawings, yes only 4 cuz ive been experimenting with backgrounds and lineart and inm very happy how it turned out, and maybe if i go ttime today i'll upload a pic just to give ya'll something, but yeah, i got some music to download, NO NOt illegally *Cough* O_o

AHHH WHAT HAPPENED TO NY AVATAR?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ill hafta fix that

anakin

resigned
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2013
    pokecommunity was offline two days Gilbertman. it may have gotten damage then. they were doing mantance.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    yes, yes it is

HEY HOWS EVERYONE?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?

yes i took last week off, sorry, and not to be the bearer of bad news, no pics will posted this friday either :( im going to be busy all the rest of the week :(

buuuut....... ive been working hard and ive completed 4 drawings, yes only 4 cuz ive been experimenting with backgrounds and lineart and inm very happy how it turned out, and maybe if i go ttime today i'll upload a pic just to give ya'll something, but yeah, i got some music to download, NO NOt illegally *Cough* O_o

AHHH WHAT HAPPENED TO NY AVATAR?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!? ill hafta fix that
    *super glomp* I was worried about you!!!! And that pie's almost done, it's pumpkin (my favorite).
    I hope you at least post those two sillhouette pics. And put Hiisu on your list cuz he's really hot for some reason. I think it's the hair.

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    anakin said:
    pokecommunity was offline two days Gilbertman. it may have gotten damage then. they were doing mantance.

i know i was guessing that, i tried coming here monday, well here ya go ill at least give ya'll one pic this week

Sammy Oak:

i hope you guys like the new background style cuz im sticking with it cuz its simple, clean and i think looks awesome, i should also post my Marina pic but i dont know if ill have time

and YAY! the news is saying it might snow tonight, if thats so, no work tomarrow! man i hope it snows!

and hey CC! you posted as i was writing this and just for you ill post 2 preview silloettes:

and im almost to Tucker on my list so ill hafta do him soon.....

so how was your thankgiving CC?
    hope ya had a good and filling time like me....*burp* still is stuffed

Sunflorazumarill

Look, it's Sunflorazumarill!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2012
    Sunflorazumarill said:
    While I still got the chance, here are some more requests from me. They're all revised versions of pics you've done for me.

Floreia revised
    Electra revised
    Milane revised

And here are reference pics:

https://img112.exs.cx/img112/1659/electra0qj.png
    https://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img7&image=PkmnTrainerMilane.jpg
    https://img7.imageshack.us/my.php?loc=img7&image=HulaDancerFloreia.jpg

I just hope you get to them like next week or something. I actually had a dream last night where you redid these pics and they looked awesome.

BTW, I'm currently working on a unique pic of Trixie that I think you may want to see when I'm done.

Speaking of Trixie, when do you plan on doing a pic of her in her performance outfit? Also, don't forget the requests I asked for on the previous page.

The first one is Satsuki of the Kimono Sisters!

Just reminding you of these requests. Also, I'm kind of wanting you to take a look at that Trixie pic I did in my new art topic and comment on it for me.

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Sunflorazumarill said:
    The first one is Satsuki of the Kimono Sisters!

Just reminding you of these requests. Also, I'm kind of wanting you to take a look at that Trixie pic I did in my new art topic and comment on it for me.

ohhh your good, well you nailed that sillouette, and yes ill try to fit those pics into my schedule

and thanks anakin!

ohhh and does anyone know where to get pics/screens of characters from Pokemon Colloseum? cuz i wanna do some characters like Professor EIN and Lady Venus, cuz i dont want to restart my colloseum game so if anyone knows where i chould get those that be great

Last edited:
    Years
    Hey, gilbertman. Glad you appeared and gave us something to drool over until you come by next time.

And why is it you post new pics on the Fridays I'm working? Do you hate me?!! >< After all the times I gave you cookies?! *cries like Torkoal*

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    CC: I heard you won 1st place in the art contest. Good. Well, now that you've advanced, it's about time I teach you some new things so your pics will be a little more exciting
    Emotion: Yes, smiling for the camera is nice but it'd be cool to try out more determined looks like for Ash or more snobby looks for characters like Drew or Gary. May could go with the exciting look and so on. Different moods make for more exciting pictures
    Thumbnails: Just like Pokesho does, you can do thumbnails and not only can they easily fit in avatars and are they easier to do, you can also continue a whole body from the head. And you can get even a little crazy like make certain characters look like they're yelling their heads off or certain characters like this T_T
    Different poses: remember that girl from the Mawhile episode, that special pic, well you can do more different poses too!
    Line thicknesses: some episodes have animation with variations of thickness like some manga and what some artists do like one of my Whiteny pictures.
    Special pics: you know for the holidays, like Christmas, you can do scenes. If you're busy though, you can start your pics extra early or if you are just too lazy, you could just do characters in holiday colors or Halloween costumes holding different holiday items.
    And one more thing: I have never seen you draw someone sitting. You should try it out.
    Just some tips from your "art consultant"
    Clair: Why is your face red?
    CC: Who's art thread am I on?
    Clair: Has GM and PC been getting to your head or is it that website that you mention a lot?
    CC: >:> who says it's mjust one thing..... mwahahahahaha!
    *click*

RSL

RaikouSpecialLover
    Years
    You done w/ Lovrina, GM? I've been hanging onto a 'custom' preview of her for quite awhile. Oh, the Marina piccy too. You should at least post them tomorrow, ok?;)

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    ^ above: dont spam, there's definitely something more to say than "awesome"
    I miss your art GM but in the meantime I'm occupying myself with a nonPokemon hobby that I also love, kind of like Phantom Bugsy and her Les Miserables only this series is coughlessstrangecough
    Hope you at least drop by before Friday with mz lovelina. btw, there's something like super cool at Pokesho and it has to do with May. It's a tad girly but it's mainly unisex.

ShinyEspeon

Lookin' for Light of Hope
    Years
    Hallo everyone!!Gilbertman where are you??:(I had been waiting on your pictures for last week.I would like to see your Lovelina,Marina and kimono sister Sasuki.Maybe you will be here today?? bye

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Hi Ju-Ju chan
    I feel terrible! My throat has been this sore-ish ness since last Saturday and I took Monday and Tuesday off from school, then went in Wednesday and Thursday for a few hours.
    but it still hurts T_T
    Then we got snowed in today (I live in a hilly neighborhood and the ice makes it impossible to drive on the hilly roads), on the plus side I've gotten loads of time to myself on the computer
    on the bad side I have tons of schoolwork to catch up on
    I hope you come by this thread today, you may cuz I saw you viewing the art forum with me.

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    Hi Ju-Ju chan
    I feel terrible! My throat has been this sore-ish ness since last Saturday and I took Monday and Tuesday off from school, then went in Wednesday and Thursday for a few hours.
    but it still hurts T_T
    Then we got snowed in today (I live in a hilly neighborhood and the ice makes it impossible to drive on the hilly roads), on the plus side I've gotten loads of time to myself on the computer
    on the bad side I have tons of schoolwork to catch up on
    I hope you come by this thread today, you may cuz I saw you viewing the art forum with me.

yes im here sorry about the wait i got a call and had to go help replace a windshield on a jeep but now im here, aaawwww im sorry CC :( here, i give you nice bowl of chicken noodle soup to help you get better, *hugs* get well soon, i sore throats

and interesting suggestions you gave before CC ill hafta try some like doing avatar sized shots of the characters whould be so easy it whould take me like 20 minutes to do one, so ill try to see if i can do that

HEY EVERYONE! well its about time 2 weeks with only one new drawing eek, well without furthur ado heres a pokemon holiday greeting for yo........wait whoops dang pokemon christmas bash song stuck in my head, its not like its that good, well lets go!

first 2 characters ive drawn before but here they are:

Jimmy:

and from pokemon Box
    Bridgette:

more to come

Fiver

Resigned. March 2005 - May 2012
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    yeah, great job on both of these characters! :D

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Wow! Check out the new backgrounds! Where did you get that kanji? What does it mean and uh
    do you happen to have the thing set up on your pc where you can type in Japanese? I do, it's really fun and it comes with this thing where you can draw characters you dont know, and translate them to English. Saves me lots of grief on Pokesho
    btw how ya like my Claudia pic in my siggy!
    Pretty good so far, except Briddget's boobs are sagging a little. (wish I had small boobs)

gilbertman

Where am I?
    Years
    Crystal Clair said:
    Wow! Check out the new backgrounds! Where did you get that kanji? What does it mean and uh
    do you happen to have the thing set up on your pc where you can type in Japanese? I do, it's really fun and it comes with this thing where you can draw characters you dont know, and translate them to English. Saves me lots of grief on Pokesho
    btw how ya like my Claudia pic in my siggy!
    Pretty good so far, except Briddget's are sagging a little. (wish I had small )

well the japanese probably doesnt traslate well i just downloaded some japanese fonts and most of the japanese is the characters name, either the japanese or english traslation, or perhaps where theyre from or what pokemon they have, or i just write random stuff like gilbertman, i know i like it cuz it looks cool, i thought doing BGs like this is simple easy i dont hafta put too much thought into it plus it looks a lot better

welp while im here ill post 2 more

the RBY Manga version of Red:

someone asked me for this pic a looonnnggg time ago i forgot who, but hey here it finally is.......meh, not my favorite of the butch, kinda hard to translate him into the anime

and from Pokemon XD

Lovelina:

this one looks a whole lot better then the first one i did,

and thanks P_B and Satoshi-san!

and whoops i almost forgot, i love that drawing CC she's so cute

Years
    Umm gilbertman, two things, first, your avatar is still trashed, second, are you ever drawing me that Shiny Jirachi, you agreed to it two months ago, and you said you would just randomly draw it and show it here or something, but you never did it, could I ask why?

Back