• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime of 2009?...

Beelzebub

under the crimson air
    Years
    • Seen Feb 18, 2013
    Hmm, there's some good ones, but I'm going to have to say Pandora Hearts or Eden of the East. Bakemonogatari's pretty cool too.

Cloche

エスパーレディ
    Years
    Pandora Hearts
    To Aru Majutsu no Index
    Fresh! Pretty Cure! (I'm a sucker for this series, I love Mahou Shojou XD )
    Minami Ke.

On another note, Sailor Moon is currently re-airing, and I'm happy as all get out. XD <<<---*is shot for her dorky-ness"

Years
    Well, if it's not "of 2009"...
    Umm...
    Bleach...
    ...Erm...
    Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles...
    Code Geass...
    Erm...
    The Third: Aoi Hitomi no Shoujo
    Uh...FMA: Brotherhood
    Yeah...

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
    Years
    Higurashi and Umineko for me. And, if you don't count the fact I watched the entire series in English many years ago and am now watching it in Japanese, Shaman King XD

Oh, and Lucky Star, I guess...

I could also say Shugo Chara, but I've only seen one episode (but read all the manga as of right now) XD

red fraction

solitude is your only friend
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2009
    I'm in love with 07-Ghost.
    its happy, then its sad, then its epic then sad again

Kotowari

Will be back eventually
    Years
    Best Anime I saw this year? Deffinitally EVERYTHING that involves the red-haired, wandering Samurai Himura Kenshin. That involves:
    -Rurouni Kenshin Anime (Rating: 4/5)
    -Rurouni Kenshin the Movie (R:3/5)
    -Rurouni Kenshin Tsuiokuhen OVA (R:5/5, 10/5 if I could)
    -Rurouni Kenshin Seisouhen OVA (R:5/5)

Other anime that caught my eye were
    Seirei no Moribito/Guardian of the Sacred Spirit (4/5)
    Sengoku Basara (4/5)

I have a thing for fantasy/historical Anime, I will gladly accept recommendations. :3

Loki

x
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2024
    Urgh, 4kids. They were just a huuuuge nightmare.

It's going to be Fairy Tail, for sure.
    Even though that's not out yet.

Otherwise, I've been really enjoying Basquash! though the direction it's taking is just a tad bit irksome.
    Then Gundam 00 S2 was, of course, a BAMF.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Uhh... mine is probably Umineko or Hetalia. Maybe toss Eden of the East on the heap too, though it left me a bit too confused to like it as much as I did in the beginning...

twocows

The not-so-black cat of ill omen
    Years
    All of 2009? Hm, that's about 6 months worth of stuff. In no particular order:
    Higashi no Eden (10/10)
    Brilliant series, ending was spectacular. Can't wait for the movies.
    Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood (9/10)
    It's great so far, but I tend to get bored with series that don't wrap up after so many episodes. It'll be interesting to see if it can maintain this score.
    Spice and Wolf (10/10)
    Great series, all the way up to and through the ending. Spice and Wolf 2 is already airing, but I haven't started watching it yet.
    Toradora! (9/10)
    Everybody else liked the beginning better. I liked the ending better. Whatever, I still liked the series as a whole quite a bit.
    Macross Frontier (9/10)
    Macross. Also, Ranka.
    Kanon (2006 Kyoto Animation version) (10/10)
    Everybody rips on Kanon (and especially my favorite character, Ayu). Screw them, Kanon's probably my second favorite series ever, and Ayu's probably my second favorite character ever. Makoto isn't far behind. I ;_;'d so many times through the course of 24 episodes.
    K-ON! (9/10)
    Lucky Sta... I mean K-ON! is about four girls who do a bunch of random crap. Plus anime referenc... I mean guitars.
    Hellsing (TV) (9/10)
    [AGELIMIT]people that can handle excessive swearing, spoilers, and watch Hellsing without their eyes melting from its pure awesome
    Spoiler:
    [/AGELIMIT]Anyway, I heard the OVA is even better. I'll start watching when I feel like it, but at a rate of one release every time they feel like it, there's not really any rush.

Everything else that I've watched so far this year has been average at best.

Back